What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: hydropool spas  (Read 16993 times)

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
Re: hydropool spas
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2005, 10:54:19 am »
Stabone;

You can see how it works on their website.

http://www.hydropoolhottubs.com/hydropool_tub_intro.html

Click on the "self cleaning plus" icon left centre on that page.

HTM
« Last Edit: January 02, 2005, 05:00:45 pm by HotTubMan »
Homeworks Financing Representative

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2005, 10:54:19 am »

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2005, 12:14:57 pm »
Back from the land of fog and rain in BC (at least you don't have to shovel it ;) ). I hope everyone had a great Christmas!

Sorry I didn't respond sooner hoss. I am the dealer rep for western Canada for Hydropool and if there's anything I can answer, please let me know. Thanks for letting him know you weenies! ::)

There's way too much bad info and salesmanship in this thread to go on about so suffice to say that if you need specific information, please let me know and I'll do my best to help hoss.

Steve
« Last Edit: January 02, 2005, 12:17:40 pm by Steve »

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2005, 12:58:45 pm »
Where have you been, Steve?

I wanted to tell him, but the thread had gotten waaay out of control, so I just stayed out of it!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2005, 01:13:16 pm »

BTW, Steve is the dealer rep for Western Canada...!  ;)

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2005, 01:34:21 pm »
Hey Lori! A special HAPPY NEW YEAR to you my dear!

We flew to Vancouver for Christmas to spend it with my family. My Mom has the late stages of Alzheimer’s and it may be her last. She has no idea who anyone was and it was very sad to see. We hadn't seen her for about 8 months and she has deteriorated quite badly.

We stayed at my sisters house in Port Coquitlam BC and she sent a limo to pick us up at the airport. The kids had never been in one so they were pie eyed! :o

It was a great Holiday and I hope you had the same.
Good health and Happiness for you and yours Lori in '05.

Steve
« Last Edit: January 02, 2005, 04:28:25 pm by Steve »

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2005, 02:16:52 pm »
BTW, Steve is the dealer rep for Western Canada...!  ;)

You're still a weenie! ;D

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2005, 06:51:29 pm »
Hey Lori! A special HAPPY NEW YEAR to you my dear!

We flew to Vancouver for Christmas to spend it with my family. My Mom has the late stages of Alzheimer’s and it may be her last. She has no idea who anyone was and it was very sad to see. We hadn't seen her for about 8 months and she has deteriorated quite badly.

We stayed at my sisters house in Port Coquitlam BC and she sent a limo to pick us up at the airport. The kids had never been in one so they were pie eyed! :o

It was a great Holiday and I hope you had the same.
Good health and Happiness for you and yours Lori in '05.

Steve

Back at you!  I wish you and your family the best in 2005!

I lost my paternal grandmother to the ravages of that awful disease last year, I empathize with you and your family.  The family bears the brunt of that disease!

Glad your Christmas was great!  Ours was, as well!  I bet the kids couldn't stop talking about the limo!  The first limo ride I ever took was when I was 12, and I thought I was "it"!!!  LOL!!!  8)

Now to make this spa related, thank you for the thread on proprietary features.  Very nicely put!  I have to say, I liked the idea of "no bypass filtration" on the HotSpring, but that wasn't the determining factor for my purchase!  I fell in love while wet testing!

I hope you have a very prosperous New Year in your new position!

Can you tell I missed you?
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2005, 07:31:20 pm »
Back at you!  I wish you and your family the best in 2005!

I lost my paternal grandmother to the ravages of that awful disease last year, I empathize with you and your family.  The family bears the brunt of that disease!

It's horrible. When we get older, quite often the only thing that becomes really important in life is our familes. People with this have that taken away from them. Many years ago, her family was her world and she was the glue that kept us all together. Her face no longer lights up when one of her grandkids walks into the room. It's very difficult for all of us, you're right. Dad still looks after her at home but we don't know for how much longer. He doesn't know how to let her go to a facility and we've left that entirely up to him.

Glad your Christmas was great!  Ours was, as well!  I bet the kids couldn't stop talking about the limo!  The first limo ride I ever took was when I was 12, and I thought I was "it"!!!  LOL!!!  8)

Glad to hear your Christmas was great Lori! The funny part of the 50 minute ride to my sisters in the Limo was my 11 year old daughter waving through the tinted glass like a celebrity. She knew no one could see her but that didn't stop her. ::) (my wife's side of the family I guess... ;))

Now to make this spa related, thank you for the thread on proprietary features.  Very nicely put!  I have to say, I liked the idea of "no bypass filtration" on the HotSpring, but that wasn't the determining factor for my purchase!  I fell in love while wet testing!

