What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Where do I bring it,my ego that is?  (Read 6935 times)

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
Re: Where do I bring it,my ego that is?
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2005, 12:44:33 pm »

My first two cars were Mustangs, a '65 and a '66.  They both had the original V-8, 289's.  I loved it when some guy in a hot rod would pull up next to me and want to race!  LOL!!!  I would beat them everytime!  Of course, they HATED being beat by a girl!!!  A short red-head at that!!!

My mustang was anything but original! Don't worry, I'll be a redhead by the time I get back from Mexico! ;)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2005, 12:44:33 pm »

huh?

• "42"
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2005, 01:29:55 pm »
Ok,Ok. I'll be honest...the CXT isn't really mine :'(

But here is some pics of my "Daily Driver"

As you can see, I have used the latest DAIT system for maximum heat retention and insulation...

The latest in Automotive Security Systems...

And of course an "Audible" alarm system to further deture thiefs.  (car in picture was repoed last month)

And no modern car is complete with out "hands-free" cellphone devises...so you can consentrate on driving of course.

I also enjoy the fact that I can use the Express lane at anytime...(thats my brother Jed in the hat)

And of course my wife...

And her car...

« Last Edit: January 03, 2005, 02:42:47 pm by huh »
¿

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2005, 06:03:02 pm »
I think the Duramax is available in the H2 now isn't it Stu? With the power programmer and a Banks exhaust/intake kit I can get 500 HP/750 ft. lbs. of torque!!!! This in a truck with an 8 foot box. Get me some 2x4's and some treated plywood, build some high sides and haul some dirt and tow the bobcat! 605 ft lbs. of torque 310 HP stock, stop me before I get all misty!

And Steve are you sure your HP is measured at the wheels? Ford is notorious for measuring at the flywheel. Look at there 6.0 powerstroke.
Retired

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2005, 06:33:49 pm »
Tman,
You have to understand that Steve is in Canada, with the exchange that comes out to about 350 HP! ;)

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2005, 06:57:19 pm »
Hardy har har Stu. Are you still here? ??? ;)

She's 380 from the factory and prior to receiving it, I've put about $7000 into it. Exhaust, mass air system, chipped and an upgraded pulley just to mention a few.

She's fun in dry conditions and there ain't too many vehicles on the road that'll touch it. Boys and their toys... ::)

Steve
« Last Edit: January 03, 2005, 07:06:34 pm by Steve »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2005, 05:28:42 am »
Ok Steve, I didn't know you made upgrades. HP ratings are one of another sales pitch that decieves alot of people. 350 HP minus a transmission equals 300, minus a drive shaft and a diff. 275, So which would you rather sell on the 350 out the tail shaft or the 275 at the axle spindles or the 265 at the rubber on the road. It seems almost all our big 3 auto makers have played and some still are playing with the numbers and not telling folks where and how they measure.

Naaaa they wouldn't do that to sell cars?
Retired

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2005, 01:20:58 pm »
I used to know horsepower--owned a '69 Road Runner "back in the day"...ahh to have that car back...

But now the only thing I know is 50 mpg...

Notice my lovely wife and daughter in the car--WARNING:  OBJECTS ARE NOT AS DARK AS THEY APPEAR--and my apologies for the edge of "Mt. Trashmore" there in the frame...the construction is now complete and the mighty Mt. is gone.  BTW, this is an official hot tub related post--the construction debris was part of the deck construction upon which our tub now rests....8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2005, 01:20:58 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42