What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: hydropool spas  (Read 16995 times)

Steve

• Ultimate Member
Re: hydropool spas
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2005, 02:32:05 pm »
I'm gonna guess you have LOTS of mirrors in your house Chas. ::)

Steve

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2005, 02:32:05 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2005, 02:34:44 pm »
I'm gonna guess you have LOTS of mirrors in your house Chas. ::)

Steve

No need. I have memorized my face years ago.   ;)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

wetone

« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2005, 04:54:44 pm »
The other aspect to this is that it is drawing more water for filtering than just a top load system by itself. It will turn the body of water over every 15 minutes which other spas can't do with just a basic skimmer.

Do most spas not draw water from the skimmer and footwell intake for filtering?

TDS is directly affected to the unused chemical waste that remains in the footwell along with any other debris. If we can remove this and help extend the life of the water by doing so, it has another key benefit in that regard. It directly affects the annual operating cost and upkeep if draining and refilling is reduced.

uuummmm...  :-[ you got me here, could you elaborate a bit more on the unused chemical waste thing ???

« Last Edit: January 10, 2005, 08:53:13 am by wetone »

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2005, 05:16:03 pm »
I am not Steve, nor have I played him on TV.

John;

I beleive what Steve was getting at is this: unlike the spas you and I sell, the water sucked in throught the footwell is filtered.

This has long been HS's claim to fame with their "no by-pass filtration" and I beleive Steve is suggesting that HydroPool does the same, except the water goes through the pumps then the filter.

I'm not gonna touch your other question.

How did I do Steve? ;D
Homeworks Financing Representative

wetone

« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2005, 05:34:25 pm »

I beleive what Steve was getting at is this: unlike the spas you and I sell, the water sucked in throught the footwell is filtered.

Gotcha... what about the second & third pumps on the 700 & 800 models?

JPKeirstead

« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2005, 11:11:43 am »
James, I obviously underestimated your level of intelligence.

;)

That's Okay Chas, it happens all the time...er...well not so much really.  :P

salesdvl

« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2005, 12:19:41 pm »
So would I.  Doesn't Marquis have some kind of bottom cleaning thing too?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2005, 12:20:06 pm by salesdvl »
Measure once, cut twice.

Cgar

• Havanas and hot tubs... a match made in heaven.
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2005, 03:03:21 pm »

Do most spas not draw water from the skimmer and footwell intake for filtering?

uuummmm...  :-[ you got me here, could you elaborate a bit more on the unused chemical waste thing ???

you been in the spa biz a lot longer than I have, hoping to learn something from the master ;) ;D

I'd be interested to hear about this as well.  In looking at the Coleman tubs on our floor, they definitely draw from the footwell.  The only differences between the Coleman approach and the Hydropool (that I can see) are: 1/ the Colemans draw through the filter, and; 2/ the Hydropool draws through small holes in the floor of the tub while the Coleman (as an example) draws through an intake at the base of the tub.

Am I wrong in assuming that both setups achieve virtually the same thing?  

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2005, 07:05:42 pm »

I'd be interested to hear about this as well.  In looking at the Coleman tubs on our floor, they definitely draw from the footwell.  The only differences between the Coleman approach and the Hydropool (that I can see) are: 1/ the Colemans draw through the filter, and; 2/ the Hydropool draws through small holes in the floor of the tub while the Coleman (as an example) draws through an intake at the base of the tub.

Am I wrong in assuming that both setups achieve virtually the same thing?  

There are a couple major differences in the comparison you are making.

All tubs have suction fittings in the footwell from a safety aspect and to meet specific guidelines. These do draw water within the footwell but not from the bottom of the spa. This water is also not filtered prior to re-entering the spa through the jets. A major difference in itself. These wall suctions only draw water when the pumps are on high speed only where the Hydropool spas continually filter from our floor vacuum system on both high and low speed.

Just to be clear, our Hydropool spas also have a top load skimmer, pressurized filtration system over and above our floor cleaning system. Those are the features and benefits that set us apart with total watercare and the difference between the other spas mentioned.

Steve

Bubbles

• Calls 'em as I sees 'em
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2005, 03:04:57 am »

Does that mean you will leave soon for some significant amount of time?   Your attitude is attrocious.

-Ed

Gee I go away for a few days and come back to get caught up and [OVER THE LINE A BIT] . Luckily attitude isn't everything and I'm cute and cuddly.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2005, 12:55:54 pm by wmccall »

wetone

« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2005, 12:05:30 pm »

There are a couple major differences in the comparison you are making.

All tubs have suction fittings in the footwell from a safety aspect and to meet specific guidelines. These do draw water within the footwell but not from the bottom of the spa.

Your right, all spas have intakes in the footwell and hydropool does not have a foot well intake for pump 1 instead pump 1 draws water from the bottom.

This water is also not filtered prior to re-entering the spa through the jets. A major difference in itself. These wall suctions only draw water when the pumps are on high speed only where the Hydropool spas continually filter from our floor vacuum system on both high and low speed.

That may be the case with most spas, but... Coleman spas draw water from the foot well intake and the skimmer through the filter on low and high speeds on pump one, 100% filtration no bypass.

Pump 2 & 3 (if equiped with) draw from the foot well intake then back through the jets into the spa, no filtration. This is the same on hydropools models with 2 & 3 pumps, correct?

Just to be clear, our Hydropool spas also have a top load skimmer, pressurized filtration system over and above our floor cleaning system. Those are the features and benefits that set us apart with total watercare and the difference between the other spas mentioned.

Steve

Hydropool's self cleaning system is unique and a feature.

All I'm say'n, Hydropool is not the only spa that filters 100% of the water from the skimer and footwell, (besides HS) a few other brands do it as well, including Coleman, they just don't market it as a feature.

John

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2005, 12:09:36 pm »
So does Marquis and they have for many, many years.

huh?

• "42"
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2005, 12:36:41 pm »

Gee I go away for a few days and come back to get caught up and I see ebirrane {pronouned airbrain?}missed me. Luckily attitude isn't everything and I'm cute and cuddly.

Name Calling?   My question is...Bubbles, do your parents really give you enough allowence to purchase a hot tub?

Ed has been a valueble asset to this site, Nobody here will stand for blatent bashing of "regulars"  we see your type come and go quite often.  If you really don't have anything to add to this site, or anything to get from it, please don't participate.

I mean no insult...I mean no harm.   We could always use some more opinions here and I hope that you can stick around and share.  Just don't insult.
¿

ebirrane

• HS Grandee Owner; Hot Tub Geek
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2005, 01:39:54 pm »
huh?,  thank you very much.  :)  I enjoy my hot tub geekiness and hope I've been able to contribute -- I've gotten a ton from this forum.

Bubbles,
 We will just have to disagree on what constitutes cute and cuddly.   ::)

-Ed

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2005, 02:18:06 pm »

Name Calling?   My question is...Bubbles, do your parents really give you enough allowence to purchase a hot tub?

Ed has been a valueble asset to this site, Nobody here will stand for blatent bashing of "regulars"  we see your type come and go quite often.  If you really don't have anything to add to this site, or anything to get from it, please don't participate.

I mean no insult...I mean no harm.   We could always use some more opinions here and I hope that you can stick around and share.  Just don't insult.

I would have a tendency to agree... You have good info from time to time but borderline snide quite often.

Try and tone it down a bit so we can all share in your knowledge of the industry.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2005, 02:18:06 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42