What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Cloudy water (as if that is a new topic)  (Read 3125 times)

jaw

• Golf - it's not just for breakfast anymore.
Cloudy water (as if that is a new topic)
« on: January 10, 2005, 12:26:44 pm »
Ok.

I did not use the tub last week - for the whole week.  I have n2 and an ozonator - though I never see any glow to know if it's working.

Anyway.

I test water last Friday, it was very cloudy then is about 6 weeks old light use - 3 times a week 1 to 2 people.

I balance, super chlorinate and next day add Spa perfect.

It is still cloudy and now TA is high.

I super chlorinate again (maybe 2 to 3 oz dichlor), and later in the day - when the chlorine rating is normal I add another shot of spa perfect.

Now water is STILL very cloudy - but better, and foamy very foamy.

So, I scoop out most foam - and there was a lot of it.

I make sure water is in balance and guess what, it is - but the water is still very cloudy - better than Friday -but still cloudy.

So?  WHat the heck is in there and how to clear up?

I have not had to use any clarifiers for a long time, and in fact don't have any right now.

All that said, I make sure to run water through all jets for a while, etc.

Also just swapped filters - so it's not a buildup in there.

Any help on this one?

Hot Tub Forum

Cloudy water (as if that is a new topic)
« on: January 10, 2005, 12:26:44 pm »

huh?

• "42"
Re: Cloudy water (as if that is a new topic)
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2005, 04:34:09 pm »
I don't have any experience with spa perfect...is it compatible with N2?  It says that it will cloud the water a little bit.  Are you using the N2 per instructions?(Start with a little Chlor).   I would try it without the spa perfect and see if things change.
¿

newtotubbing

• Lovin' my Vista
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2005, 06:46:45 pm »
How old is the water?  Is this spa new?

Jonathan

Neptuner

• My only tub foam
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2005, 08:02:18 pm »
What had you cleaned your swapped in filters with?

jaw

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2005, 07:18:13 am »
1.  Spa is 1 year and 5 mos old.
2.  Water is 6 weeks old, and used very lightly, maybe 3 times a week 1 to 2 adults for about 15 mins.
3.  Spa Perfect is simply an enzyme treatment, I don't know if it is compatible or not with Ozone or N2 - it was recommended by Marquis - as was Ozone and N2.  It has been used with NO problems with Ozone and N2 up to now - I do not think the problem is a result of this.
4.  I have been using N2 for 1 year and 5 mos per directions using a little dichlor after each use and shocking periodically.
5.  Filter cleaner - a product made for the purpose - and I also subscribe to filter spinning that Stuart once suggested,  I absolutely rinse the snot out - so it is not an issue with the filters either.

This BS has me ready to try Eco 1, and I have always been hesitant to use it because the the whacko in Denver likes it - to me that is the kiss of death.

Neptuner

• My only tub foam
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2005, 09:21:31 am »
OK, I suggest verifying that the ozonator is working.

Pooldevil

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2005, 10:07:48 am »
Hi Jaw
Don't know a lot about Spa Perfect but we do sell EcoOne here in the UK and it has been quite sucessfull.
One thing .... What ever you do don't mix E1 with SP as you will end up with an enzyme war !!
We tried this a few years ago and it took ages to get the tub back to clean , ending in a full clean out !
Hope you can get it sorted .....

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2005, 11:15:38 am »
JAW,
Have you tried to leave the cover open and run the jets for about an hour or so? I would do this with some shock, it sounds like your spa needs to breathe a bit after being closed up for a week. As you know the Marquis forms a pretty tight seal with the cover on and sometimes depreciates the oxygen in the water.

Spa perfect can a will make the spa foamy, any enzyme will. I like using enzymes but add them with the jets on low once every other week...

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2005, 11:26:23 am »
I agree.  It sounds like you are adding too much spa perfect.  Cloudy water needs to be filtered after shocking.  Sometimes it takes a while.  Keep filtering.

jaw

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2005, 09:46:54 am »
Could be too much of the SP.

I have gotten it clear again, just took several large doses of dichlor and leaving the tub open for a while and with air injection on.

I also did a mega scooping of foam off the tub.

would it still foam up if the enzymes were destroyed by the shocking/heavy dichlor?

I assume so, and will add SP again in about a week.

But for now it is clear.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2005, 09:46:54 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42