What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: I'll have to ask my manager  (Read 5824 times)

IBinit4fun

• I love this tub,... ...puts a big smile on my face
I'll have to ask my manager
« on: November 17, 2004, 01:46:35 pm »
If the phrase "I'll have to ask my manager" make you cringe, you might be a spa CUSTOMER.

Let's start some others:

If you cringe when you hear, "All warranties are about the same, except ours" you might be a spa customer.

If you cringe when you hear, "We can't fill every tub" you might be a spa customer.

If you cringe when you hear, "Full foam (or TP) is the only way to go. Brand X will try to tell you different, so beware" you might be a spa customer.

If you cringe when you hear, "Circ pumps don't make any sense. They should only be used in fish tanks." you might be a spa customer.

If you cringe when you hear, "Circ pumps are the only way to go. Why only clean your water two hours a day?" you might be a spa customer.

If you cringe when you hear, "Horsepower doesn't matter. There are many different kinds and customers are too stupid to distinguish." you might be a spa customer.

If you cringe when you hear, "Yes, we sell pool tables too" you might be a spa customer.

If you cringe when you hear, "I'll take this price to my sales manager, but he's busy right now. In the meantime, let's look at my other line...Cal Spas." you might be a spa customer.

If you cringe when you hear, "All you need is a flat place to put it and a place to plug it in" you might be a spa customer.

If you cringe when you hear, "Some are made for quality, some are made for gadgets, which do you want?" you might be a spa customer.

If you cringe when you hear, "We've got a sale coming up. Let me get my special price list." you might be a spa customer.

If you cringe when you hear, "This cover is lighter than theirs. Much easier to handle." you might be a spa customer.

If you cringe when you hear, "All cover lifts are the same. We sell this one. They're usually $149. We'll throw it in for $100." you might be a spa customer.

If you cringe when you hear, "These plastic cover locks work great. And they even have a key." you might be a spa customer.

Customers, got any more?

Dealers, don't be offended...Just another perspective on humor from us stupid customers.

Hot Tub Forum

I'll have to ask my manager
« on: November 17, 2004, 01:46:35 pm »

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
Re: I'll have to ask my manager
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2004, 02:15:53 pm »
If the phrase "I'll have to ask my manager" make you cringe, you might be a spa CUSTOMER.

Let's start some others:

If you cringe when you hear, "All warranties are about the same, except ours" you might be a spa customer.

If you cringe when you hear, "We can't fill every tub" you might be a spa customer.

If you cringe when you hear, "Full foam (or TP) is the only way to go. Brand X will try to tell you different, so beware" you might be a spa customer.

If you cringe when you hear, "Circ pumps don't make any sense. They should only be used in fish tanks." you might be a spa customer.

If you cringe when you hear, "Circ pumps are the only way to go. Why only clean your water two hours a day?" you might be a spa customer.

If you cringe when you hear, "Horsepower doesn't matter. There are many different kinds and customers are too stupid to distinguish." you might be a spa customer.

If you cringe when you hear, "Yes, we sell pool tables too" you might be a spa customer.

If you cringe when you hear, "I'll take this price to my sales manager, but he's busy right now. In the meantime, let's look at my other line...Cal Spas." you might be a spa customer.

If you cringe when you hear, "All you need is a flat place to put it and a place to plug it in" you might be a spa customer.

If you cringe when you hear, "Some are made for quality, some are made for gadgets, which do you want?" you might be a spa customer.

If you cringe when you hear, "We've got a sale coming up. Let me get my special price list." you might be a spa customer.

If you cringe when you hear, "This cover is lighter than theirs. Much easier to handle." you might be a spa customer.

If you cringe when you hear, "All cover lifts are the same. We sell this one. They're usually $149. We'll throw it in for $100." you might be a spa customer.

If you cringe when you hear, "These plastic cover locks work great. And they even have a key." you might be a spa customer.

Customers, got any more?

