What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Grandee versus Tiger River Siberian  (Read 3344 times)

850-R

Grandee versus Tiger River Siberian
« on: December 11, 2004, 12:00:03 am »
I am really getting down to decision time and thought I wanted only the absolute "top tier" spas to be in my choices but I have read really good things about the Siberian.  How does it stack up to the Grandee??  Warranty??  Reliablity??  build quality??  

Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Grandee versus Tiger River Siberian
« on: December 11, 2004, 12:00:03 am »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Grandee versus Tiger River Siberian
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2004, 12:32:52 am »
Grandee has a few thing the Siberian doesn't have. Figure out if these are imortant to you, and then go with the one you like. Wet test. But hurry....

Here are some of the things a Grandee has that you will not find on the Siberian:
Moto Massage (two of those babies, in fact).
Soothing Seven jets.
Titanium heater (Sib is Stainless Steel, but  has the same warranty)
No-bypass filtration.
Can use the Tri-X filters (extra cost).
Color-chagning light (standard on White & Pearl).
Water feature that runs off the circ pump (so it can run with jets off).
Three colors of siding available.
Shell colors: Pearl, White, Jade and Blue. These colors are changing, so supply may be limited. Your dealer may have some of these in stock.
Main control panel on side of tub and Aux panel inside.
Grandee is 8'4 x 7'7" and 38" tall. Siberian is 7'7" square and 38" tall.
Grandee has a 6KW heater, Siberian a 4KW (this doesn't make any difference that you would notice, even in the cold).
Grandee has smaller pumps than Siberian, but the jet action is the same - you can't run as many jets at the same time.

Features the Siberian has that the Grandee doesn't have:
Flat water feature -
Two-speed pump on jet 'A' (only, not jet 'B' - this is so you can run the water feature with the jets on low. Kinda cool if you like mellow water circulation now and then also).
Lower price.
Foot massage dome.
One seat with 6 large jets (put spinners in all 6 jets and you have one of my favorite seats next to a Moto)
One seat with 18 jets - one of which is a 'Jetstream Jet,' which is like a firehose under water.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2004, 01:39:51 am by Chas »
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2004, 10:38:29 am »
Great comparison, Chas!

850-R, Siberian's are becoming very scarce, so if that's the one you decide is best for you, act fast.  Either spa will serve you well for a long, long time.  Good luck in your decision! :)

CEO
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

tvaughan

• Hot Springs Grandee Owner
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2004, 01:27:35 pm »
I am really getting down to decision time and thought I wanted only the absolute "top tier" spas to be in my choices but I have read really good things about the Siberian.  How does it stack up to the Grandee??  Warranty??  Reliablity??  build quality??  

Thanks

We were looking at the Siberian also.  It was a very nice tub.  My wife loved the foot dome. We actually had a delivery deal on the Siberian setup for 1800.00 less than the Grandee and almost settled for it.  There were a few warranty things and the 100% no bypass filtration and the 2 moto massage seats that really tipped the scale to the Grandee.  We do have a neighbor that has the Siberian and they are very happy with it.  You could not go wrong with either.  If you wet test both the choice will be easy to make.

Nhbeacon

• Still a happy Siberian owner
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2004, 07:59:18 pm »
 :)We have the Siberian, new this past August. We love the corner seats also, but love the foot dome even more. The deal for us was the price! The tub is big enough for the 5 of us at one time, but nice with just two. We do like the mellow setting for conversation and the water fall feature is just okay, more fun for the kids than anything else. Good luck with you choice. Have you had a chance to wet test both of them?
Jan
Maybe the Hokey Pokey is what's all about?

dirtrubber

• red on the head
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2004, 07:21:32 pm »
just purchased the siberian we like it alot price was the desiding factor you give up some of the features of the grandee but I was realy more confortable in the siberian     wet test

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2004, 11:31:08 am »
dirtrubber,

A hearty congratulations on your new Siberian!!!  As I stated in another post, it has always been my favorite.

I hope that you and your family will get as much enjoyment out of it as we always have.  You got a great spa!

CEO
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2004, 01:11:09 pm »
just purchased the siberian we like it alot price was the desiding factor you give up some of the features of the grandee but I was realy more confortable in the siberian     wet test

Welcome to spatopia !! May you soak long and prosper. And may the force (of your jets) be with you.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2004, 01:11:09 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42