What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: best warranty  (Read 11941 times)

hoss

• Just tubbin along
best warranty
« on: December 31, 2004, 03:56:50 pm »
Well it has been a fun filled day!! I have been out looking at tubs again... I have know concluded that Artic has the best warranty bar none... 5 years parts and labour and free home service in writing.  Does it get any better!!!!  if I upgrade to the SE  I will get 10 years..Most retailers I have talked to wont match or even get close..  So what does that tell you...

Hot Tub Forum

best warranty
« on: December 31, 2004, 03:56:50 pm »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: best warranty
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2004, 04:05:16 pm »
........That Arctic spas's warranty includes 5 years parts and Labour, and free home service in writing.  And that they will upgrade to 10 years if you buy the SE.  
If you're implying that the longer warranty means higher quailty, I ain't buying your line.
Hyundai and Kia offer longer warranties on their cars than most, what does that tell you?
Brewman
« Last Edit: December 31, 2004, 04:05:39 pm by Brewman »
Brewman

hoss

• Just tubbin along
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2004, 04:09:16 pm »
I guess they must know something we don't

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2004, 04:40:16 pm »
Hoss.....

It sounds like a funky Arctic story....and that you seem out spreading the Arctic juice....5 years parts and labor seems to be industry standard for most of the more respected tubs....Marquis for example goes five years on heater no fault....motors......with no pump seal exclusion....7 years no leak....7 years on base on cabinet...and it is transferable...tell me Hoss why do Arctic posts comes in groups of 2 or 3.....consequence it is not

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2004, 04:45:52 pm »
Well, let's look at that warranty. Oops! We can't, because Arctic doesn't put it on the web site.
;)

They do offer a bit of info about it - not the whole text of the warranty like HotSpring and others, but a bit of info:
SPA SHELL (LIFETIME) :: Arctic Spas warrants the spa shell to the customer against water loss due to structural failure for as long as the customer shall own the spa.
This means that the invisible part of the spa: the fiberglass backing, is guaranteed not to leak. "Lifetime" is usually equal to seven years in a court of law. The surface - the part most likely to have a problem, and the part that would be most noticable - only has a 5 year warranty. HotSpring, (and also Tiger River) has seven.
PLUMBING (5 YEARS*) :: Arctic Spas warrants the factory installed plumbing components - specifically jets, air injectors, glued fittings, plumbing, pipes, filter canisters and hoses - against water loss due to defect in workmanship and materials, to the customer for a period of 5 years, from the original date of purchase.
Most major name-brand tubs offer this. HotSpring, (and also Tiger River) also offer five years on plumbing, parts and labor.
SHELL SURFACE (5 YEARS) :: Arctic Spas warrants the interior surface to the customer against blistering, cracking, peeling, delaminating, to the customer for 5 years from the original date of purchase.
HotSpring offers seven years on this. BTW - HotSpring doesn't use a laminated material, so it would be physically impossible for it to delaminate. Sorry, so far I don't see how you can support your statement that Arctic is the best 'bar none.'
 EQUIPMENT & COMPONENTS (5 YEARS*) :: Arctic Spas warrants the spa's equipment - specifically the spa electrical pack & control panel - against malfunction due to defects in the 5 years from the original date of purchase.
OK. But what about: Pumps? Motors? Valves? Lights? Led (if available)? Air controls? Other parts? Hmm. Sounds like they are offereing to let you send in the pack for replacement. Very nice, but not quite 'world class.' Sorry, but I'm still not real impressed.

A Legendary Warranty

Twice the Warranty! The Legend SE series is guaranteed for a full 10 years with a mechanical, plumbing and surface warranty. Parts & Labour included! No other spa can compare! And, of course the shell is guaranteed for life, as with all Arctic Spas!
So, what I'm reading here is that most of their spas only get half the warranty. Does that tell us something? They think you should pay more for the real coverage? HotSpring puts it's best warranty of all their tubs: they believe every single tub they make is that good.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2005, 12:24:21 am by Chas »
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2004, 04:46:17 pm »
My knowledge of Artic is non-existent beyond what I see here.  However, others are just as good warranty wise. My Dynasty offers a 5 year no-fault warranty. Whatever goes wrong they fix, no charges.  Now, did they outline what happens if they come to fix something and you caused the problem?  Knowing my dealer, if it was an advertant thing he would probably let me slide, at least once.

One final word, your new here to the forum and you come right in and spout the Artic as the best warranty "bar none"  don't be too upset if people question your identity, sincerity, or opinion. I've got a gut feel this board as been the topic of discussion at Artic HQ.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2004, 05:28:45 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2004, 04:54:15 pm »
By the way - Arctic uses as very unique selling system: they simply say their products are the best, and they get a lot of folks who believe it.