I'm not sure if my intension really came through. I'm glad you liked it though. You bring up a very valuble point in that those same features don't always play a key role in the purchase. There's so many factors to the purchase that these sometimes aren't even considered. Great point.

I hope you have a very prosperous New Year in your new position!

Can you tell I missed you?

Doesn't she make you just want to give her a BIG HUG![/i]  You're such a sweetheart! :-* (I just hugged my laptop! ;D )

Steve
« Last Edit: January 02, 2005, 07:33:18 pm by Steve »

ebirrane

• HS Grandee Owner; Hot Tub Geek
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2005, 11:44:28 pm »
I pop in periodically

Does that mean you will leave soon for some significant amount of time?   Your attitude is attrocious.

-Ed

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2005, 11:47:19 am »
No, there simply are no major name-brand tubs with this feature.

For the record, Baja spas also has this Self Cleaning feature. Maybe not a MAJOR brand (started in '72) but.... ;)

Steve
« Last Edit: January 07, 2005, 11:49:43 am by Steve »

Cgar

• Havanas and hot tubs... a match made in heaven.
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2005, 12:26:45 pm »
After consumers have visited the local Hydropool dealer they come in asking if we have the system that automatically cleans out all of the grit and sand that gets into the bottom of the spa.  When this started surfacing I looked at the system, and based on the diagram, I honestly wonder how the pump/impeller stands up to all of the 'sand and grit' that runs through it prior to filtration.  Does this not cause excessive wear and tear on the equipment?   Also, wouldn't hair be prone to getting stuck in the impeller as well???

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2005, 12:34:54 pm »
It's a valid question Cgar.

The Self Cleaning system only allows small debris due to the size of the holes in the footwell. With the 56 frame motors used in all our spas, these have never been an issue doing the job for the last 15 years anyway.

Any idea how a sump pump works? Same principle. I've had mine for many years without an issue.

Steve
« Last Edit: January 07, 2005, 12:37:25 pm by Steve »

JPKeirstead

« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2005, 01:28:10 pm »
For what it is worth, I tend to agree with Chas.  I mean it does seem like a good feature, but is it solving a problem that isn't really an issue?  I have owned spas for the better part of a decade and I don't recall large accumulations of sand and debris in the footwells of any of them.

That said, I must give Hydropool their due.  I checked it out on their website and it looks pretty spanky.
;)

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2005, 01:50:40 pm »
For what it is worth, I tend to agree with Chas.  I mean it does seem like a good feature, but is it solving a problem that isn't really an issue?  I have owned spas for the better part of a decade and I don't recall large accumulations of sand and debris in the footwells of any of them.

That said, I must give Hydropool their due.  I checked it out on their website and it looks pretty spanky.
 ;)

Spanky...that's what we were going for! ;D

I do value you're opinion JP. It's certainly not the magic bullet we've all been searching for but it does more than just remove debris. It certainly doesn't need to be large amounts to negatively impact the TDS or overall water quality of the spa. We know anything heavier than water will sink. We're not just talking sand here. No other spa offers any type of solution to this other than Baja and us.

Now granted, it's not always a critical problem but I defer to my previous post that brought up spa vac sales. Did these companies produce a product that has no value? No, they saw an opportunity to address an issue within certain applications and usage concerns and came up with a solution. The same thing applies with Hydropool's Self Cleaning feature.

The other aspect to this is that it is drawing more water for filtering than just a top load system by itself. It will turn the body of water over every 15 minutes which other spas can't do with just a basic skimmer.

This results in more filtration (always a good thing) and helping prevent the steady increase of the TDS. I personally don't promote this feature this way, but many of our customers get 6 months+ out of their water due to this. TDS is directly affected to the unused chemical waste that remains in the footwell along with any other debris. If we can remove this and help extend the life of the water by doing so, it has another key benefit in that regard. It directly affects the annual operating cost and upkeep if draining and refilling is reduced.

If a company is going to offer something different to consumers, I'm a firm believer in making it functional. There's no upkeep or maintenance to this and it works well. There's many other reasons to buy a Hydropool and this is only 1 aspect.

Thanks for the compliment BTW. ;)

Steve
« Last Edit: January 07, 2005, 01:52:27 pm by Steve »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2005, 02:24:09 pm »
For what it is worth, I tend to agree with Chas.;)
James, I obviously underestimated your level of intelligence.

;)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2005, 02:24:09 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42