What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hotspring Jetsetter  (Read 8787 times)

msuspartan

Hotspring Jetsetter
« on: December 09, 2004, 09:44:24 pm »
I live in Michigan and would like to purchase the Jetsetter spa. However, reading some reviews I found that the price should be around $4200. I am being quoted $4795 (my wife was quoted $4600), and I don't want to give this dealer my business. Does anyone know where to find pricing info for Hotspring spas? I also would welcome any additional information.

Hot Tub Forum

Hotspring Jetsetter
« on: December 09, 2004, 09:44:24 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Hotspring Jetsetter
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2004, 11:17:01 pm »
Pricing can vary. This is the best time of year to buy.

The Jetsetter is a good tub - small, but loaded.

Go for it.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2004, 04:04:35 am »
I live in Michigan and would like to purchase the Jetsetter spa. However, reading some reviews I found that the price should be around $4200. I am being quoted $4795 (my wife was quoted $4600), and I don't want to give this dealer my business. Does anyone know where to find pricing info for Hotspring spas? I also would welcome any additional information.

That price does not sound that far out of line, what all is included?

Why exactly do you not like the dealer?

msuspartan

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2004, 07:37:17 am »
The only problem I have, is that they have given three different "best prices". The price includes 6 months worth of supplies.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2004, 08:05:23 am »
I live in Michigan .

There is nothing that we can do about that, hopefully your no where near Ann Arbor!

Does your price include delivery and a cover Keep going back so he knows your interested, maybe with flyers from a competitor in hand. If he doesn't budge in a week or two, bite the bullet, you will be glad you did.

All kidding aside, good luck in the Rose Bowl,. beat Texas, they are short on talent this year.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2004, 08:06:25 am by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2004, 10:23:37 am »
The only problem I have, is that they have given three different "best prices". The price includes 6 months worth of supplies.

Well, I don't know if you were given these prices in writing, casual conversation or as you sat, getting a write-up. The only price that matters is the one they put on the contract. If you like the spa, go back ONCE, with plans to buy. Ask for the lowest price you were quoted, or ask for the lowest price you were quoted and then ask for some nice extra to be included or whatever. But don't waste their time and yours by just walking in and out asking for prices. We call those 'shoppers,' and you want to be a 'buyer.' That leads to being an 'owner,' and that's a very fun thing to be!!!

And if you do pay out $4500 instead of $4200 - that three hundred bucks will go up in steam with the first 'Ahhhh ' you utter as you climb into your new tub while others are still out there shopping.

I know you got the impression this spa should be $4200, but I don't sell it that low even at the year-end blowout. Sit down with your checkbook in your hand (I actually do mean this, BTW) and tell them, "I will write the check right now if you will do it at $4500 and include that HotSpring robe over there (or whatever they have that strikes your fancy)."

And be sure to check if the low price was offered on a floor model: this is the time of year when many dealers are getting ready to change to the new spas.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Chris_H

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2004, 10:28:44 am »
Anything below $5,000 for the Jetsetter is a great price.  Look at the age of the post for $4,200.  I would venture a guess that it is over a year old, probably older.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2004, 11:29:28 am »
We sell the Jetsetter for $6100 with 1 accessory.  It sounds like you're getting a heckuva deal on any of those prices.

Chris O.
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Chris_H

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2004, 11:49:39 am »
Too many Chris's on this board.  I’m confused.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2004, 12:04:21 pm »
Chris H,

Since you were here first, I will change my name to Cornbread.  I hope this helps cut down on the confusion.

Chr........er.......Cornbread O.

empolgation

• you pay what you get it for
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2004, 12:23:17 pm »
Can you make that Jalapeno Cornbread? I love that stuff!
e

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2004, 12:48:40 pm »
Si, mi amigo!  Me llamo es Jalapeno Cornbread por tu!

J. Cornbread O. :-*

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2004, 12:51:15 pm »

All kidding aside, good luck in the Rose Bowl,. beat Texas, they are short on talent this year.

Cute!   ;D :P ::) (That was meant for me, by the way!)

I would buy a jetsetter in a moment, but I bought the Vanguard!  HotSpring is a great tub!

Just curious, but what other brands did you look at or wet test?  Have you wet tested the Jetsetter?  
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

iggythewetcat

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2004, 07:40:03 pm »
I bought a jetsetter a couple of months ago and paid $5000 with the ozonator (which I suggest you get). I was quoted $4600 with out it. That was my first haggle price and I just accepted it. I’d rather not shave off every nickel and have the guy give me dirty looks every time I go in his store. If you have specific questions about the unit feel free to write me.

msuspartan

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2004, 08:18:25 pm »
Thank you for the information. I am one of those honest midwest types who also sells for a living. I don't make my customers beg for better pricing and I don't expect others to make me. However, if this is how the market works, I can play the game. It really isn't a pricing issue to me. It is an honesty issue.

As a side note, will the 110 be able to keep up with a Michigan winter?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2004, 08:18:25 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42