What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HOT TUB REVIEWS  (Read 8083 times)

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
Re: HOT TUB REVIEWS
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2005, 03:17:16 pm »
I was talking about grammar and spelling issues any of us might have!  What I hate is the simple spelling issues, like when I type teh instead of the.  Those are the worst!

Waht are you TaKling aboot?

I really hate it when I hit the "CAPS LOCK" and the letter a at the same time (or close to it) or TAB after  q, happens less often but all of a sudden I am typing in subject line instead of the message section.
Homeworks Financing Representative

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2005, 03:17:16 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2005, 03:22:38 pm »
I plan on reviewing every spa I "wet test" I will offer mine and hopefully three others (my testers)

i loved reading the reviews that are on there.

I think reviews of tubs that you only wet test are valid if they are written so that the reader can tell that is the case. I've seen a lot of reviews of wet tested tubs that are thinnly disquised slams on a manufacturer.

As far as typos, I know the difference and the proper use of (to,two,too,there their, and they're) but my fingers never seem to type what my mind is thinking.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

ZzTop

• Beachcomber 550x owner
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2005, 12:58:13 am »
Most of the reviews while informative are done just after purchase which probably reflects buyers pride more than any negatives.

Regards, Zz

MellowBeerMan

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2005, 09:04:15 am »
LOL lori...sorry i was not talking about the spelling and grammar, I was talking about "bring it on"....LOL

you know in the hot tub...you are the Hot tub goddess...according to steve I believe...LOL

I am just joking around.

But yes I suffer from the teh as well and other typo's....

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2005, 10:20:50 am »
Most of the reviews while informative are done just after purchase which probably reflects buyers pride more than any negatives.

Regards, Zz

Agreed. This is why some here have suggested waiting 6-12 months or doing an update at that point.

I find buyer pride/remorse plays strongly in  reviews, refferrals and advice that friends offer to shoppers.

Dealers: How many times have you heard:

"My friend says I should should get a two pump tub"
OR
"My friend has a (insert brand here) does your tub have (insert feature of that brand)"

MellowBeerMan

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2005, 10:47:58 am »
well that is why I am here....to figure out what is exactly right and best for me.

an opinion is the best I can offer, even though my wife usually does not like to hear it!  :P

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2005, 10:54:55 am »
well that is why I am here....to figure out what is exactly right and best for me.

an opinion is the best I can offer, even though my wife usually does not like to hear it!  :P

You too?

poolboy34

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2005, 12:08:49 pm »
Hear it all the time.........."my friend says i should get a (insert brand here), do you carry (Insert brand here)?  It's frustrating, but we can usually still manage to give them a sales presentation, but there are times they just turn around and walk out the door when they find out we don't carry that particular brand.

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2005, 06:16:46 pm »
LOL lori...sorry i was not talking about the spelling and grammar, I was talking about "bring it on"....LOL

you know in the hot tub...you are the Hot tub goddess...according to steve I believe...LOL

I am just joking around.

But yes I suffer from the teh as well and other typo's....

Yay!  You took it as a joke!  I was afraid you hadn't, and took it as a challenge...well...in a way it was...but not malicious in any way.  After I read your post, I re-read mine, and saw where someone might get the wrong idea!

I would hate to think you thought I was flaming you!  I guess because you said we brought it on ourselves!  LOL!

;) Thanks for understanding!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2005, 08:00:15 am »
UTS,

Write a review of your wet tests as a thread, I did when I was trying to decide.  Then after you have your tub, and live with it a while, post a review in the REVIEW section of this site.  

After more thought, I like this idea.  We have Chas' Law,  this can be Lori's Law.  ;)  Of course at the present time, there is no way to enforce it, but we can push the idea.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Lori

« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2005, 08:21:32 am »

After more thought, I like this idea.  We have Chas' Law,  this can be Lori's Law.  ;)  Of course at the present time, there is no way to enforce it, but we can push the idea.

I'm speechless!!!

On second thought, who am I kidding!  ;)
I've never been speechless a day in my life!   ;D

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2005, 05:54:27 pm »
So you came out of the chute speaking, so to speak.

Brewman
Brewman

Lori

« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2005, 10:24:13 pm »
That would be what they have said, Brewman!

;D ;D

TC

« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2005, 07:45:17 pm »
What a great website.....

As someone who just today purchased a hot tub I would like to see a standard review.  For instance

1)  Where did you buy your tub?
2)  What did you pay for it?
3)  Pros and Cons when "testing the spa"
4)  Would you recommend the tub?
5)  I would like to see a review every three months.  Nothing extravagant .....  for instance
      A)  3 Months - No problems .... still love it
      B)  6 Months - Leaking jet.... Dealer was great/horrible etc

I plan on doing this for our new tub so maybe I can help the next person buying a tub.  This was an experience I won't soon forget.  

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2005, 08:02:03 pm »
Congrats on your purchase TC and welcome to topia duh spa. (french ya know!) ;)

Your suggestion is good and I wish that could happen. The problem here is that not many stick around long enough to give a serious, accurate review over a longer period of time. Mostly it's "we bought, we love it" sort of stuff with some exceptions.

Steve

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2005, 08:02:03 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42