What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Dimension One Question for Dealers.  (Read 18224 times)

Top_Cat

MyRe: Dimension One Question for Dealers.
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2004, 12:27:12 pm »
My 2003 Diplomats had the dynamic sequencer in the corner seat. I guess D1 has dropped this option. Could it be because of their repeated failures? Nah.

Hot Tub Forum

MyRe: Dimension One Question for Dealers.
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2004, 12:27:12 pm »

salesdvl

Re: Dimension One Question for Dealers.
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2004, 12:29:07 pm »
Are you an old "Dog Dish" warrior too? Actually your probably younger.....we used baseball bats before that!

"Dog Dish"  yup.  I've been selling HS off & on since '89 or so ( off & on meaning going away to clooge / military etc.. so I missed out on the ivory Rovel.  I have an 89 sov with a tip top. My 4 yr old twins love it cuz they can get up on the spa and dance. ( and dad doesnt freak out )
Measure once, cut twice.

salesdvl

« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2004, 12:37:12 pm »
Sue, I carried D-1 for a while and didnt have any major problems.  I think the sequencer was/is an awesome feature.  To sit in front of it was amazing.

"The opinions expressed here are not neccessarily those expressed by the management... and any descriptions of accounts without the expressed written permission of the Chicago National League ballclub are prohibited."  

(batteries not included )
Measure once, cut twice.

suzieq

« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2004, 12:58:08 pm »
Thanks guys.

I realize that when one reads these posts they put their own "tone of voice" into what they are reading and I didn't think anyone was trying to argue with me. I really like the D-1 seating and the Jet positions.

And yes the warranty is one of the best, if not the best, in the industry.

Thanks for your help.

suzieq

Re: MyRe: Dimension One Question for Dealers.
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2004, 12:59:31 pm »
My 2003 Diplomats had the dynamic sequencer in the corner seat. I guess D1 has dropped this option. Could it be because of their repeated failures? Nah.

It's pretty amazing how "we" as humans get so defensive when someone says something we don't agree with.

Really not needed.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2004, 01:03:56 pm »
Thanks guys.

I realize that when one reads these posts they put their own "tone of voice" into what they are reading and I didn't think anyone was trying to argue with me. I really like the D-1 seating and the Jet positions.

And yes the warranty is one of the best, if not the best, in the industry.

Thanks for your help.

Hey let us know how it goes! BTW, I really don't look like Tom Cruise.....sorry....... 8)

suzieq

« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2004, 01:05:53 pm »

Hey let us know how it goes! BTW, I really don't look like Tom Cruise.....sorry....... 8)

Darn, and I was gonna ask for your phone number !!

LOL   ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: October 29, 2004, 01:06:28 pm by suzieq »

poolboy34

« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2004, 01:50:03 pm »
Topcat,

I don't know what D-1 spas you were selling in 2003, but the ones we sold the diplomat did not have a DMS in the corner seat.  The DMS is available ONLY in the lounges of the Chairman II & Triad II, and previously in the Aurora XLT (which was discontinued after 2002).  It is also available in the Bay Series spas.  Please, we don't mind educated criticism and opinions on this board, but please don't make false statements as it makes all of us in the industry look bad.

Jason,
Store manager for a D-1 and Caldera Spas Dealer

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2004, 02:36:48 pm »
Topcat,

I don't know what D-1 spas you were selling in 2003, but the ones we sold the diplomat did not have a DMS in the corner seat.  The DMS is available ONLY in the lounges of the Chairman II & Triad II, and previously in the Aurora XLT (which was discontinued after 2002).  It is also available in the Bay Series spas.  Please, we don't mind educated criticism and opinions on this board, but please don't make false statements as it makes all of us in the industry look bad.

Jason,
Store manager for a D-1 and Caldera Spas Dealer

Applause
Homeworks Financing Representative

Charger Fan

• Go Bolts!
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2004, 03:30:56 pm »
Ditto.  I'm a D-1 dealer and owner of a Sarena Bay in my own backyard.  Absolutely love my DMS (2 of them in the Sarena Bay) and my white Ultralife shell.  I, too, thought I might prefer a colored shell, but boy am I glad I went with the Ultralife.  Clean water looks so nice and inviting in the white shell, and at night I can make my spa whatever color I want with the LED lighting--red, green, blue, purple, etc.  Diplomats with DMS?  Not in our stores!  Side note--we are also a Cal Spa dealer and have never had an ounce of trouble getting a cracked or blistered spa replaced or repaired under warranty in 15+ years.  The freight to and from the factory was not included though.  Usually no more than $400 total cost for us to pick up the spa, shipping to and from the factory, and redelivery of new spa.  Very reasonable I think.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2004, 06:10:46 pm »
Hi...

That is good to hear about Cal Spas....after carrying them for 15 years....Enjoy The D-1 thats in YOUR yard.... ;)

rocket

• Life is good!
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2004, 08:01:17 pm »
Suzieq,
I'm a Marquis dealer but have a great deal of respect for the D-1 spas.  We also sell a white shell material that I have had at home for 3 years and cleanliness is a non-issue.

Concerning the cost of the ultralife white material compared to colored shells is simply this:  D-1 sells more of the ultralife.  They have done this for many years and overtime, due to that business relationship, and the quantity they purchase, it cost them less so they can offer a better price.  

Yorag

• Big Cal Spas Fan
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2004, 12:48:39 am »
Yes, my 7 year old Cal Spa has a 10 year warranty on the shell which now has about 13 blisters in it. Cal Spa is giving me a major run around concerning the repair. These people have the worst customer relations of any company I have ever dealt with.
Although my warranty specifically states they are to repair the spa at my home with a "Factory Authorized Sevice Agent", they are expecting me to have the spa disconnected, craned out of my yard and trucked to them (minimum $1,000 cost) for "inspection". No guarantee that they can or will repair it, just inspect it. I think we all know what the outcome of this inspection will be. I would then have to pay to get it shipped back and reinstalled (another $1,000) probably unrepaired.

This is the most absurd thing I have ever heard of.
If they had a lick of sense, wouldn't it make more sense to just send a tech. out to look at it? Perhaps that is just too complex for their little customer service minds.

For more Cal Spa  horror, read my previous post "Take My Cal Spa...please".

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2004, 12:48:39 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42