What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Beachcomber Shell Color??  (Read 3111 times)

KC-SWO

• Waiting for my new deck, Dreaming of my BC 750
Beachcomber Shell Color??
« on: January 12, 2005, 09:52:30 am »
Well, after months of dealing with the aftermath of a house fire, which destroyed my new BC750, it's time to get a new one.

The insurance company passed on the specs to the local dealer, and the only problem is shell color.  The smooth platinum finish I had is no longer available.

The tub was or will be a fully loaded BC750 with twilight cedar skirting.  The twilight cedar color matches the trim on my house, and the stain on my deck.

The smooth platinum shell finish was nice, it reflected the LED color beautifully.  But it did show a few scratches.   I'd like to keep the color so that it reflects the light like this again.

I have to pick a new shell color.  I was told there is a color close to the platinum, with a sparkle to it, but I don't think I see it on Beachcombers website.  I was thinking of going with that color, or maybe Beachwood for a pebbled finish.

Any suggestions?

Hot Tub Forum

Beachcomber Shell Color??
« on: January 12, 2005, 09:52:30 am »

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
Re: Beachcomber Shell Color??
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2005, 10:35:20 am »
As far as I know, Beachcomber has decided not to offer any pearlescent finishes.

Assuming I am correct, I would suggest Beachwood.

Ask your dealer to place a call to Beachcomber. Even though they may not be offerring it, they may still have some. I can asure it would not be cost effective for them to bring in one sheet.

If they have some sheets left of platinum, champagne or (i forget the other one they had); they may do it for you.

Good luck

Homeworks Financing Representative

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2005, 10:39:23 am »
I don't see any new colors on their site either. I suggest the Beachwood with the twilight skirting and a tan 4" cover. A great combination with the added benefits of an acrylic that won't shows those scratches and water marks anywhere near as much. It still reflects the light quite well also.

Steve

JLB

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2005, 12:25:34 pm »
I have Beachcomber 720x  with smoth Atlantis Blue and  natural Cedar. The contrast of the Atlantis hides and blends very well and makes the water look very clear and blue, it also reflects color lighting well.    ;)

KC-SWO

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2005, 01:33:43 pm »
The dealer already called about any leftover platinum.

I'm leaning towards the Beachwood.

But the dealer did say there was a smooth finish similar to the platinum available.  I might have to go down there to look at a sample though.  He didn't say what it was called.

hmmmm

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2005, 02:49:38 pm »
KC,

I'm not familiar with the Beachcomber colors in person, but light colors reflect the colored lights better.

Just my $.02.  Seems to me, the beachwood is the favorite!

Good luck!  Glad they are getting you going with a new tub!  I know it has been an agonizing wait!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

KC-SWO

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2005, 03:16:25 pm »
Lori,  the wait has been horrible.

And they are just getting ready to order my new tub.

The insurance company had to do the shock "that tub is worth how much?!?"  and then shop all over Ontario, and finally agree they are expensive.

It is all set, I just have to pick a color.  I hope to get into the dealer in person soon, take another look at samples, and order.  We will probably order beachwood.  That was the color we were going to order last time, until we found a platinum floor model.

fritz

• I like pools
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2005, 03:48:18 pm »
Hey KC-SWO

Go with the beachwood!

I do have a 740 in my showroom with this colour. Looks very nice with the light on. The different colours comme
as they are. I have also darker pools with the shell in
nigth blue and one in denim. In those pools the ligth is not so much reflectet as in the beachwood.

Your decission with beachwood will be all right.

Hope you won't have to wait for to long! Fritz

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2005, 03:48:18 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42