What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: store design dream list if you could  (Read 11544 times)

AmICrazy

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: store design dream list if you could
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2004, 10:42:19 am »
Many great points... keep them coming.! A lot of these I have already thought about... especially the wet test area and kids zone... need that even for my own who will probably be there more often than they'll wish. THe wet test area design is what I'm stuggling with... Should I just have a gazebo type setting or should I build an entire room that could hold a few tubs and have some sort of sliding door or curtains .. not sure what that could come across and close it off for more privacy. I really want a high class look and feel. I have been looKing at several stores and nothing really has been done right around my local area. I am going to Florida in Feb...I'll be checking out store there for sure. If you know anywhere I could go see let me know! PM me if you wish.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2004, 10:42:19 am »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2004, 11:41:18 am »
The mood rooms at 3 of our stores are big enough to hold 5-6 spas so that the customer can try a wide variety in private.  We just have a large curtain that separates the showroom from the mood room.  This is convenient so that I can monitor the customers (hear if they are having trouble working the spa, etc.) and not hover over them while they are enjoying their test soak.

Oh, the things I hear sometimes!  :o :o :o

Chris O.
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2004, 12:57:41 pm »
I'd love to spend some time on this, but I'm working on a proposal right now so I can't.  :-/

One thing: Get the wet test tub temp between 102 and 104.  I recently did 3 wet tests with a buddy of mine and 2 were at 98 or 99.  The Jacuzzi dealer was at 104 and encouraged him to have a long soak.  Guess what tub he bought?  His words: "NOW this is MORE like it!"

Drewski

Or maybe, even better, ask your customer what temp they would prefer it to be.  

I found that one of the dealers advanced me this courtesy, which was great, because when I wet tested at 104, I couldn't have a long soak (my first wet test of the Vanguard).  I asked that the water be set at 100-101, which is the perfect temp to me, and what I keep my tub set at all year!

This also gave me a sense that the LA spa dealer was really trying to make the wet test more comfortable for me.  In fact, I was the first customer one of her sales force had ever seen wet test!!!

Just a couple of thoughts from someone who doesn't sell tubs!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2004, 01:10:16 pm »
STORE DESIGN DREAM LIST IF I COULD?

Well if I could have anything I wanted on the floor of my new floor is would be the following items;

Chris H.
Poolboy
HotTubMan
Mendencino101
Salsdvl
spahappy
Steve
Chas
Lori

And many more of the Salespeople that post on this board! How about a spa sales "Dream Team” like that! 8)

(naw couldn't happen.....we’d kill each other!) ;)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2004, 01:37:35 pm »

Well if I could have anything I wanted on the floor of my new floor is would be the following items;

Lori

And many more of the Salespeople that post on this board! How about a spa sales "Dream Team” like that! 8)

Boy, talking about jumping up and down in her cheerleader uniform just got her a new job!
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2004, 01:57:27 pm »
I'm with Lori 100% on this one. It's the first thing I thought of when I read Drewski's post on water temps. Though I agree that 98 or 99 might be too cool for some, taking into account that these people are testing a spa inside raises concerns of the water being too hot for some.

Many families test the spas also and small children get too hot too quick at 103+ degrees as well as many adults. Lori's suggestion of asking is a good one, though I would imagine that not too many people know the difference between 101 and 104 if they haven't ever owned a spa before.

I always kept our test spa at about 100 or 101. I found that most found it comfortable and could test the spa longer without overheating.

For the record, Lori could be on my dream team anytime! :-*

I say we all quit our jobs and form a new HOT TUB SUPERSTORE encompasing the top 6 brands under one roof! We might be onto something here... ??? ;D

Steve
« Last Edit: December 10, 2004, 01:58:37 pm by Steve »

Lori

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2004, 01:58:55 pm »
Who would've thunk it?

;D

I thought you guys didn't notice little old me!   ;)

Just teasing!   ;D

Lori

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2004, 02:02:17 pm »
 :-*

Thanks Steve!  

I feel privileged to be included in the list of Stuart's, too!

I disagree with one thing, I don't think we would kill each other (well...there are those of you we would have to moderate) but I think we would have waaaaaay too much fun!!!

I can see us all on the floor laughing!

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2004, 02:04:59 pm »
I say we all quit our jobs and form a new HOT TUB SUPERSTORE encompasing the top 6 brands under one roof! We might be onto something here...

All joking aside, that aint a bad idea! How do you think companies like Watsons came about?  

AmICrazy

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2004, 02:05:16 pm »
I' m open to taking resumes. I have a great location available. Any one willing to move to beautiful Ontario... that's in Canada not California.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2004, 02:10:40 pm »
I' m open to taking resumes. I have a great location available. Any one willing to move to beautiful Ontario... that's in Canada not California.

Chas just got chills and had to put on a jacket reading somthing like that! ;) ;D

poolboy34

« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2004, 02:11:00 pm »

Chris H.
Poolboy
HotTubMan
Mendencino101
Salsdvl
spahappy
Steve
Chas
Lori

I highly doubt we'd kill each other.  We're all self motivated people.  Thanks for the compliment.  It'd be great to see all of your stores in person, and get to chat with everyone.  I definilty feel that I'd learn quite a bit.

Jason,
Store Manager for a D-1 & Caldera Dealer

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2004, 02:17:12 pm »
I say we all quit our jobs and form a new HOT TUB SUPERSTORE encompasing the top 6 brands under one roof! We might be onto something here... ??? ;D

Steve

I disagree Poolboy, we would kill eachother compiling our list of the "top 6 brands" We would all agree on 3-5 of them, it would be that final 1-3 that would tear us apart!
Homeworks Financing Representative

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2004, 02:22:13 pm »
Chas just got chills and had to put on a jacket reading somthing like that! ;) ;D

True !!

But I'm printing this thread out - I happen to be in the planning stage on three stores right now !!

We're going to try the warehouse building first in Ventura. Lots of space, no windows, should be interesting.

HotSpring has a company who will come and design the space for me, and I plan on taking advantage of that, but I will want to have a 'wish list" handy before they come.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2004, 02:50:33 pm »

Steve

Maybe we should just set up in someplace like Pheonix and just reselll someone elses' spa, put our name on it and sell it on the internet? we'd need a gimickl though.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2004, 02:51:04 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2004, 02:50:33 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42