What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Funny "squeak" in Optima  (Read 1943 times)

Max78

Funny "squeak" in Optima
« on: January 08, 2005, 11:16:42 am »
I have a funny "squeaking" noise that comes from the filter compartment of my Optima.  Have had it since I got it in September but haven't called about it.  Just wondered if anyone else had that.  It comes from the side that the micro filter is and I can only hear it when nothing on the tub is turned on.  It stops as soon as you turn on any of the jets (even with pump 1 just on low).  Sounds almost like plastic rubbing on plastic.  Not really sure.  Any comments?

Hot Tub Forum

Funny "squeak" in Optima
« on: January 08, 2005, 11:16:42 am »

JPKeirstead

Re: Funny "squeak" in Optima
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2005, 11:24:02 am »
Is it possible that the sound is coming from the wier gate, as it floats up and down? If it is actually the end of the filter, it must be the two filters rubbing together.

salesdvl

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2005, 12:21:29 pm »
Or could be a floating rubber ducky calling for help.
:)
Measure once, cut twice.

Max78

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2005, 12:42:37 pm »
It isn't the weir gate.  It makes no noise when moved up and down manually.  It is definitely something with the filter.  It is more noticeable when you turn the filter manually.  The rubber ducky theory is out.  Haven't had any floating around in the tub.

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2005, 01:15:35 pm »
There are no moving parts in the filter compartment. Make sure the rubber ducky is not screaming for assistance. The 2 filters also don't move so you can eliminate the fact that they might be rubbing against each other.
Are you sure the noise is coming from the filter compartment? It almost seems that something may be stuck in the impeller of the circ. pump. You won't hear it when the pumps are on high, it drowns out the noise.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2005, 01:17:17 pm by hottubber »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2005, 01:15:35 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42