What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: To lounge or not lounge..that is the question  (Read 9246 times)

mhraracing

Re: To lounge or not lounge..that is the question
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2005, 08:06:35 pm »
1) Yes
2) First
3) Yes

What I have found out so far about our lounger is if you plan on having lots of company in your Spa - you may want the extra seat. If you have 4 corner seats - you can fit 2 couples in your spa without feet piled on top if each other.

With the lounger on person has to sit 'next' to another person - at least in my Geneva its this way.

So my suggestion is - if you plan on entertaining ALOT you may opt for no lounger.
Caldera Geneva Utopia

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2005, 08:06:35 pm »

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2005, 08:18:37 am »
So my suggestion is - if you plan on entertaining ALOT you may opt for no lounger.

One quick observation here....planning for entertaining is certainly a consideration though, if your tub use is like ours, you will find that entertaining time is less than 20% of total tub use.  My philosophy when making the spa purchase was purely personal figuring that any tub that's good enough for me is good enough for my friends....and after the purchase, I'm glad I took that tack.....and my friends LOVE the tub..... 8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

KC-SWO

• Waiting for my new deck, Dreaming of my BC 750
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2005, 08:41:06 am »
1) No

2) First

3) No

We bought a Beachcomber 750.  It has what are sorta 2 half loungers on one side.  While I often sit in a lounge position on this side, I don't think I would get a lounger.  Just personal preference I guess.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2005, 10:26:00 am »
No
First
Probably not.

We didn't really care all the much for the lounger, and we like the extra seating capacity.
Brewman
Brewman

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2005, 11:03:58 am »
1) No

2) First

3) No

Bigbender

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2005, 11:12:51 am »
Yes
First
Yes

My wife and daughters love the lounge in our Coleman 471 Deluxe. Although we have a great corner seat for shorter people, the lounge is their favorite. If I were to change anything about ours, it would be to add some small jets underneath our legs. One of the other tub lounges we tested had leg jets but we couldn't keep from floating out of the seat. Maybe this is why Coleman doesn't have them ??

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2005, 12:03:01 pm »
1) Yes
2) First
3) Yes

What I have found out so far about our lounger is if you plan on having lots of company in your Spa - you may want the extra seat. If you have 4 corner seats - you can fit 2 couples in your spa without feet piled on top if each other.

With the lounger on person has to sit 'next' to another person - at least in my Geneva its this way.

I think you stated what I was trying to say more clearly. Normally its 3 people in our 6 person tub and everyone is comfortable.  

From the social aspect of hot tubing with friends or other family I find that with  5 people in our tub and nobody using the lounger they can all see each other and still remain comfortable.

If all 6 seats are filled, the person in the lounger is "socially" away from several people.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2005, 12:03:01 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42