What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spa pricing  (Read 2096 times)

boxer95

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Spa pricing
« on: January 09, 2005, 09:38:09 am »
Hello, my wife and I are getting ready to purchase a spa and are concerned about the cost. We are looking at the Caldera Tahitian and the local dealer (the only spa dealer within 100 miles btw) is offering it at approx $7400.00. Is this reasonable for that model?

Is spa pricing set by the manufacturers?
Is spa pricing negotiable?

The dealer is also telling us they will supply a sub-panel that our electriction must use. Is this common?

Thanks in advance for your insight!

Hot Tub Forum

Spa pricing
« on: January 09, 2005, 09:38:09 am »

mhraracing

Re: Spa pricing
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2005, 10:40:02 am »
Boxer - try doing a few searches using Caldera as a word - Im sure you will find answers to many of your questions.

One answer I know for sure is - Yes Spa prices are negotiable and the Spa panel comes with every caldera spa.

AS for the price given to you.....it seems to me that spa prices vary greatly by region - It may be a great price depending on you area and what EXTRAs the dealer is giving you.
Caldera Geneva Utopia

boxer95

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2005, 09:27:20 am »
First, thanks for the reply.
Secound, 96 views and one reply? I was hoping for more reply's.
Third, so I take it buying a hot tub is similar to buying a car?
Is there a list price somewhere or some sort of  price gauge so that we can determine if we are getting raped or not?

Thanks so much for your time!

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2005, 09:34:10 am »
Secound, 96 views and one reply? I was hoping for more reply's.

That's because mhra's answer was so good--follow his advice and good luck. 8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2005, 10:16:58 am »
Wet test and if you like that spa, negotiate the best price you can and go forward from there.   If the dealer lets you walk vs making a sale, you know that you're hitting their price.

Prices vary too much across the country for anyone to validate your price.  In general it seems most premium spas come in at $7K plus- so your price seems to be in the general ball park.  

Most quotes include a cover, steps, startup chems, and delivery.  Does your price include those?  Also get a cover lifter if one isn't part of your package.

The only other suggestion would be to get price quotes on similar spas from other brands, and compare that way.  But if you may not have that option if you live so far away from spa dealers.

Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2005, 10:16:58 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42