What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Covers, lifters, Dynasty update  (Read 5499 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Covers, lifters, Dynasty update
« on: January 13, 2005, 01:09:06 pm »
I stopped by my dealer today to tell them about my broken lifter, which is a result of the water logged cover half.  I was hoping one of two owners would have been there as I might have been able to get something out of them, but I was stuck with the hired help.  

They did point me to a number to call to get a hardware kit for the CovermateI. Doc you sell that?  All I need is replacement bolts for the pins, I will probably go to the hardware store to get that.

They do sell the foam inserts. I only need one and for the $120 they will order it, deliver it and install it.  If its hard to get in thats their issue at this point.

Now for the Dynasty update. They released a few tubs that all have the same jet throughout.  I call it the "showerhead jet"   I can't imagine owning a tub that has the same jet throughout.  Oh, they also have finally admitted on brouchures and signs that they use "brake horse power" ratings for thier pumps.  
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

Covers, lifters, Dynasty update
« on: January 13, 2005, 01:09:06 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Covers, lifters, Dynasty update
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2005, 01:20:13 pm »
Now for the Dynasty update. They released a few tubs that all have the same jet throughout.  I call it the "showerhead jet"   I can't imagine owning a tub that has the same jet throughout.  Oh, they also have finally admitted on brouchures and signs that they use "brake horse power" ratings for thier pumps.  

Do they list both Brake and Continuous HP or just Brake? This has always been a pet peeve of mine as those who hide the fact they're really stating BHP are trying to trick people into thinking they have more HP that their competition, IMO.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2005, 01:27:41 pm »

Do they list both Brake and Continuous HP or just Brake? This has always been a pet peeve of mine as those who hide the fact they're really stating BHP are trying to trick people into thinking they have more HP that their competition, IMO.

In the past it was just  listed as 7HP, now they show - 7BHP pump.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2005, 05:40:57 pm »

In the past it was just  listed as 7HP, now they show - 7BHP pump.

That's a start. It sure would be nice to see full disclosure by stating both:

3.5 HP (7.0 BHP).

autoplay

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2005, 06:14:43 pm »
As long as it feels good (at least that's what my wife tells me) is what's important.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2005, 06:52:00 pm »
You talking about the big bolt pictured here

I can probably dig up a couple, but the depot might be a lot easier, AND faster......

ok, how I do the dang picture thing-a-ma-jig?

Mopderator note: Post modified to allow picture to be seen. Thanks Autoplay.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2005, 12:29:21 pm by wmccall »
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2005, 12:30:42 pm »
You talking about the big bolt pictured here

If I read the drawing correctly:
No, that one attachs directly to the pivot, the ones I broke are mounted to the channel bracket, but they have a rubber shield around them and it acts as a stop for the pivot arm when it is all the way up.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2005, 02:32:17 pm by wmccall »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2005, 03:58:53 pm »

the "dot" or post just to the right of the first screw on the left?

If it's in fact a threaded bolt this would be from a rather new covermate1 lifer. up until receintly it was a steel post welded into the bracket
« Last Edit: January 14, 2005, 04:09:23 pm by wmccall »

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2005, 04:11:25 pm »

the "dot" or post just to the right of the first screw on the left?

If it's in fact a threaded bolt this would be from a rather new covermate1 lifer. up until receintly it was a steel post welded into the bracket

Yes, that dot is it. My dealer gave me a new one when I broke the original one because I opened the lid without  removing wet snow. (dumb moment)   You wouldn't know that bolt size would you?

PS- Doc,  use the " /"  inside the bracket not a "\" and your images will show up.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2005, 04:12:31 pm by wmccall »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2005, 04:14:30 pm »

That's a start. It sure would be nice to see full disclosure by stating both:

3.5 HP (7.0 BHP).

I've seen that before, Having a background in electricity/electronics, I would instantly have a more favorable opinion about the manufacture after seeing that. But they are counting on people uneducated in this area thinking more is always better.  I think Cal is another one that passed BHP off as HP, at least as of last August.

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2005, 04:23:49 pm »

I've seen that before, Having a background in electricity/electronics, I would instantly have a more favorable opinion about the manufacture after seeing that. But they are counting on people uneducated in this area thinking more is always better.  I think Cal is another one that passed BHP off as HP, at least as of last August.

I would ove to agree and say Cal is the only one. Not a chance. There are more stating bHP as HP than not.

Beachcomber
Catalina
D-1
Coast
Gulf Coast
Anything sold at place called "(insert name) Depot"
Anything sold at Costco
HydroPool
Arctic
Jacuzzi
I dont have enough time to list them all

Spa Manufacturers I can think of that list Continuous and or bHP:
Watkins
Sundance
Coleman
Marquis

Please correct or add to my list....
Homeworks Financing Representative

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2005, 04:26:08 pm »

I think Cal is another one that passed BHP off as HP, at least as of last August.

Some manufacturer websites and literature do list both Continuous HP and Brake HP. Too bad they all can't follow that path as its simply educating the customer. They aren't lying by stating their pumps to be "5.0 HP" but rather they're convienently leaving out information that allows the average customer to better understand the truth and compare apples to apples. Oh well, its not like I expect it to totally change.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2005, 09:00:08 pm »
Bill, I have a few extra of the old style brackets. If you want to email me I'm happy to just send a pair out to you.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2005, 09:05:59 pm »
Hottub Man....

Marquis for the most part stays out of the HP game all together and lists GPM the pumps are stamped with what the Continuous HP is...but on their web site and literature they stay with GPM....

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2005, 12:34:52 pm »
Hottub Man....

Marquis for the most part stays out of the HP game all together and lists GPM the pumps are stamped with what the Continuous HP is...but on their web site and literature they stay with GPM....

I sit corrected
Homeworks Financing Representative

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2005, 12:34:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42