What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: need help asap  (Read 12166 times)

Chris_H

Re: need help asap
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2004, 02:28:45 pm »
Poolboy,

Call it childish if you please, but I try to make sure my posts are accurate.  I was merely defending my original post, which was correct except for the cabinet warranty.  Unfortunately, I was incorrect in stating the warranty for the cabinet was one year.

Stating the warranty is not biased, opinionated, or badmouthing a product.  It is stating facts about the product.

Chris H

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2004, 02:28:45 pm »

salesdvl

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2004, 03:08:12 pm »
I thought the "childish" comment was directed at me.  To which I would say that I think that things here get way too serious at times.  I enjoy helping those that truly are asking questions and are seeking our advice.  However, I think that injecting humor is never a bad thing.  Humor is something that is missing in alot of todays business world.  Being funny and professional are not mutually exclusive.    So Nahhhhhhhhhhhh   :P

Crap, I tripped while I was getting down from my soapbox.....
« Last Edit: October 28, 2004, 03:09:57 pm by salesdvl »
Measure once, cut twice.

golferm

• Tiger River Bengal Owner
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2004, 04:02:40 pm »
Mark35:

Unfortunately, you are completely wrong.  Since I hate when people tell me that I am incorrect, lets break down the Jacuzzi Premium warranty.

It specifically states in your warranty in the “Equipment and Controls” section the items that are included in the 5-year warranty.  Those items are “specifically the pumps, heater, air blower and control systems are warranted against malfunctions due to defects in workmanship or materials for five years from the original date of purchase.”  

This DOES NOT include the jets or cabinet.  Those items have a separate warranty.

It specifically states in your warranty in the “Plumbing Components” section that your spa is warranted against leaks due to defects in workmanship or materials for five years from the original date of purchase.  

This would include the glue, the pvc piping, and all fittings.  This DOES NOT include your jets or your cabinet.  As stated before, those items have a separate warranty.

It also says in the second sentence in the “Plumbing Components”section that “The light lenses, fuses, headrests, CABINET FINISH and filter are warranted to be free of defects in workmanship and materials at the time of delivery.”  

Your cabinet has a warranty at the time of delivery.  Not even one year.  I guess I was wrong on that one.

It also says in the third sentence in the “Plumbing Components” section that  “All other factory-installed components not mentioned SPECIFICALLY are warranted against malfunction due to defects in workmanship and materials for one year from the original date of purchase.”  

This would include your jets.  They would have a one-year warranty.  

Also, do you think you need another copy of the warranty?  I am sure I can get one for you.

Have a great day!

Chris H

Chris, ok, grand puba of hot tubs, you're right.  Does that make you feel better ?  By the way, if you're a dealer, I'm the guy that never came back to your store becuase of your arrogance about your own brand of tub.  

If you're an individual, get a life.  Why do you need to go through other manufacturers warranties.

empolgation

• you pay what you get it for
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2004, 04:10:56 pm »
so lizzie, any closer to making the decision on which tub to buy this weekend?

You've choosen two reputable, quality brands of tubs - ultimately the answer can only come from your personal preferences. Don't forget to consider how you feel about each dealer, often times that can play a big part in the decision.
e

Chris_H

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2004, 05:02:01 pm »
“Chris, ok, grand puba of hot tubs, you're right.  Does that make you feel better?”

It does make me feel better.  Thanks for asking.  

“If you're an individual, get a life.”

I have both a little dealer and individual in me, but I still have no life.  Look to your left it says I am an ultimate member.  Ultimate members have no life.

“Why do you need to go through other manufacturers warranties.”

I read the warranties to inform the consumer on them because most don’t understand the language in them.  Many, if not most, consumers believe a 5-year component warranty to mean every component and unfortunately most manufacturers don’t include every component.  I am just trying to show the differences.  Ever read a Cal Spa warranty?  It has more holes than the drain on the bottom of a Hotspring spa.

“By the way, if you're a dealer, I'm the guy that never came back to your store because of your arrogance about your own brand of tub.”

This and my second response were designed to be arrogant.  I do try my hardest for every sale, but sometimes you just can’t get them all. I sell the most technologically advanced spa on the market, it is at least 10 years ahead of those full foam spas made in California.  It is too bad you aren’t a proud Haven owner like myself.

In closing, sorry Lizzie for getting this thread off course.

Chris H

salesdvl

« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2004, 05:19:27 pm »
Chris, I aspire to be an Ultimate member and have no life.  You are an inspiration to all of us that at one time or another have been called "arrogant".

If my butler were here I would have him tip my hat to you.   Good show ole' boy.   8)
Measure once, cut twice.

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2004, 05:21:32 pm »
ChrisH;

I light of your comments here, I find it ironic that you are an Ultimate Member and..

"I just figured this personal text thing out..."

Priceless

:) ;) :D ;D
Homeworks Financing Representative

Canuck

« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2004, 05:51:50 pm »
Lizzie

We looked for about a year and narrowed it down to Hot Springs, Jacuzzi, Sundance, and Beachcomber.  

All are great hot tubs but after our wet tests we were sold on the Jacuzzi J385.

We have now had it for 6 great months.  Our family of five loves it and our friends say it is the nicest hot tub they have ever been in.

