What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis Quest or Master Spa 650 or Coleman 471  (Read 8573 times)

civicmx3

Marquis Quest or Master Spa 650 or Coleman 471
« on: November 27, 2004, 10:33:15 pm »
Ok,
We have finally narrowed our search. All of the input from everybody has been very helpful. We are looking at the:

Marquis Quest $6091 it comes with steps, cover, ozoniator and 1 year worth of chemicals.

Master Spa LS 650 $7012 it comes with cover and lifter, steps, LED light package (one 5" light that changes color)

Coleman C471 $7840 Deluxe Package  it comes with stereo, LED lights, stainless steel jet covers, ozoniator, cover and lifter, steps

Thank You so much for your input.

Hot Tub Forum

Marquis Quest or Master Spa 650 or Coleman 471
« on: November 27, 2004, 10:33:15 pm »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: Marquis Quest or Master Spa 650 or Coleman 471
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2004, 11:38:46 pm »
first let me be very upfront..I am bias...I truly like the Quest....I think it is simply a very nice spa that offers you therapy that is very flexible because of the post jetting...as it also seems to be at least a 1000.00 less than others it makes sense to me.....unless you feel one of the others is a better fit for you.....
« Last Edit: November 27, 2004, 11:39:14 pm by Mendocino101 »

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2004, 07:31:15 am »
civic,
All 3 are fine spas.  I suggest going with the one that has the best therapy for you.....you did wet test didn't you?  Wet test all 3 again with the idea that the wet test will be the final deciding factor.  I think one of the three will rise to the top for you.  The only other factor would be how you feel about the dealers.....consider that as well.  Good luck!
8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2004, 10:25:23 am »
The Quest is a pretty incredible tub! For a thousand dollars less than the other two I would have no doubts.

It's no secret that I'm not a fan of Master and have had and am still having major problems with most of them I sold but the 650 will wet test great.

I've sold, used and serviced all three. IMO, the Quest was the best of the bunch with less service less cost of operation, quieter, more comfortable seating, simple maintenance and easy of operation. The post of HK40 is an unbeatable feature for your back, knees, elbows, ankles and just about every other body part!

Let me know what part of the country your are in and I will give you what I know on the dealer.

txwillie

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2004, 02:08:57 pm »
I've had my Quest for 3 months. I love it and agree with Mendocino and Stuart.

txwillie

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2004, 02:43:56 pm »
Ok,
We have finally narrowed our search. All of the input from everybody has been very helpful. We are looking at the:

Marquis Quest $6091 it comes with steps, cover, ozoniator and 1 year worth of chemicals.

Master Spa LS 650 $7012 it comes with cover and lifter, steps, LED light package (one 5" light that changes color)

Coleman C471 $7840 Deluxe Package  it comes with stereo, LED lights, stainless steel jet covers, ozoniator, cover and lifter, steps

Thank You so much for your input.

Wow I don't know how I missed this post back in Nov. I'm sorry I must have been asleep at the wheel. You may have made your choice by now, but in case you haven't I'll talk about the Coleman C471 Deluxe

First, thats a really great price for everything in that package. The stainless steel jets and stereo are options with our store. The cover, ozone, and full chemical package are standard with every sale. Steps and cover lift depending on the situation one or the other might get thrown in.

The C471 Deluxe is our number one seller. It has 36 jets powered by 2--2 1/2 HP 2-speed pumps. In addition to having two speeds on the pumps you also have the capability to add air to increase jet pressure on either speed. This spa has two comfort collar seats with above the water neck therapy. The lounger has an awesome foot therapy dome with four jets just for your  feet. If it's a 2004 it will also have the waterfall standard.

It would be interesting to know when it was born as they had a shell change after May. The change was to deepen the larger comfort collar seat.

As with any spa your considering the best advice is to wet test the tubs and find the fit thats right for you. Good luck and let me know if I can be of any help to you.

Spahappy :D

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2004, 03:25:11 pm »
1 year worth of chemicals.

Hmm, they give you any details on this?   I'm staying out of the which is best, but this caught my eye. How do they determine what a year's worth is if they give it to you all up front, or do they let you come in as you need it and give you dirty looks when you come in for your 3rd bottle  of Dichlor that week?  ;)
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

wetone

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2004, 04:34:26 pm »

Hmm, they give you any details on this?   I'm staying out of the which is best, but this caught my eye. How do they determine what a year's worth is if they give it to you all up front, or do they let you come in as you need it and give you dirty looks when you come in for your 3rd bottle  of Dichlor that week?  ;)

We have a promo, once a year where all spa purchases include a year supply of chemicals. The way we work it is, the customer gets a card (just like a credit card) that is good for one year from date of delivery. They get all the chems during the year as needed, just show the card everytime they come in. :)

spahappy

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2004, 05:21:19 pm »
Hmm...great idea for an anniversary sale. Our store will be celebrating our 28th year in business this January.

Spahappy

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2004, 04:09:29 am »
Hmm...great idea for an anniversary sale. Our store will be celebrating our 28th year in business this January.

Spahappy

Did you guys start with pools or have you always done spas?

BTW, are you telling us that you were'nt even born when the store first opened?  ;) ;D

spahappy

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2004, 02:33:35 pm »
Did you guys start with pools or have you always done spas?

BTW, are you telling us that you were'nt even born when the store first opened?  ;) ;D

I have wrinkles older than that Stuart LOL. Not really!

My boss and another guy started out in business laying rock and installing wood fireplaces. 28 years and two stores later, we sell 5 brands of wood and gas fireplaces and stoves as well as mantels, tile, rock, brick, sauna'a, patio heaters, electric fireplaces, gazebo's and Coleman Spas.

It's a nice mix and we never really experience a slow season between the spas and fireplaces.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2004, 02:39:09 pm »

We have a promo, once a year where all spa purchases include a year supply of chemicals. The way we work it is, the customer gets a card (just like a credit card) that is good for one year from date of delivery. They get all the chems during the year as needed, just show the card everytime they come in. :)

Any safequards for them getting chemicals for thieir friends and family's tubs?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

wetone

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2004, 03:04:05 pm »

Any safequards for them getting chemicals for thieir friends and family's tubs?

None, we relay on the client's honesty, after all they trusted us and purchased their spa from us.  Todate... everybody's been on good ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2004, 03:04:05 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42