What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack  (Read 5664 times)

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack
« on: November 15, 2004, 11:25:25 am »
7 beautiful days in Vegas..... NO, not playing, working the trade show......... barely had time to eat, much less play. Got to meet some of the bbs regulars....... MAN! You think you have a picture of someone in your head, and then meet them? Only one person came close to what I imagined ;D .......... the others were.... better? yeah, RIGHT!

Did I miss anything?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2004, 11:26:52 am by lets »
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Hot Tub Forum

I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack
« on: November 15, 2004, 11:25:25 am »

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
Re: I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2004, 11:32:02 am »
Yes Dr. you did. There was a new member. His name was Mr.HappyisJim . He made some crude remarks while Mr.McCall was on a long lunch. Our moderator had a little deleting to do.

What was that TV show with the vigilante named McCall? Was it Equalizer or something like that? Oh this is gonna klill me till I remember.

HTM
Homeworks Financing Representative

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2004, 12:14:37 pm »
Well that goes both ways! Although Spatech had you, Chas and I already pegged well.

on Nov 9th, 2004, 12:03pm, Spatech t.u.o. wrote:See ya'll there.  
I don't know what guys like Doc, Chas and Stuart look like but I figure if I see 3 guys who resemble George Clooney, Pierce Brosnan and Mel Gibson standing around talking about spas I'll know its them.

His accuracy is amazing considering he's never seen us! ;) ;D

I was great talking to you... Sorry I kept running off, I just know too many people in this industry. I never did get through the whole show, by the time I talked to everyone I knew it was time to go!

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2004, 12:15:26 pm »
There was a McCall (sp?) in the TV show Hunter. She was a sweetie! Is that the one you're thinking of?

Steve

spaguyohio

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2004, 12:50:03 pm »
Yes there was an English speaking gentleman named McCall on the Equalizer. Found his small ads in newspapers, etc. Ex CIA guy if I remember the story line right.

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2004, 12:52:50 pm »
Yes there was an English speaking gentleman named McCall on the Equalizer. Found his small ads in newspapers, etc. Ex CIA guy if I remember the story line right.

Yup! Thats it. I was trying to work that into the moderator thing. ie He "equalized" our unwelcome member.
Homeworks Financing Representative

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2004, 12:55:47 pm »
7 beautiful days in Vegas..... NO, not playing, working the trade show......... barely had time to eat, much less play. Got to meet some of the bbs regulars....... MAN! You think you have a picture of someone in your head, and then meet them? Only one person came close to what I imagined ;D .......... the others were.... better? yeah, RIGHT!

I hope I had my toupee on straight!

220, 221, whatever it takes!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2004, 01:43:49 pm »

Is this what you were thinking of?

http://www.thrillingdetective.com/eyes/equalizer.html
« Last Edit: November 15, 2004, 01:45:29 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2004, 01:46:18 pm »
Well Andy,

I must say I'm a bit dissapointed. I figured you would take your laptop along and upload a daily report with pictures. There must have been some wireless you could jump onto - or broadband in the hotel??

Didja have copies of the recent letter from Ideal with you in the booth??

Just wonderin'..
;)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2004, 02:16:08 pm »
"I must say I'm a bit dissapointed."

I'm just exausted.

" I figured you would take your laptop along and upload a daily report with pictures."

No got one of those

" There must have been some wireless you could jump onto - or broadband in the hotel??"

Yup, $19.95 a day to use it....... besides, I REALLY didn't have time. I gopt a few pics of our booth if you'd like to see what you MISSED.

"Didja have copies of the recent letter from Ideal with you in the booth??"

Nope, but found it sitting on my desk this morning..... spit up coffee all over it when I got to the bottom of page two.......  :o :o :o unfortunatly I don't know how much the increase actually is.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2004, 02:34:41 pm »
Yes Dr. you did. There was a new member. His name was Mr.HappyisJim . He made some crude remarks while Mr.McCall was on a long lunch. Our moderator had a little deleting to do.

What was that TV show with the vigilante named McCall? Was it Equalizer or something like that? Oh this is gonna klill me till I remember.

HTM

AWWW and I missed all of this action. BTWE congratulations on your new responsibilities McCall. Ulitmate member and green stars to boot.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2004, 02:35:39 pm by doodoo »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2004, 03:56:00 pm »
Sorry, Doc, I just got that pic in an email message as I was reading the title of this thread.  I'll go order some stuff.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2004, 05:29:35 pm »
Ok DOC....you must share who was it that looked like you thought they would....

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2004, 06:35:03 pm »
Ok DOC....you must share who was it that looked like you thought they would....

Well I don't know about Doc but there is a certin guy in california I met that I'm still tramatized by what he looked like! ;)

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2004, 09:11:32 pm »
Well I don't know about Doc but there is a certin guy in california I met that I'm still tramatized by what he looked like! ;)

lol...Yes I have heard of him....a scary thought indeed....

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2004, 09:11:32 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42