What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Can someone explain to me  (Read 7575 times)

shoemaker

Re: Can someone explain to me
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2005, 04:28:24 pm »
Hey, hey, hey !!!

Are you people forgetting that there is a TEAM in Massachusetts that just might have something to say about the Dolts being in the Super Bowl?

Oh and I'll be watching the Patriots in the Super Bowl from the comfort of my Hot Spring Envoy ! (There that qualifies this post as "spa related" !)

LOL  ;D

(J/K about the "Dolts" thing ! )

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2005, 04:28:24 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2005, 04:37:19 pm »
Hey, hey, hey !!!

Are you people forgetting that there is a TEAM in Massachusetts that just might have something to say about the Dolts being in the Super Bowl?

Oh and I'll be watching the Patriots in the Super Bowl from the comfort of my Hot Spring Envoy ! (There that qualifies this post as "spa related" !)

LOL  ;D

I'll be in the house making wings.  I'm not sure who I'll cheer for in the Colts / Patriots game.   Both have great players from OSU.   One has a Michigan QB though  :P
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

shoemaker

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2005, 04:41:49 pm »
  One has a Michigan QB though  :P

ROTFL

Actually, the Colts are the only team in the playoff that can beat us. Even with the injuries I am pretty certain we could get by the Steelers and the Eagles.

(That should ruffle some feathers, huh? )

Ummmmmm....oh yeah........make sure you wet test before you buy a HOT TUB !

(Whew, thought this post wouldn't last if I didn't throw that in there.)  ;D

Chris_H

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2005, 04:42:12 pm »
Hey, hey, hey !!!

LOL  ;D

I think you are a bandwagoner.

shoemaker

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2005, 04:44:33 pm »

I think you are a bandwagoner.

Nope. I live here in Mass, and grew up just outside of Boston. I remember "listening" to Babe Parelli and Jim Nance playing in Fenway Park!!

Now, does that date me or what?

LOL

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2005, 01:24:35 pm »
I would say my post count is a reflection of my desire to both help and learn.

It is also a reflection on my lack of a life outside of work and home.

Compared to many professionals on this board, I am an industry "newbie".

Thanks for the kudos SpaHappy
Homeworks Financing Representative

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2005, 02:00:45 pm »

ROTFL

Actually, the Colts are the only team in the playoff that can beat us. Even with the injuries I am pretty certain we could get by the Steelers and the Eagles.

I wouldn't look too far past the Steelers, assuming they beat the jets.  I tend to root for the teams I hate, if they beat my team and now my team isn't in it. I even rooted for Michigan against the Texas Longjohns in the Rose Bowl.
This year, we will be having a wings/hot tub superbowl party.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2005, 02:29:31 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2005, 02:47:23 pm »

I wouldn't look too far past the Steelers, assuming they beat the jets.  I tend to root for the teams I hate, if they beat my team and now my team isn't in it. I even rooted for Michigan against the Texas Longjohns in the Rose Bowl.
This year, we will be having a wings/hot tub superbowl party.

Just because you were rooting against me!  And btw, who won the game?   ;D ;D  Bevo is alive and well!!!

I'm usually for the underdog, especially in Pro Football.

Of course, I usually watch the superbowl for the commercials, the games have been pretty lame lately!

Too bad none of the hot tub manufacturers buy ad time during the superbowl!  I'm sure the teams would extoll their virtues, especially after a grueling football game!

;D
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2005, 03:54:31 pm »

Just because you were rooting against me!  And btw, who won the game?  

I have not trouble admitting Texas is the second best football state!
Too bad none of the hot tub manufacturers buy ad time during the superbowl!  I'm sure the teams would extoll their virtues, especially after a grueling football game!

;D

I finally saw a National TV ad for a hot tub other than Thermospa. It was a Hot Spring ad.  Have to sell a lot of tubs to get that $1million back.   I did work for a company that did a Superbowl ad, and I'd almost bet $100 bucks nobody remembers it.   Its was a CompuServe ad.   No Christmas bonus for us that year!

TC

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2005, 08:44:02 pm »
Being newer to the site, I do look at the number of posts a person has which tells me they've had exposure to alot of different issues.  Let's face it - none of us really knows who the other person is and what experience or knowledge they really have.  People like me go out and look to purchase a tub without any knowledge at all and have more "faith" in a veteran more so than a person who is newer to the site.  One thing about this site and the folks who respond - they have been extremely helpful to me and have led me through a very difficult purchase.  I honestly have more respect for the local "used car" dealer than some of the hot tub dealers I have dealt with in the past few weeks.  Our tub is being delivered tomorrow and will  continue to look to this site for direction on issues I can't solve.

TC

empolgation

• you pay what you get it for
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2005, 09:10:10 pm »
well said TC!

Congratulations on the purchase of your Caldera Elation - be sure to stick around, advice and info found here is better than every dealer I've experienced in person... and sometimes it's even relavant to hot tubs.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2005, 09:11:22 pm by empolgation »
e

Lori

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2005, 06:51:42 am »
I want to add something else, to the subject of post count.

When I first started reading this site, I was very intimidated about posting questions.  I thought they would be "stupid" and that the experts were all probably laughing at how ignorant I was about hot tubs.

I even stated this to one regular here (and you know who you are  :-*) who assured me that I should ask questions.  He also told me to answer questions I felt I could answer.  Such as, opinions of the tubs I had looked at or wet tested.  I may not have been an expert, but I had (or thought I had) valuable insight to give, and finally started doing so.  And I was accepted here with open arms, which I was grateful for!

Wisoki, you for one, helped me in my decision making, and I thought it only fair to help others.  Sometimes it is great to get feedback from an expert, especially about problems with water or pumps, etc.  But when you are shopping, it helps to get an average consumer's point of view, expert or not!

Just a few thoughts!!!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2005, 10:52:16 am »
Facts are facts. I'm #6 on the list for # of posts made so only 5 people can claim to be more knowledgable than myself.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2005, 11:54:17 am »
Facts are facts. I'm #6 on the list for # of posts made so only 5 people can claim to be more knowledgable than myself.

I have more posts, but I claim absolutely no knowledge superiority. You have taught me a thing or too...The Unreal One!
Homeworks Financing Representative

Lori

« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2005, 12:41:58 pm »
I have more posts, but I claim absolutely no knowledge superiority. You have taught me a thing or too...The Unreal One!

I must defer to both of you!  My post count is higher, but you both have taught me a thing or two!

:D  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2005, 12:41:58 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42