The one thing that we did not like about the Hot Springs was that you could not have all the jets going at the same time.

Go with your gut and be careful of dealers selling their products on this and other forums.

If I would have listened to the likes of Chris H, I would have been scared off of Jacuzzi.  Chris is a dealer and it is very evident that he is not as helpfull as a guy named Steve that can be found on this forum.  He too does not sell Jacuzzi but I found his posts very accurate and helpfull.  Fortunately I looked into it for my self and my wife and I made our own informed decision.  

Both are great tubs and good luck with your decision.

lizzie

« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2004, 08:30:09 am »
leaning towards the hot springs prodigy, actually put money down, but still not sure. need a few brews tor margiraitta's to decide

ebirrane

• HS Grandee Owner; Hot Tub Geek
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2004, 09:57:24 am »
yes, Jacuzzi owns Sundance and Sweetwater, but from my experience, Jacuzzi offers great value for the money.  

Hey Mark35,

There is alot os misconception around this. I'll do some research to find out.  When we all say "Jacuzzi" most of us mean "Jacuzzi Premium" who make hot tubs (built out of Sundance's factory, I believe).  Sundance and Jacuzzi Premium are both owned by Jacuzzi, but Jacuzzi Premium does *not* own Sundance.

Popular wisdom says that Sundance is the higher-end tubs and Jacuzzi premium is the lower-end.

I have read on some places that the Home Depot spas are Jacuzzi Premium spas - the Gatsby model.  

Not alot of facts in there, but it is probably worth the time to research it.

As for the waterfall:

On the jacuzzi **I** looked it it sure as heck looked flimsy to me.  Notice how the one in the picture is perfectly straight, level with the tub?  The one in the dealer was angled down towards the water more, probably the result of someone resting elbows on it or someone (stupidly) using it as support when shifting about.

As for tubs, the Prodigy is a smaller tub. The Jacuzzi 345 is a larger tub. You would expect a price difference.  Remember though that many items that influence your decision don't revolve around size (filtration, quality, warranty, dealer, wet test result).

I would also look at the Hot Springs Sovereign.  My brother-in-law just got a sovereign from our Hot Springs dealer and it is a great spa.  At the last family gathering we have 5 of the aunts in it and it was a hoot.

-Ed

ebirrane

• HS Grandee Owner; Hot Tub Geek
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2004, 09:58:53 am »
The one thing that we did not like about the Hot Springs was that you could not have all the jets going at the same time.

Hold on there Canuck,

That is just patentedly untrue.  Watch it as this is a customer who wet tests and can easily go back to the dealer and expose such fraud.

-Ed

golferm

• Tiger River Bengal Owner
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2004, 10:51:52 am »
Firstly, these are all opinions based on actual experience with the tubs that I've owned (unfortunately, 3 too many)  As I'm now on tub #4, I figure I have a little bit of experience with them.

Ed, with regards to the waterfall, obviously I hope you're wrong.  In my 345 last night, I tugged on the waterfall pretty good, and it didn't seem to be going anywhere.  

Canuck, I also wet tested the 385, even though it was out of my price range.  What an amazing tub.  I would put that up against almost anything.  

Again, I'll say like I have in other posts.   In my market, Hot Spring is pricing themselves out of the market.  They are charging upwards of $ 16K (reportedly) for a Grandee !!  I believe the 385 in Canada is only $ 12K.  I'm sorry it's not a $ 4K better tub.  

As for the prodigy.  Yes, I think that Hot Springs filtration is quite excellent, as are the jets.  For me, I'm  6'1", so  I need a deeper tub with a deep footwell to feel comfortable, so the Prodigy wasn't it for me, and that was the only tub in my price range from HS.  

Again, these are all opinions after a ton of shopping (Just ask my wife), wet tests, and actual tub ownership of a Hot Spot, HS Classic, Beachcomber 530 and now Jacuzzi J-345.  

As for the true tale of who owns what with regards to Jacuzzi, I don't really know.  All I know is Sundance, Jacuzzi and Sweetwater are pretty solid tubs, as are Hot Springs and Tiger River.  

YMMV

Mark

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2004, 10:55:51 am »
“  Ultimate members have no life.

I qenuinely disagree. :)
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2004, 11:36:27 am »
Jacuzzi Premium was created by Sundance who builds them and is wholly owned by Jacuzzi Brands Inc.  They are different from the original Jacuzzi Spas built by Jacuzzi Whirlpool Baths and discontinued in 2002.

Sundance, and I would imagine JP also, includes the jet bodies in the plumbing components.  The jets themselves, many of which are removable, are only warranted for two years (or less with JP and SW).  They are relatively easy and not expensive to replace.

salesdvl

« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2004, 11:37:54 am »

Hold on there Canuck,

That is just patentedly untrue.  Watch it as this is a customer who wet tests and can easily go back to the dealer and expose such fraud.

-Ed

Actually on the Prodigy you cannot run every jet at the same time unless you put the diverter in a middle position which makes a tremendous amount of noise and at no point in the owners manual is this listed as a "position" as it is not designed to do that.

I hope your "patently wrong"  is only "patent pending"   ;)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2004, 11:38:46 am by salesdvl »
Measure once, cut twice.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2004, 11:37:54 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42