What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: sales/dealers  (Read 5460 times)

rocket

• Life is good!
sales/dealers
« on: October 23, 2004, 09:13:08 pm »
I have had a little slower October than past years

I'm wondering how traffic and sales have been out there for the rest  of you?

Thanks,

Rocket

Hot Tub Forum

sales/dealers
« on: October 23, 2004, 09:13:08 pm »

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
Re: sales/dealers
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2004, 09:21:29 pm »
:o S T E L L A R ! :o  ;D  8)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2004, 11:03:53 pm by stuart »

salesdvl

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2004, 10:36:11 pm »
a little slower.
Measure once, cut twice.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2004, 11:46:38 pm »
Most of the people I know in business (mostly outside of the spa industry) have all commented on how unusually slow it's been for about the last month and a half.

For me, well, I have to get in the same boat as stuart  :) , but we've also been working hard on expansion. I'm figuring it'll all get back to "normal" about Noverber 3rd  ;D
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2004, 12:20:50 am »
Most of the people I know in business (mostly outside of the spa industry) have all commented on how unusually slow it's been for about the last month and a half.

For me, well, I have to get in the same boat as stuart  :) , but we've also been working hard on expansion. I'm figuring it'll all get back to "normal" about Noverber 3rd  ;D

HA!:DHA!:DHA!:D Your doing the show November 9th and you call that "Getting back to normal"? You are da man!!

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2004, 01:30:27 am »
Actually, I was thinking about buisiness in general :-)

Me? I figure by Wednesday this week things will be back to normal...... That's my deadline for getting EVERYTHING off to the printer and finishing adds for the yearly Aqua and Pool and Spa News buyers guides.......

Then, all I have to do is build the booth and finish the three hot tubs for the show, pack it all up, and spend 12 hours driving to Vegas for a weeks vacation  ::)

Can I expect to see ya there ( #748 )  ...... Dinners on me *gulp* Anyone else care to join us? (Ask Chas, Roberts Hot Tubs feeds em well!)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2004, 01:31:39 am by lets »
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2004, 06:08:30 am »
Yes, I will vouch for that: Robert is a gentleman, scholar and a fine judge of good restaurants.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2004, 11:54:12 am »
Slower than normal year/month here too. We have had a lot of extra factors this year. After 7 years of deaing Beachcomber, we switched. We also had major construction near by that confused alot of our customers/potential customers on how to get to us.

HotTubMan
Homeworks Financing Representative

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2004, 12:01:33 pm »
My spa sales are up over last October, but that has been the case most months this year. I make a personal goal for myself and the store every year, as of last week we've reached the goals we set for the year!!!
My store also sells fireplaces, stoves, patio heators, grills, rock, tile, and brick. We have quite a bit of traffic this time of the year. There's always a percentage of fireplace traffic that turns into spa traffic. It's all good!!!

Spahappy  
« Last Edit: October 24, 2004, 12:02:50 pm by spahappy »

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2004, 12:51:03 pm »
Actually, I was thinking about buisiness in general :-)

Me? I figure by Wednesday this week things will be back to normal...... That's my deadline for getting EVERYTHING off to the printer and finishing adds for the yearly Aqua and Pool and Spa News buyers guides.......

Then, all I have to do is build the booth and finish the three hot tubs for the show, pack it all up, and spend 12 hours driving to Vegas for a weeks vacation  ::)

Can I expect to see ya there ( #748 )  ...... Dinners on me *gulp* Anyone else care to join us? (Ask Chas, Roberts Hot Tubs feeds em well!)

I'm there! I'll get in on the 8th! ;D

Cgar

• Havanas and hot tubs... a match made in heaven.
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2004, 02:34:49 pm »
I'm looking forward to my first Aqua Show this year.  I'm newly registered here, but have been lurking and learning for a while now.  Is everyone planning to attend the industry celebration at the House of Blues on the Tuesday night?

Oh, and to keep on topic... things have been a bit slower than expected around here as well.

huh?

• "42"
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2004, 02:48:53 pm »
Begining of the month started with a bang.  Fizzled down a bit this past week.
¿

rocket

• Life is good!
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2004, 06:35:42 pm »
Thanks for the info.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2004, 07:23:43 pm by rocket »

poolboy34

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2004, 03:36:11 pm »
We've been about the same this month compared to last year, on a whole we are up from last year.

Jason,
Store Manager for a D-1 & Caldera Dealer

PPOL

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2004, 03:43:54 pm »
Very Slow at the begining of the month, but has picked up the last two weeks.  Got a big Caldera Niagara Utopia out the door last week...

Maybe its the damn election coming up that's got people at home instead of buying tubs?? :-/

Neil O'Donovan
Phoenix Park Outdoor Living
Wilmington, NC

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2004, 03:43:54 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42