What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Education on Arctic Spas  (Read 53911 times)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Education on Arctic Spas
« Reply #75 on: December 07, 2004, 12:25:35 pm »
Ah, now you're just showin' off...  ;)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #75 on: December 07, 2004, 12:25:35 pm »

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #76 on: December 07, 2004, 12:31:31 pm »
Ah, now you're just showin' off...  ;)

Sorry, the thought of this topic being locked and not having the ability to get the last word (or one of the last words) was overwhelming! ;D

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #77 on: December 07, 2004, 12:32:43 pm »
Don't tell Bill, but you can always start a new topic. ... ;)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #78 on: December 07, 2004, 12:35:32 pm »
I also agree that the product probably has it’s merits however, I find myself picking it apart simply because of their hostile and borderline unethical style of selling.

Good thing Artic is in the title or this message, that paragraph could apply to another spa I have never personally seen  8)
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Russ

« Reply #79 on: December 07, 2004, 12:37:14 pm »
here's an idea...
save a link to this thread and the many others like this  ::) and the next time J or one of his clones come here, just send him back to the same threads. discussion would be over.  ;D

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #80 on: December 07, 2004, 12:39:04 pm »

I think we need to, after all how often do we get to see a Steve tyraid these days? (don't ya just love those! ;D)

If it drags him out of the Hydropool shadows to enlighten some poor unsuspecting fool with his unique brand of knowledge mixed with sarcasm then I'm all for it!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #81 on: December 07, 2004, 12:40:19 pm »

Any individual issues can be discussed in new threads.  :P  .

« Last Edit: December 07, 2004, 12:41:09 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #82 on: December 07, 2004, 12:48:17 pm »
Ya SEE ?!! That's why I said NOT to tell Bill - he'll try to claim credit for the idea.

;)

poolboy34

« Reply #83 on: December 07, 2004, 12:58:39 pm »
wow, I'm still amazed that there's another 14LB kitty running around in the world, and I thought mine was the only one.......and he's "slimmed" down to about 14 LBS too!!!  just wish his attitude had slimmed down with the pounds...........

Like stuart said before, NONE of us ATTACKED arctic's product or EVER said it was a BAD SPA, we all have issues with the sales and marketing techniques that come from their corporate headquarters.  Currently there are no arctic dealers near our store or in any of the surrounding markets to my knowledge, so i haven't seen one in person, or come up against them.  Looking at their website, the spas look OK and seem on par with most of the mid level spas in the marketplace.

Jason,
Store Manager for a D-1 & Caldera Dealer

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #84 on: December 07, 2004, 01:46:46 pm »
I'd like to apologize to each and every poster in this thread for planting stab one (or is it sta bone?) in order to take the heat off of Master Spas........did it work?
;D ;D ;D

(Yes, I know I still corner the "flimsy panel" market! :D)

We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #85 on: December 07, 2004, 02:38:02 pm »

I hope everyone understands my opinion here.  I just thought the thread was about to switch into Beat a dead horse mode since I thought the original poster was never coming back. I have no problem with any individual post.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2004, 02:41:25 pm by wmccall »

stabone

• Just Bring It !!
« Reply #86 on: December 07, 2004, 03:31:02 pm »
Really with 20 of you all coming at once , How can I answer that many questions, so I will try to get to some of the more pointed questions. If you guys could wait long enough before all jumping in, First of all any thermal panel tub that has insulation on the shell of it's tub will have very little heat transfer from air space to the water,  By using a fiberglass shell with NO insulation on it you don't block the heat from the water away from the air space, nor the heat from the pumps from the water. The last coleman I  saw had insulation on the shell, How can you argue that insulation will allow the same amount of heat transfer as fiberglass!!!  To that point the more heat from the pumps that can be used to help maintain water temperature with out the heater having to turn on is more efficient!! Thermal Panel Spas with insulation on the shells only use a warm air space as insulation, that is why they are not as efficient as FF, but the benefit is the serviceabilty, and that the equipment is in a insulated air space in cold temps. This makes ours more effecient, we have you in our energy test, but you don't have us in yours???
On to some materials, the thought of even comparing the jacuzzi floor to a forever floor as far as strength and stabilty goes is a joke, I sold Jacuzzi and you can stick a screw drive through that thin plastic floor and the way it is sealed does not compare, although it is one of the better floors on the market, and jacuzzi has some of the best jets out there as well, and comfortable siting tubs.
   If you are selling alunium furniture that is getting surface scratching you should look into some better manufacures that bake the external coating, I have had the same problems with the furniture in the past, like someone said ours has not been out long enough and time will tell, but do you still sell aluminum furniture? And how do you sell it against much cheaper plastic or wood furniture?  
  For the genious that was talking about barbed fittings and stainless clamps, I thought that went without saying on pipe sizes without enough surface area, on manifolds, and jets. And these high tech tools you need to get the pipe off the barbed fittings, are truly that!!(Heat Gun & Snips) WOW!!!
  On to filtering, Is a continious running circ pump and a huge filter or numerous filters all that advanced. Do you know why all circ pump filtered tubs have over sized filters, all it is for is to prolong the time between filters having to be cleaned, as you know a circ pump is caring a heavy load, and working against gravity located beneth the water,  larger filters take longer for depree to slow down water flow so to put less strain on the pump, so just because you have filter sizes rated for 10,000 gallons of water does not make the filtering better,  nor does running a circ pump all the time give you any more turn over rate, We have a 900 sp ft filter that filters down to 1 micron, while you are still using paper filters. To me both methods are adaquate, and you talk about a bigger is better sales pitch, well thats yours!! I know if I don't write I will hear it so just to let you guys know a circ pump running all the time is not the same as continious filtering, all the water is not running through the filter all the time, depending on volume there could be 6 to 8 hours of turn over time. It is a great concept but no tub has true no by pass filtering with all the pumps on high speed, so if you believe that, well its BUNK!!! I have to run friends, will talk soon!!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2004, 03:32:08 pm by stabone »

tonyp

• Soaking in a HS Envoy!
« Reply #87 on: December 07, 2004, 03:39:57 pm »
I don't see any way that the water can by-pass the filters on my HS Envoy!  Do you know of a secret by-pass?

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #88 on: December 07, 2004, 03:45:11 pm »
Ok, let it continue.

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #89 on: December 07, 2004, 03:57:23 pm »
Thanks wmccall for keeping this open.

Stabone could you please answer my questions on an outside version of you unplugged heater test.

I'm conducting some product research of my own with my Coleman spa.

I'll look forward to your answers.

Spahappy :D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #89 on: December 07, 2004, 03:57:23 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42