So, in the spirit of fun, I thought I would engage in the same thing: I would simply state a 'fact' which I firmly believe, and then it will be settled once and for all.

Ready?

HotSpring tubs are the best in the world. They have absolutely no competition. None are even close. They will fit every yard, be comfortable for every person, last forever, cost less to run than any other spa made - bar none- and they are ETL listed for safety, making them the safest spa made anywhere.

Phew - thank you for letting me do this. It was therapeutic.  
;D ;D ;D ::) ::)

PS - if you own another brand of spa, and it has been great for you, I'm sorry. After reading this you will most likely go home and burn it.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Bubbles

• Calls 'em as I sees 'em
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2004, 05:08:27 pm »
We have a local Arctic dealer that charges 65.00 for every service call whether in warranty or not.

So what does that tell you....

If hoss believes Arctic is best, I wish you well. If you really beleive what you wrote, we will pray for you.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2004, 05:25:36 pm »
By the way - Arctic uses as very unique selling system: they simply say their products are the best, and they get a lot of folks who believe it.

So, in the spirit of fun, I thought I would engage in the same thing: I would simply state a 'fact' which I firmly believe, and then it will be settled once and for all.

Ready?

HotSpring tubs are the best in the world. They have absolutely no competition. None are even close. They will fit every yard, be comfortable for every person, last forever, cost less to run than any other spa made - bar none- and they are ETL listed for safety, making them the safest spa made anywhere.

Phew - thank you for letting me do this. It was therapeutic.  
 ;D ;D ;D ::) ::)

PS - if you own another brand of spa, and it has been great for you, I'm sorry. After reading this you will most likely go home and burn it.

It's a good thing this was Chas ranting - and I'm glad it was therapeutic.

Now I have a rant - WHY DO PEOPLE PICK ON HYUNDAI

The reason for the Hyundai and Kia 10 year warranties (Kia is owned by Hyundai) is to prove that they're not the POS's they were from the 80's. It was a strategic move on their part to build confidence in their cars. Apparently the strategy is working - they are selling a lot more cars and JD Powers has them (Hyundai) at a high level of customer satisfaction.  Here's another fact - they cost $1,000's less than the competition. Compare it to a Honda or Toyota and you'll be surprised how nice it is. Compare it to a MB and I could buy 2 new ones for the price of 1 MB. And they will both get you from point A to B.

hoss

• Just tubbin along
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2004, 06:29:52 pm »
I can't believe a Canadian Tub causing so much interest,I guess the biggest problem that we all face is dealer support... As I look over  different forms it seems no matter what tub we buy... just don't buy at a box store... all depends on the dealer and what the customer me ... and my hard earned money  gets out of the tub...

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2004, 06:38:49 pm »
I can't believe a Canadian Tub causing so much interest,I guess the biggest problem that we all face is dealer support... As I look over  different forms it seems no matter what tub we buy... just don't buy at a box store... all depends on the dealer and what the customer me ... and my hard earned money  gets out of the tub...

What I can't understand is why Arctic folks travel in pac's....Not that  it is bad to hear about Arctic.....but today bam...you have what is it three or four people  all of a sudden posting....Again I say this is not consequence....And it goes back around to the same type thing as you started here Hoss.....Arctic is the best in this case you spoke about warranty and true to form when others point out how simply untrue and false your statement is you simply don't address it....I still believe you guys must get together and bow down to some sort of Arctic statue or do some kind of a chant.....
« Last Edit: December 31, 2004, 07:45:52 pm by Mendocino101 »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2004, 06:52:16 pm »

It's a good thing this was Chas ranting - and I'm glad it was therapeutic.

Now I have a rant - WHY DO PEOPLE PICK ON HYUNDAI

Well, I'm considering a Hyndai Sante Fe. You've made me feel a little better.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

rocket

• Life is good!
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2004, 07:05:39 pm »
BUY AMERICAN

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2004, 07:13:54 pm »
I just love it when Chas goes off on a tangent! ;) :P 8)

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2004, 07:54:35 pm »
hmmmmmmmmmmm, if you believe a warranty is free, I got some swamp land......... and a bridge for sale. warranty included!

Warranting any product costs the manufacturer $'s. The longer the warranty, the more cost to the manufacturer.  Sure, a longer warranty is easy to offer, just raise the price of the product to the consummer to cover the costs of honoring the warranty.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2004, 07:54:35 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42