What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Opinions on a CalSpa pitch  (Read 13767 times)

rocket

• Life is good!
Re: Opinions on a CalSpa pitch
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2004, 08:26:06 pm »
I think that Arctic and Cal should merge to Arcal or Caltic?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2004, 08:26:06 pm »

huh?

• "42"
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2004, 08:45:45 pm »
Boy!, Talk about a windy pitch.  

"This is a special Ozone system.  What that means to you is if the circ pump, check valve, hartford loop all happen to fail.  The system will continue to run with out a hitch"
¿

nelg

« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2004, 10:20:16 pm »
Believe it. Its Cal Spa. Its all smoke and mirrors but I bet its on there. Water can get in a ozone lots of ways.They are the #2 most common thing bsides the heater

Charger Fan

• Go Bolts!
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2004, 06:40:40 pm »
Hey Stuart, thanks for the clarification.  I can see that you weren't trying to cause trouble.  I just interpreted it wrong.  It's sometimes hard to tell by just reading words on a computer screen!  The P.W.S. on the Cal Spas would pull out the ozone and chemical gasses (thanks, Lori !) hoovering in the gap between the top of the water and the bottom of the cover.  This system was only on 2003 Cal Spas, however.  The system did work for the most part, but if the water level in the spa got too high or some splashing occured, then a little bit of water would go down the exhaust tubes and make a "gurgling" noise that was somewhat annoying I.M.O.  Needless to say, it seemed like a good idea but none of the 2004 or new 2005 Cal Spas have this system--probably because of the "gurgling" noise, but I'm not positive.

BTW, ozonators can get that moisture when someone using the spa presses their foot or toes right directly up against the ozone jet in the spa.  This can back up the system and send water back to the ozone unit whether the loop is there or not, and especially if the check valve has failed.

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2004, 06:57:22 pm »
BTW, ozonators can get that moisture when someone using the spa presses their foot or toes right directly up against the ozone jet in the spa.  This can back up the system and send water back to the ozone unit whether the loop is there or not, and especially if the check valve has failed.

As much as Beachcomber has remained the same over the years I find it ironic that they implemented  solution to the toes over the jet problem in 2003. Ironic, because most BEACH dealers are against ozone.

I cant seem to find a picture of it on the waterway site ???
Homeworks Financing Representative

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2004, 07:50:54 pm »
Thanks for the info but with a name like "Charger Fan" I don't want to encorage more posts from you thereby supporting that name. ;)

So again, the Quest Ozone is protected how? Does it reset itself or is it a manual reset? It would almost have to be a ground fault type system wouldn't it?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2004, 07:50:54 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42