What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Master Spa steel frame  (Read 17551 times)

cflrules

Re: Master Spa steel frame
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2005, 01:33:02 pm »

The pie is certainly spread out but not every slice is as appetizing as the next.

OK. ::)

My slice tastes pretty darn good.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2005, 01:33:54 pm by cflrules »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2005, 01:33:02 pm »

flajoker

• Hot Springs...Envoy
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2005, 01:21:10 am »
Wood or steel would be great if it was done the right way. Problem is I don't know of any spa company doing it the "right'' way. If they did, the only thing left to sell would be replacement parts that where used up. Or they might sell a new tub if you where a first time buyer or looking to buy a new model spas.
I would think the shell and framing could be made to last 25 years are longer with very little cost upgrade.
But you made things to last forever, we all would be looking for jobs. :)
A little hot dipped galvinizing and treated wood goes a long way.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2005, 02:11:02 am »
Wood or steel would be great if it was done the right way. Problem is I don't know of any spa company doing it the "right'' way. If they did, the only thing left to sell would be replacement parts that where used up. Or they might sell a new tub if you where a first time buyer or looking to buy a new model spas.
I would think the shell and framing could be made to last 25 years are longer with very little cost upgrade.

I think there many spas whose frames and shells will last 25 years..but the pumps and heaters will not....these are not fine furniture...that will age with grace and beauty......if you get 12 to 15 good years with minimal repairs out of your spa ..you are doing well and have gotten a fair shake for your money....I think there are several spa makers whose spas will do this....
« Last Edit: January 17, 2005, 11:08:31 am by Mendocino101 »

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2005, 07:57:27 am »

Windsurfdog,

A man after my own heart!  LOL!

Princess,
I've been after your heart since the day we met...... ;)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2005, 12:01:16 pm »
Well besides this site, I do not typically hear to many negatives about the Arctics. Quite the opposite actually. And yes, Arctic is selling plenty of spas.

And herein is where the rubber 'sorta' hits the road. As a consumer who was in the shopping mode last summer, I got a first hand look a this sales approach. It came from two manufacturers that claimed superiority over the competition because of their manufacturing process.  

The first was Thermospas, who I have no problems in advising people who ask for my opinion about to RUN, RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN FROM THEM. Before I became aware of who they were I had invited a sales rep into my house and well, I wrote my experience in a previous post.

The other was my local Arctic dealer. They did not impress me because of their approach to compare their product with the other locally available brands and how superior their's was. Rather than focusing on the quality of their product they chose to trash the others and that is a big turn off for me. It is a nice looking tub and we did enjoy the wet test, but we walked because of that.

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2005, 09:14:09 am »
They did not impress me because of their approach to compare their product with the other locally available brands and how superior their's was. Rather than focusing on the quality of their product they chose to trash the others and that is a big turn off for me.

This is the biggest mistake any dealer can make when trying to sell a spa BY FAR.  The closest Coleman dealer to me at the time (200 miles) and the only Sundance dealer that would sell to me totally trashed their competition and their competition's products.  Had it not been for this, I certainly could be soaking in a 706 or Cameo now.  I guess the point is that no matter how well built or technically advanced a spa is, all of that can get lost in attitude and approach.
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2005, 11:23:49 am »

What kind of spa do you have? MAAX does do hot dipped galvanized frames out of a material called "galvalume" http://www.galvalume.com/

D1 has been using kiln dried, pressure treated 2x4 construction in their cabinets for years. In addition to that they use the same bracketing and design that is used in the roof trusses of your house, how long do you expect your house to last?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2005, 11:23:49 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42