What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: sundance's Sunscents  (Read 7428 times)

MaryM

• Proud new owner of an Optima
sundance's Sunscents
« on: November 13, 2004, 03:49:50 pm »
How does it work? Does leaving it in reduce its life? Or is it better to put in each time?

Thanks,
Mary

Hot Tub Forum

sundance's Sunscents
« on: November 13, 2004, 03:49:50 pm »

ttodd1

• Life is so much better in my Cameo
Re: sundance's Sunscents
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2004, 04:17:47 pm »
I don't use the sunscents, but the ones I use do deplete over time.  I leave them in unless I want to change the mood.  You put them in the aromatherapy chamber and when you use the airblower you get the smells.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2004, 04:19:05 pm by ttodd1 »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2004, 05:06:19 pm »
As an alternative, try some of the liquid fragrances available. There are many - your dealer may have some, and others are available on line.

Start with about a quarter ounce - just put it in the water, run the jets for a momoent and there you are. They are great if you like to soak quietly since the blower/jets don't have to be on.

Be sure you get fragrances made for spas. They don't usually do anything to pH, TA, and they don't usually add oils or other bad things to the tubs.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

ttodd1

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2004, 07:54:53 pm »
Chas, I tried some and they just didn't really do much.  Do you have any recommendations?

salesdvl

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2004, 11:29:46 pm »
We carry a product called Proteam Gentle Spa.
It's a powder and customers love it.  It's more of a fresh talcom smell rather than "fruity".
Measure once, cut twice.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2004, 12:39:53 am »
We sell the "Being" line from Baqua. They cost a buck more for a smaller bottle, but they are made from natural essences. They claim to be legitimately called "aroma therapy."  They are very popular in one of our stores, and they rot on the shelf in our other store - point being that not all noses agree.

Insparation is another brand of smell we sell, and they make about thirty fragrances. They don't claim to be about any kind of therapy, and they have some fragrances which are down-right overpowering. Our customers who live downwind of the stockyards love those...

They sell little one-oz. samples, so you can give several scents a whirl before you settle on one you like. Be warned: for some reason they work far better in a HotSpring spa.  (Kidding...)

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

MaryM

• Proud new owner of an Optima
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2004, 07:03:55 am »
So when I am not in the tub the blower is not on, so it will *not* be depleted?

Thanks,
Mary

I don't use the sunscents, but the ones I use do deplete over time.  I leave them in unless I want to change the mood.  You put them in the aromatherapy chamber and when you use the airblower you get the smells.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2004, 07:45:16 am »
We've had a few tubes of these things since we bought our spa.  Kept in the little tube, they seem to keep their fragrance.  Stored in the air chamber, they probably loose a bit of scent as time passes.  
None of it really makes any difference, since when we do use the blower with those beads, I can hardly smell anything anyway.  In my opinion, those beads are innefective.  I've heard good things about the Spazazz
crystals.  I think that's their name.
Brewman
Brewman

ttodd1

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2004, 08:41:00 am »
These are the ones I use.  The vanillia one seems to be the most powerful I've had yet.  Very soothing to me.  And Brewman is correct, they will still deplete even if the blower is not in use just not as fast.  Heck just them sitting around will make them loose their smell, nothing last forever.  Doc sells these on his site too and cheaper than the HS dealer I got the first ones from.  I didn't get/use the Sunscents because of alot of comments of how they really didn't seem to do anything. But of course YMMV.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2004, 08:41:28 am by ttodd1 »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2004, 08:41:00 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42