What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: trying to decide on a manufacturer  (Read 2441 times)

im-mimi

trying to decide on a manufacturer
« on: January 09, 2005, 03:24:32 pm »
In searching the web (again) for spa information, I came across this site.  Talk about a fantastic source of information!!

As I looked at the first 8 pages or so of topics I couldn't find one that addressed round hot tubs (i.e. Nordic).  Please bear with me if this has been discussed - I just couldn't go through over 200 pages!  

The reason we are looking at round tubs is that we are trying to stay at a $5,000 price point (for tub, installation, etc) but want a spa that holds 5 people comfortably.  We'd love to hear any experiences with round tubs and if you have any suggestions for other spas in this price range....  Are we shooting too low for quality???

Hot Tub Forum

trying to decide on a manufacturer
« on: January 09, 2005, 03:24:32 pm »

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
Re: trying to decide on a manufacturer
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2005, 04:15:29 pm »
In searching the web (again) for spa information, I came across this site.  Talk about a fantastic source of information!!

As I looked at the first 8 pages or so of topics I couldn't find one that addressed round hot tubs (i.e. Nordic).  Please bear with me if this has been discussed - I just couldn't go through over 200 pages!  

The reason we are looking at round tubs is that we are trying to stay at a $5,000 price point (for tub, installation, etc) but want a spa that holds 5 people comfortably.  We'd love to hear any experiences with round tubs and if you have any suggestions for other spas in this price range....  Are we shooting too low for quality???

Take a look at the D1 arena, it will probably be a bit more expensive than that but is a very high featured round spa.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2005, 06:44:42 pm »
Welcome mimi. There are a number of dealers that can get you a round spa. Where are you located and what dealers are near by?

If you have a Hydropool dealer in your area, we can get the Omni for you within your price range. Beachcomber also has a round unit.

im Steve ;D
« Last Edit: January 09, 2005, 06:46:43 pm by Steve »

spaguyohio

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2005, 11:13:05 am »
Downeast also makes a tub like that, Bar Harbor is the model.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2005, 11:29:28 am »
Downeast also makes a tub like that, Bar Harbor is the model.

Bar harbor is an octagon but it might work. I feel it is a bit archaic and simple for the price compared to the rest of their line or even other brands like Nordic.

huh?

• "42"
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2005, 12:16:37 pm »
IMO all round spas are a little archaic.  Great for entertaining, mediocre for therapy....but if that is what you are looking for....they're perfect.  BTW Bar Harbor is discontinued for '05.

Does anyone here (dealers) sell anykind of soft sided tub.  We are thinking of bringing a line in.  Price point wise.  The particular is Smart Tub.  Real basic...has anyone had any success with this type of tub.
¿

im-mimi

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2005, 03:08:43 pm »
Thanks to those who responded to my question about round hot tubs.  I know that they are somewhat "old-fashioned" but we don't like tons of jets and don't want loungers.  I just wanted to find out if there were specific disadvantages over the stardard square design...  This is much more complicated than we thought.  I cringe at the thought of wet testing too!!

r100rs

• A real BMW only has 2 wheels!
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2005, 05:00:20 pm »
The wet test is the best part !!! ;D
Its a great way to spend a day.

Emarald spas offers a tub with a notched corner.  I believe one or two other manufacturers offers them also, but I can't think of them.

r100rs

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2005, 05:00:20 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42