What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: snowy snowy night  (Read 5532 times)

BBSara

snowy snowy night
« on: December 22, 2004, 07:38:07 pm »
Have had the new tub for 2 weeks now.  We got 2 inches of snow today so we will be taking our first snow soak tonight. Here in Dallas we dont get much white stuff so dont want to miss the opportunity although it will be a cold dash back to the house .
Soak on, Bob

Hot Tub Forum

snowy snowy night
« on: December 22, 2004, 07:38:07 pm »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: snowy snowy night
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2004, 03:59:20 pm »
How cold is cold to you?  The other night I was out in our spa at -5 degrees.  That's cold!
Brewman
Brewman

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2004, 04:02:19 pm »
How cold is cold to you?  The other night I was out in our spa at -5 degrees.  That's cold!
 Brewman

In other words, you don't consider it cold until your beer freezes in your hand as your drinking it and the bottle sticks to your lips? ;D

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2004, 04:54:10 pm »
Its supposed to be -5 here Christmas morning (Thats F for you Canadians) Speaking of which, was in the tub today and saw 100 Canadian geese flying south in a huge V formation.  (Better late than never I guess) I'm really enjoying that new southern horizon
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2004, 06:43:32 pm »
In other words, you don't consider it cold until your beer freezes in your hand as your drinking it and the bottle sticks to your lips? ;D

So far so good on that!  But my hand did freeze to the mag lite I brought down to the spa with me.   So when you hear that thing about sticking your tongue on a frozen flag pole, believe it.

Still freaking cold here for another day.  I think I'll try another sub zero soak tonite, if the wind is calm.
Brewman
Brewman

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2004, 10:05:03 pm »
Its supposed to be -5 here Christmas morning (Thats F for you Canadians) Speaking of which, was in the tub today and saw 100 Canadian geese flying south in a huge V formation.  (Better late than never I guess) I'm really enjoying that new southern horizon

It works better that way! It keeps you from shaking so hard you drop your flashlight!

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2004, 06:11:04 am »
It's so cold in Northern Minnesota I have to bring beer inside from the refridgerator in the garage to thaw befor I can drink it. 29 below right now. The air is sharp.
Retired

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2004, 09:31:29 am »
Got downright coooooollllllld last night: I think it may have hit the fifties. Good snugglin' weather. Should be about in the mid seventies again later today.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2004, 09:40:36 am »
 We had to move the liquid refreshments in from the garage also.  When I picked up the case of Mountain Dew, I heard this noise like shards of glass.  
I looked in the case, and a can actually froze and exploded- there were mountain dew fragments inside the box, a well as a can with the top blown off.  
The other soda wasn't frozen like that, and neither was the beer.  Sounds like starting today, it's going to start warming up for a while.
We're still looking at a brown christmas, and that's just not right.
Brewman
« Last Edit: December 24, 2004, 09:41:10 am by Brewman »
Brewman

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2004, 01:23:00 pm »
Got downright coooooollllllld last night: I think it may have hit the fifties. Good snugglin' weather. Should be about in the mid seventies again later today.

11 inches of snow and -11 degrees! Kinda makes you feel more alive! (at least you know your alive as the frostbite thaws and the spiky, tingling pain in your toes and fingers remind you!)

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2004, 01:33:41 pm »
At least you have the 11 inches of snow.  
My snowmobile sits idle in the garage.  Last year I went riding on Thanksgiving Day.

Brewman
Brewman

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2004, 01:42:40 pm »
My snowmobile sits idle in the garage.  Last year I went riding on Thanksgiving Day.

Brewman

Well we have something that resembles snow in the form of ice particles shaped like tiny ninja throwing stars propelled at your face but 40 mile an hour winds!

Oh well like they say, What ever doesn't kill you makes you wish you were dead..... ;)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2004, 10:54:41 am »
My snowmobile sits idle in the garage.
Yeah, I haven't had my jetski out for awhile either. Been a bit too warm lately. But I got a new engine - should be pretty fast. Here's a shot of the first test run:

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

xrdirthead

« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2004, 11:03:20 am »
 ???no pic ???

Tucsonjohn

« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2004, 11:32:26 am »
Being in the tub on Christmas morning at sunrise -

It does not get much better than that.

Merry Christmas everyone!

John

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2004, 11:32:26 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42