Dealers, don't be offended...Just another perspective on humor from us stupid customers.

I like it...up until "......us stupid customers"

Homeworks Financing Representative

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2004, 02:58:49 pm »
I Love this! Let's get an understanding though, we don't think our customers are "stupid". Without them our companies would not exist. We just find humor in some of the things that we get asked and thought we would share. It's great to have the customers perspective on the same subject. Like Jeff Foxworthy says, "Real life situations are the funniest".

poolboy34

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2004, 03:09:36 pm »
I Love this! Let's get an understanding though, we don't think our customers are "stupid". Without them our companies would not exist. We just find humor in some of the things that we get asked and thought we would share. It's great to have the customers perspective on the same subject. Like Jeff Foxworthy says, "Real life situations are the funniest".

I second that motion

Drewski

• Artesian Piper Glen since 1999 in Beachtown, USA
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2004, 03:22:07 pm »
Oh, I'll give this one a shot:

If you cringe when you hear, "REALLY, bromide is the ONLY way to go," you might be a spa customer.

If you cringe when you hear, "don't worry about that defective pump, we'll be right out to fix it," you might be a spa customer.

If you cringe when you hear, "even though you live in Saskatchewan, this spa will only cost $25 a month to operate," you might be a spa customer.

If you cringe when you hear, "for ONLY $1,500 more, our underwater music system is REALLY worth it," you might be a spa customer.

If you cringe when you hear, "REALLY, more jets just mean MORE problems," you might be a spa customer.

AND, finally, my favorite:

If you cringe when you hear, "REALLY, our Super Custom Fallsburg is the BEST spa in the world, just ask our customers," RUN, don't walk for the nearest exit!

LOL...

Drewski

:P

It's a HOT tub... anything else is just a POOL!

IBinit4fun

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2004, 05:22:20 pm »
OK, I retract the s- word.  No, Alex that's not sword...sorry an old Saturday Night Live joke about Jeopardy for those that remember.

Seriously, it was kind of an non-meaning, non-threatening, non-intentional, absent minded quip and I don't want to detract from thread participation or start contraversary. There's already plenty in some other threads. This one's for fun. Please come up with other Foxx-isms on both sides and let's have a few laughs. We'll try to keep it harmless. We all know customers are not stupid and we value our dealers. That's one of our criteria for buying.

empolgation

• you pay what you get it for
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2004, 06:42:56 pm »
Heres a few "real lifers" that I've heard...

If you cringe when you hear, "Let's face it there is no such thing as '100 percent' filtration", you might be a spa customer.

If you cringe when you hear, "All these jets are moving and adjustable not like those simpleton 'AK40' jets", you might be a spa customer.

If you cringe when you hear, "The best thing about bromine is that it works great with ozone", you might be a spa customer.

If you cringe when you hear, "Wet test? What's a 'wet test'? We don't believe in filling our tubs", you might be a spa customer.

If you cringe when you hear, "Oh wait you can't wet test now I've got a store to run", you might be a spa customer.  

If you cringe when you hear, "Woow does that thing fit in there?"[refering to a filter], you might be a spa customer.  

If you cringe when you hear, "O that one doesn't have tile in it because I ordered it thinking it would be great to let the customer pick his own tile. Do you have a specific tile that you have in mind?", you might be a spa customer.  

And my favorite...
If you cringe when you hear, "And believe me this is the real price, I'm not just giving you this price because it's the morphine talking", you might be a spa customer.  
« Last Edit: November 17, 2004, 06:51:07 pm by empolgation »
e

IBinit4fun

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2004, 08:29:56 am »
If you cringe when you hear, "REALLY, more jets just mean MORE problems," you might be a spa customer.

If you cringe when you hear, "All these jets are moving and adjustable not like those simpleton 'AK40' jets", you might be a spa customer.

Can't stop laughing!

