What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: caldera vs master spa prices  (Read 13959 times)

david

caldera vs master spa prices
« on: October 24, 2004, 12:31:28 pm »
Looked at spas yeasterday.
Caldera Utopia Geneva for 8600 with steps, cover,         chemicals

or
Master Spa Legend 800 for 8400 with steps, chemicals, no cover.
I am leaning toward Caldera with more powerful jets for my back.  Are these a good deal with end of year sales
Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

caldera vs master spa prices
« on: October 24, 2004, 12:31:28 pm »

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
Re: caldera vs master spa prices
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2004, 01:27:00 pm »
david,
Though I am a very happy Master Spas LSX owner, I suggest you take more time while shopping for a spa.  Don't cave to any of the 'year end specials' or 'today's price' that you may hear or see.  Take your time and wet test as many tubs as you can.  Though it would thrill me to no end to have another satisfied Master Spas owner posting here, I would rather see you as a completely happy spa owner who feels he made the best choice regardless of the brand.  And, BTW, I don't think you've reached the bottom price for the LS800 and any dealer who sells a tub without a cover (are you sure?) should be approached with a leery eye.........
Good luck!
8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

david

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2004, 02:02:37 pm »
I am sorry.  The spa comes with a cover but not the bar to make it easy on my wife to move the cover.  We have settled on these two spas after looking for several months.   Thanks for the response.
:)

Warkovision

• West and Wewaxsation, at Wast!
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2004, 02:40:03 pm »
Can't comment on the MasterSpa, but the Caldera price seems consistent with "sticker" price that I've seen around here in L.A. before haggling.

newtubcpl

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2004, 05:07:14 pm »
Should be able to get that 800 for around 7800-8000. Dont let a cover lifter be the deal breaker, you can get them from 100-300 bucks.

Ex neightbor just started working at Master Spas, they gearing up the 2005 line as we speak.

rocket

• Life is good!
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2004, 06:29:37 pm »
I like windsurfdogs style and advice and would encourage the same.

david

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2004, 07:53:40 pm »
Thanks for the posts.  Caldera here list on spa is over 10,000.  Sounds like price is inflated to make 8600 look good.   Wonder if I can do better?  

Decided against master spa at present as had to buy today to order 2004 in color we wanted, told us electric was 100-200 when over 300-400 for our neighbor who also had to have new spa as it leaked.  Nevertheless they are satisfied so we will take a slow approach as you all suggest.
Thanks

jmig

• caldera geneva utopia
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2004, 10:29:52 pm »
 In Connecticut I paid 7600.00 for the Geneva Utopia with steps, lifter and startup chems along with cover and delv.

newtubcpl

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2004, 06:23:56 am »
End of month is cut off for 2004 Master Spas models, and the 2005 line comes out a few weeks later. My dealer was telling a customer the same thing this weekend when I stepped in to buy extra set of filters.

salesdvl

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2004, 09:00:39 am »
David, sounds like you did well.  The only advice I would have offered is (for anyone that still may be pondering)that Watkins (owns Caldera) doesnt usually shut down production until Dec so the "gotta buy now to get the color you want" sales pitch seemed a little early. But maybe not.  As long as you feel good about your choice that is really all that matters.                 Welcome to the Spa Owners Club.
Measure once, cut twice.

poolboy34

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2004, 03:33:51 pm »
That's a really good price on a great spa David!!

wdavis1

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2004, 05:03:35 pm »
We just paid $7500 for the same Caldera in Rochester NY.  Ours is a floor model and was dicounted $500.  Got the cover, chemicals, etc., and got them to throwin a set of the wider entry steps.

david

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2004, 05:27:07 pm »
Thanks again for the responses.  Just talked to the salseman here in Missouri.
Surprising but will not change price from 8699.  This does include the GFI for the electricity which he says is 150.
I could get a scratched floor sample for 8100 but not the color my wife wants.  Can there be that much of a difference between parts of the country.  Likely just an established business with a wider profit margin?
:-/

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2004, 05:38:15 pm »
If you simply can't live with their "final" offer you could make another type of counter offer. Instead of taking $$ off the sale price, try asking if they'll give you $150 in store credit (or $200 or whatever you feel you need to be content of the deal). That's typically much more preferrable to them than taking it off the sale price and you'll need more chems/accessories anyway. If they still say no then you'll know they truly are making what they consider to be their bottom line offer.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

david

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2004, 08:38:36 pm »
It is not that I can not live with their offer.  I wanted to get the best hot tub of the two for the best price.  I am going to buy the Caldera this weekend if nothing changes before then.  I appreciate all the help and kind words.  Seems like some feel that 8699 is a reasonable deal here in the midwest despite others paying in the mid 7000's on the east coast.  I wish I could explain the difference. Maybe because the Cardinals lost to the Red Sox-LOL

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2004, 08:38:36 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42