What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Looking for some help with my 1st spa purchase.  (Read 3131 times)

ebba

• Water dissolving..... and water removing.....
Looking for some help with my 1st spa purchase.
« on: November 03, 2004, 10:17:42 pm »
So, I've been searching for my first spa.  I've visited the three dealers that are closest to my home and this is what I've come up with.  One dealer sells Sundance and Sweetwater.  I looked at the Cameo and the Palermo.  I couldn't wet test the Palermo, but I really liked the way it was laid out and the way it felt.  The only stumbling blocks I could see were the shorter 3 year equipment warranty and the fact that the jets did not feel as solid as the ones on the Sundance.  (I'm going to try and wet test it this weekend at one of their other stores)  I did wet test the Cameo and I liked the jets, etc.  but I found it difficult to move around in.  I have young children and think that more flat surfaces might be helpful.  The next dealer sells Hotspring and Tiger River.  I wet tested the Grandee and liked it very much, but I'd prefer not to spend that much.  I also sat in the Sovereign and Vanguard, but the Sovereign seemed a little small and the seats in the Vanguard seemed to sit very erect.  There was no water in either of these tubs, so I'm not sure that I should rule them out.  The next dealer sells Dimension One.  I didn't wet test any, but I did like the feel of the Nautilus, which like the Grandee is more than I wanted to spend.  I also liked the Sojourn HP and the Dream HP, more in my price range, but again only a 3 year equipment warranty.  Of all the spas I looked at, I liked the Sweetwater Palermo the best.  I was told that it had the same build quality as the Sudance, but without all the "bells and whistles".  I'm looking for some guidance and suggestions to help me in my search.  Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
ebba

Hot Tub Forum

Looking for some help with my 1st spa purchase.
« on: November 03, 2004, 10:17:42 pm »

rocket

• Life is good!
Re: Looking for some help with my 1st spa purchase
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2004, 10:31:16 pm »
ebba,

Be encouraged, you're considering 3 good brands.  Getting to here is half the battle.

Most dealers have some negotiating ability.  Look back on this forum and one of the posters posted good advice
on how to negotiate for a spa.

You are wet testing, this is wise.  Choose the one that fits your needs best and then begin the negotiationg process.  Just remember, value is better than cheaper.

Rocket

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2004, 07:55:56 am »
Dont' let the warranty difference sway you too much.  
Sweetwater should have the same build quailty as Sundance.  You are essentially passing up a couple years warranty coverage (not a really huge risk in my opinion), for a lower up front cost.  

Sundance and Sweetwater have different components in some cases.  You can compare the specs at the Sundance and Sweetwater web sites if you want.

We have the Sundance Optima, which has the large foot dome.  Having those foot jets more than makes up for having that large dome.  We don't have any problems moving around in the spa, and neither do our kids.  At the very least you can just slide around the seats.

Keep wet testing, you are certainly on the right track.
Brewman
Brewman

salesdvl

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2004, 08:20:44 am »
I agree.  You are going about the process correctly.  I also agree that you shouldnt stress alot about the 3 yr warranty on the one you like best.  
Measure once, cut twice.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2004, 08:20:44 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42