If you cringe when you hear, "Diverters are your friend. They give you control over the whole tub and power where you want it." you might be a spa customer.

If you cringe when you hear, "Those holes are for the aroma therapy. You'll love it!" you might be a spa customer.

If you cringe when you hear, "No, chrome jets won't pit." you might be a spa customer.

If you cringe when you hear, "Yes I do own a hot tub. As a matter of fact, it's this very model and my whole family loves it." you might be a spa customer.

If you cringe when you hear, "I got a deal on this for a show and I'm willing to pass the savings along to you." you might be a spa customer.

If you cringe when you hear, "You have good taste. This is the most popular spa we sell." you might be a spa customer.

If you cringe when you hear, "This tub was rated Deal of the Century in Spa World magazine. See, it's right here next to our ad." you might be a spa customer.

Russ

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2004, 09:11:41 am »
Can I play?

If you cringe when you hear, "What other tubs are you looking at?" you might be a spa customer.

If you cringe when you hear, "They make a pretty good tub, but they don't have ____", you might be a spa customer.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2004, 12:21:07 pm »
I'm a dealer not a customer but I shocked that no one has said.

"This tub is normally $10,000 but I like you ;)and want to give you a deal. If you buy it today I'll do it for $6000. What? No we didn't mark it up that much I'm just going to sell it to you at cost!" ;)

tonyp

• Soaking in a HS Envoy!
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2004, 12:26:28 pm »
My favorite was:

"When you have decided to buy my tub, I'll be able to do a lot better on the price"  This after reducing the price on the sign by 20%.

Dr_Eclat

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2004, 01:01:22 pm »
From the local Sundance dealer:

"Sundance spas are the best"...."No you can't wet test the Cameo, but the Capri is basically the same".... The price for the Capri (2-seater) is $7400, but we have a list of factory discounts monthly." My response, "Oh, can I see the list?" Store owner reply, "come back when you're ready to buy".

From the local HotSpring dealer:

"Comparing HotSpring to Sundance is apples to oranges". "How so, I asked." "Apples and oranges", he replied. " So, you are interested in the Landmark, and would like to wet test it"? Sorry, I can't fill it, test the Sovereign, it's virtually the same".

From the local Caldera dealer:

"$8799 for the Paradise Geneva is our absolute rock bottom price". I left and went home. Two days later I received a phone call from the same guy. He said "The factory is giving us a special discount on the Geneva this week only and I can sell it to you for $8299".

From a local independent repair tech I called for information, "Do not buy a spa from the local HotSpring, Sundance or Caldera dealers, they are "p***ks to deal with and are very late in paying me for warranty repairs."

Hmmmmmmmm

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2004, 03:14:14 pm »
How about this one

"Because we don't have the high overhead of a showroom, service department, warehouse or employees I can save you a lot of money buying from me out of my garage and the big stores can't compete!"

(we have someone here that advertises this way!)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2004, 03:24:14 pm »
From a local independent repair tech I called for information, "Do not buy a spa from the local HotSpring, Sundance or Caldera dealers, they are "p***ks to deal with and are very late in paying me for warranty repairs."

Hmmmmmmmm

Wow! What a nice guy!

I had a local repair guy who for years would say he hated HotSpring. I hadn't asked him why, but I finally did. I found out it was because he didn't manke any money off of them because in his experience they just keep on working. He actually was trying to complement our tubs, but he never finished his statment. I always wondered if customers called him asking for  info and got the same thing...

We have some spa techs here in town with eqyally bad 'people skills.'  I know exactly why they're self-emplyoed.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2004, 04:29:29 pm »
Pardon me for asking, since I'm not a dealer or anything, but I've heard that when you guys do warranty work you don't get reimbursed like you do when you bill your customers.  Maybe more on a break even basis than a revenue generating basis?  

That being the case, why would an independent tech do warranty service?

Or am I missing something (entirely in the realm of possibility)?

Brewman
Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2004, 04:29:29 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42