What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: To lounge or not lounge..that is the question  (Read 9247 times)

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
To lounge or not lounge..that is the question
« on: January 15, 2005, 02:02:28 pm »
A common stat I have heard spa dealers use:
"80% of second time buyes do not buy a lounge....."
Usually followed by some reasoning..ie floating, more space, didn't use it etc.

So here is my poll:
1) Does your spa have a lounge?
2) Is this your first or second spa?
3) If this is your first spa, would you get a lounge next time
or
3B) If this is not your first, why did you chose to go with or without a lounge

Thanks for your replies.

HTM
Homeworks Financing Representative

Hot Tub Forum

To lounge or not lounge..that is the question
« on: January 15, 2005, 02:02:28 pm »

Winnsome

• I love Hot Tubbbing and Boating.
Re: To lounge or not lounge..that is the question
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2005, 02:08:17 pm »
1.     Yes
2.     First
3.     Yes

Our neighbor and our daughter, son-in-law both own spa's.  Both have lounge seats and the many times we have "borrowed" their spa's, the lounge seat is our favorite.  So when we bought our spa, because of them, we bought the lounge seat model.  Artesian, Island Grand Bahama, 58 jets.  We just love the full back, leg and foot massage the Artesian gives us.  It is still our favorite seat.  And Yes, our next spa will also have a lounge seat.  And my 1 year old grandaughter just loves to sit on either my or my wifes stomach while in the spa in the lounge seat.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2005, 03:32:13 pm by Winnsome »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2005, 02:57:25 pm »
1) Although I officially don't own a spa yet I did concentrate on spas without a lounge and am buying a spa without a lounge. I did dry test two with lounges and there definitely was a fit to them - one felt too small and one felt too big ( I guess it's like Goldilocks and the three bears - the next one would have been just right!).

The one thing that I've seen in advertisements with lounges that they tend to be shallow and being a big person I was a little concerned that it may be too shallow and the water "may not cover everything" aka stomach - LOL and the possible floating factor. The only manufacturer that specifically mentions a deep tub in their sales blurb is Emerald for their top of the line model.

Interesting though is the Artesian Island Grand Cayman has a quasi lounging area(same as the Piper Glen). The seat in between the 2 non neck jet seats has 4 jets in the seating area to hit a persons legs. I thought it was a way to get non lounger with lounging capabilities. It certainly won't be as comfortable as a real lounger but it'll do.

2) This is my first spa.

3) Can't answer yet. But I can say that I only know 2 other people who own spas and have never been in either one so I would imagine that if I like hot tub ownership and am happy with my layout - I probably wouldn't deviate too much.

Hope this helps!

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2005, 03:18:09 pm »
1) No

2) First

3) No

bobhol

• delivery in 35 minutes......or its LATE!!!
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2005, 03:28:50 pm »
 1)YES.....2)FIRST......3)YES.

wetone

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2005, 04:08:41 pm »
1. Yes,
2. fourth  :-/ since 94
3B. Beachcomber 530 all seater, Artesian Captiva all seater, Coleman 706 Lounger, current spa D1 Chairman ll lounger, wet tested the chairmen ll and BAM... had to have a the lounger. First  lounger model the whole family really liked.

John
« Last Edit: January 15, 2005, 04:10:26 pm by wetone »

Julie

• Sundance Cameo owner
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2005, 05:48:49 pm »
1- Yes, I have a lounge seat
2- First spa
3- Yes, would get another one I think

We have a Sundance Cameo since last May, and we both like very much our lounge seat, it is very relaxing.  My boyfriend was the one who ABSOLUTLY wanted the lounge.  I liked it too, but was more undecided and could have gone with the Optima if that was his choice.  Now that we have it, I wouldn't trade it!!!

And the floating point that people usually stress out a lot:  my boyfriend probably wouldn't float even in the Dead Sea! (OK, he would float there, but he is such a rock in normal water...)  I don't float either (I'm not skinny, just a normal weight and size girl), and our regular visitors (one couple) don't float either.  They are pretty much our size thought.  I had my aunt who didn't like much the lounge, she probably floated out a little bit.

nicker

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2005, 06:12:06 pm »
1. yes
2. yes
3. probably.

I love the lounger in our spa, the wife doesn't.  I am tall and can get the full effect of the foot jets.  She is shorter and can not get the full effect.

The reason I say probably is that I would like a lounger again but would also like to have the foot well have jets.   That way all the other seats can have foot action too.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2005, 06:44:11 pm »
All of the above answers, and the ones that will come below are right!

If I was to buy another spa I would buy one again. We are a family of three and we have a 6 person spa. Most of the time the lounger is empty.  I use it occasionally and am glad it is there.  If we were a family of 6 I probably wouldn't buy a longer.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2005, 08:47:07 pm »
HotTubMan...

The reality of a lounge or not in a spa is totally a personal choice.

So here are my answers;

1. NO

2. 7th

3. N/A, but I would not have a lounge, my opinion only.

3B. I found that each spa that I have owned was set up similar to the last, pretty much barrier free seating. I like the fact that one has the ability to slide across the seating arrangement without having to get up then back down into another seat. I guess this goes back into the early 1980's when lounges were very flat, not contoured like today's spa. Plus, it is easier to bring a drink from one side to the other, no spill, no foam... ;)

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2005, 09:01:23 pm »
1. No
2. First
3. Maybe, it depends.  When I began looking, I thought I had to have a lounge.  After wet testing, I floated in all of the Jacuzzi seats, I was ok in the LA, Sundance, and HotSpring lounges.  I bought a tub without a lounge because I gained an extra MotoMassage seat, so hubby and I could both have one!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2005, 08:30:38 am »
1) Does your spa have a lounge?

Yes
2) Is this your first or second spa?

First
3) If this is your first spa, would you get a lounge next time
or
3B) If this is not your first, why did you chose to go with or without a lounge

Absolutely.....and being the best seat in the house for stargazing is only 1 reason.  Another misconception is that the only 1 person can enjoy a space that could otherwise accomodate 2 separate seats.....I've found many times that 2 people fit the lounger just fine.....both prone and not! ;D  Another thought.....I believe many times people don't like loungers because they bought a spa without the right lounger for them.  The loungers in some spas I wet tested did not suit me.  Had I bought one of them, I very well could've generalized the same thing about loungers.
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

lynnette

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2005, 10:09:34 am »
1)   NO     2)  FIRST   3)  MAYBE    :)    

tonyp

• Soaking in a HS Envoy!
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2005, 11:34:00 am »
Yes
First
Yes

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2005, 11:55:23 am »
Yes

Second

Yes

My first spa (Coleman 411) had a lounger but it wasn't my favorite seat. My new Coleman has a very cotoured lounger and it fits me like a glove. In this tub the lounger is my favorite seat. I would choose my next spa based on how the lounger fits me.

Spahappy :D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2005, 11:55:23 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42