What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Would you do it again?  (Read 7549 times)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Would you do it again?
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2004, 08:43:41 pm »
I know you didn't have the tub long before the fire, but what input can you offer on the Protech feature? Did you have it, and are you going to do so again?
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2004, 08:43:41 pm »

KC-SWO

• Waiting for my new deck, Dreaming of my BC 750
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2004, 08:55:11 am »
Yes I did have the protec feature.

The biggest difference I noticed was during wet testing.
The BC tubs with protec seems noticably quieter when running than many other tubs we tested.
A lot less motor/pump noise.  It was easy to have the tub running, the radio on and very clear, and still be able to talk without shouting while in the tub.

Especially when trying to listen to a radio when in the tub, there was really a difference.

Coming from a machine maintenance background, the protec option seemed to me to make more sense as well.

The protec feature was not specifically why I purchased a BC tub.  I would consider it to be among the things that didn't really matter THAT much.  At least not compared to the feel of the tub, the therapy experience, as well as the comforts like quiet, and adjustability.

golferm

• Tiger River Bengal Owner
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2004, 11:44:21 am »
Very interesting thread.  I don't like looking back, but to do so for a minute....

I had pined over a Hot Spring for the longest time.  I had been shopping at the Hs store since April.  Now in fall, when I finally was ready to make my purchase decision, they obviously didn't think I was serious.  Their pricing was way too high.  Even the Sovereign, which would have been a tub I would have considered was $ 10K (Canadian).  

To be fair, I was looking at used tubs as well, in the cheaper range, as I didn't know if I wanted to finance the purchase or not, so they may have felt like I wasn't sure about what I wanted to go with, but had they asked more questions, and given more answers, they may have just sold me a tub.

IN the end, I bought a Jacuzzi, which I'm extremely happy with from Jordy's Jacuzzi store.  I would very much look at Jacuzzi again, and if I could afford it, go with the 365 or 385.    The only HS that I would probably look at next would be the Grandee, as my friend has one in that beautiful pearl interior with Spaudio.  

Again, love Hot Springs, but as a consumer, there's only so much you'll pay for a name.  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2004, 11:44:21 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42