What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: second rate spa?  (Read 5969 times)

flajoker

• Hot Springs...Envoy
second rate spa?
« on: January 05, 2005, 11:47:10 am »
My hot springs dealer just informed me that Caldera second rate compared to hot springs. Pro rated warrienty on shell, not near as good filtration, made to compete with leisure bay spas.
What and who to trust...maybe i'll just buy a blow up pool and wait until summer.
Is what he says true?

Hot Tub Forum

second rate spa?
« on: January 05, 2005, 11:47:10 am »

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
Re: second rate spa?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2005, 11:53:57 am »
Your dealer should bve ahamed of himself!

I do not know the Caldera warranty, but nothing I have seen or read leads me to think that it is a "second rate spa". It might not be "top of the class" but that is a whole other debate.

Your HS dealer sells great spas anb I wonder why he feels the need to knock Caldera instead of preaching the benefits of a HS?

HTM
« Last Edit: January 05, 2005, 11:55:20 am by HotTubMan »
Homeworks Financing Representative

Chris_H

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2005, 12:00:50 pm »
I think most experts would say Hotspring is better than Caldera.  Caldera is still a very high quality tub, but Hotspring has an unparalleled reputation and unfortunately Caldera does not.

Caldera does not have a pro-rated warranty on the shell.  It is a different shell than Hotspring.  Both will stand the test of time and the shell should not be part of the decision making process.  In very rare occasions does the shell go bad.

Hotspring also has better filtration, but both will keep your water clear.  I think Hotspring has better filtration because when you take out the cartridges to clean them the dirty water that falls out of the cartridges stays in that specific area because of the weir door.  That cannot be said with the Caldera.  Take out the cartridges of both brands in a tub with water and you will see what I am talking about.

I think many of the posters said this to you.  Wet test the two spas you are looking at and then make a decision.  Why haven’t you done that yet?

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2005, 12:28:35 pm »
I saw my first Hot Springs Commercial while in the Hospital waiting room yesterday. They said they were number 1, so I guess everything else is 2nd rate.  I dunno, was that Chas?

Don't tell him I didn't pay much attention as I assumed it was another Thermospa commercial at first.

Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

flajoker

• Hot Springs...Envoy
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2005, 12:31:25 pm »
I would like to time to wet test. I just don't have the time and don't think my dealer would go out of his way to let me.
Wife will not ,would not, ain't going to, can't make me, sit in a hot tub in the middle of a showroom. ;D
We are going to stay with the envoy as I have $500.00 deposit on it and I don't care to give it away. Didn't even want to get in to asking for a refund.
Not sure I'm going to like my dealer as his attitude has gone south since the "sale". Just hope the warrinty service does not.
Live and learn
They will deliver the new envoy tomorrow, electrician on Friday...tubbin by Friday night

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2005, 12:33:22 pm »
Hope all works for the best for you.  
It's a little disconcerting to hear that at this stage in the game your dealer is making you uncomfortable.
Brewman
Brewman

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2005, 01:36:46 pm »
Yes, but, HotSprings has the reputation to take care of you, no matter what!  My dealer quit selling spas a few months after I bought my Vanguard.  I have had 2 issues, but both were taken care of under warranty, by my original dealer.

About the wet test, let me tell you, my husband refused (same as your wife) to wet test with me.  I found the time by making arrangements.  Only one dealer had me in the "middle of the showroom" during business hours, and that is because I didn't care!  I was there to invest my hard earned money (and a hefty chunk) and I wanted to be dead set sure!  I'm so glad I did, because if I had made an impulse decision, I would have a spa that wouldn't be used.  I found the spa that "fit" me best.

Good luck!  They didn't have the Envoy when I was shopping!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

poolboy34

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2005, 01:40:02 pm »
I find it funny that a watkins dealer would bash a watkins made product.  If you take the warranties and look at them side by side.....they are VERY similar.  Chris H did a good job at explaining some of the differences between the tubs.  You got a great tub btw, and you will thuroughly enjoy it for years to come.

Lucas

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2005, 04:45:34 pm »
Get your money back and go try a marquis.  Probably a less expensive tub and just as well made or even better than those mentioned.  Now you all take it easy, that's just my opinion o.k.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2005, 07:14:08 pm »
Get your money back and go try a marquis.  Probably a less expensive tub and just as well made or even better than those mentioned.  Now you all take it easy, that's just my opinion o.k.

It surely is your opinion and you're entitled to one but the manner in which its given could use some work.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2005, 07:32:15 pm »
I find it odd that a watkins dealer would say something like that about a watkins product.  If you take the warranties and look at them side by side.....they are very similar.  Chris H did a good job at explaining some of the differences between the tubs.  

I happen to be of the opinion that you got a great tub, and you will enjoy it for years.

;)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

mhraracing

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2005, 07:57:52 pm »
I find it funny that a watkins dealer would bash a watkins made product.  If you take the warranties and look at them side by side.....they are VERY similar.  Chris H did a good job at explaining some of the differences between the tubs.  You got a great tub btw, and you will thuroughly enjoy it for years to come.

I agree - I would be a little leary of a dealer who would openly bash a sister product....kinda like a Chevy Truck guy bashing a GMC truck guy ???
But would agree that you bought yourself a great tub !!!
Enjoy !!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2005, 07:58:15 pm by mhraracing »
Caldera Geneva Utopia

steve771

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2005, 08:49:13 pm »
I truly hate that kind of salesmanship.  Rather than explaining the features of a supposedly superior product, someone has to tear down the other guy.  Now if you asked for such a comparison, that's fine, but I have been to too many places where that's the norm (not just in spas, but in other things as well).

Lucas

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2005, 09:02:17 pm »
Sorry Steve771, I should have put a laughing face behind that statement as I was just putting a shot out there to get someone riled up.  Guess that someone was you.  ;)

poolboy34

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2005, 10:32:04 pm »
I find it odd that a watkins dealer would say something like that about a watkins product.  If you take the warranties and look at them side by side.....they are very similar.  Chris H did a good job at explaining some of the differences between the tubs.  

I happen to be of the opinion that you got a great tub, and you will enjoy it for years.

;)

copy cat, i just said the exact same thing
:P

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2005, 10:32:04 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42