What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Polar Spas  (Read 3194 times)

nicker

Polar Spas
« on: January 07, 2005, 06:53:20 pm »
Anyone here heard of or had any experience with Polar Spas?    We have a new dealer opening in London and one of my work chums that has been shopping for spas was asking me about them.  I have never heard of them.

Hot Tub Forum

Polar Spas
« on: January 07, 2005, 06:53:20 pm »

hoss

• Just tubbin along
Re: Polar Spas
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2005, 07:11:45 pm »
Check their website, from the same area as artic and very simular. except they use the new foil type insulation..very limited dealers  one in Mississauga and the rest in Alberta area...

wetone

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2005, 07:13:26 pm »
Hey Nicker,

Do you know were in London there store is?

wetone

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2005, 07:16:53 pm »
If it's the same Polar Spas as the Toronto area one, they sell Dynasty spas with a Voucher program were you pay $15,000 for a $7,000 spa and hope you get some $ back in three years

stabone

• Just Bring It !!
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2005, 07:17:42 pm »
What I have heard of Polar Spas,  is that they sell a bad tub at a high price, by offering huge rebates. (like 75%).
 However the rebates or so well written in their favor it is nearly impossible to get your money.  I have never seen one, but I have heard  about them from dealers in Canada.  Sounds pretty shady to me!!!!   8)

nicker

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2005, 07:27:57 pm »
Wetone it is in the Hyde Park area of London. Not sure how familiar you are with London though.

Ya you guys are right, after I posted this sting I noticed their add in the News Paper.    $6999.00 and rebates up to $5000.  Ya right that and that alone answers my question of what kind of guality tub and what kind of a dealer this is.

wetone

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2005, 07:37:13 pm »
Wetone it is in the Hyde Park area of London. Not sure how familiar you are with London though.

Ya you guys are right, after I posted this sting I noticed their add in the News Paper.    $6999.00 and rebates up to $5000.  Ya right that and that alone answers my question of what kind of guality tub and what kind of a dealer this is.

We have the low down on the rebate and Polar Spas, Ask Jerry or me next time your in the store ;) ;D

salesdvl

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2005, 09:20:13 pm »
The low down on the voucher thing is:  The dealer pays a fee up front to buy the voucher.  The fee is 15% of the face value. ( which is why the price of the spa has to go up )  The spa customer then has to do certain things at very specific times ( sending things certified mail...) and if they do EVERYTHING exactly right they are supposed to get their money back within 30 days after the 3rd anniversary.  We sold alot of spas with this promotion.  However we chose not to do it again.  This coming Aug is the 3rd yr anniv. so I will let you know how it goes.
Measure once, cut twice.

JcDenton

• Be Cool or be cast out
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2005, 09:56:36 pm »
Nicker...

There is a dealer here in Winnipeg that sells Polar Spas. When my wife and I were shopping for our spa last spring we ventured into their store one day. Simply put-- it was a mistake. The only salesman just made my skin crawl. It seems they purchase the shells from somewhere/someone else then build the shell around the tub on site. He was the most aggressive of all salesmen. I don't recall exactly what I asked him but I set him off and he began yelling at me. He also began throwing out huge discounts as well as pushing the "buy back" voucher program.

We did not purchase a Polar Spa. We did purchase an Arctic Spa. It's funny, many on this site accuse Arctic of crazy pressure antics, yet in our case it was the opposite.

Not sure if this helps, but if you read up on this site you should be able to fill in the gaps of what you need and what is important.

Good Luck

Jc
How do you know how much you don't know?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2005, 09:56:36 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42