What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Reasonable Deal??  (Read 6403 times)

NightOne

Reasonable Deal??
« on: October 05, 2004, 07:00:00 pm »
Hi! I'm new hear and have been lurking here for the past couple of days. I've read a lot of messages and have really got some good advice. However, I just broke all the advice and put a deposit on a tub today after only really looking for a couple of days. Hell, I just got the idea on Friday night when I stumbled in a FIM store and they showed us a Dynasty Poseidon tub. I then went to one Hot Springs dealer Monday and today I went to another HS dealer that is close to my work. Sealed a deal I though was pretty decent and wanted to get a little feedback to see if this a fair deal.

Hot Springs Grandee - Pearl
Cover
Cover Lift II
Stairs
Hand Rail
Ozonator
Silver ION package & some other filtration package??
GE 50 Amp Electric Box for the outside
Chlorine chemical supply kit (supposedly $250+ worth)
Delivered

$7999

This is in the Chicagoland Area

Reasonable??

Also, I was quoted $1800 for the Spaudio at the 1st dealer, but this guy said $1500 originally but went to $1200 and is still checking to see if he can sell it to me lower (if I want it) - Still debating on the Spaudio,.

Hot Tub Forum

Reasonable Deal??
« on: October 05, 2004, 07:00:00 pm »

autoplay

Re: Reasonable Deal??
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2004, 07:39:46 pm »
The price sounds more than reasonable for the spa,esp since you live in/near a big city. In Sarasota FL,if I recall,2 years ago it was priced at 8400 bucks. That was prior to negotiating.

My opinion,the spa-audio is a bells and whistles attachment. If you have surplus money,I would buy it. If you're budget minded,I would suggest going with some deck speakers.

Hot-Springs is very customer orientated,and you can't go wrong with purchasing from them. GL

TimC

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2004, 07:59:24 pm »
hmmm, sounds too good to be true.

Just paid 7799 for the vanguard

Hot Springs Vanguard- Pearl
Cover
Cover Lift II (add for +150)
Stairs
Hand Rail (added for +119)
Ozonator (not included)
Silver ION package & some other filtration package??  (not included)
Chlorine chemical supply kit (supposedly $250+ worth) (BaquaSpa)
Delivered

You inked a great deal!

newtotubbing

• Lovin' my Vista
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2004, 08:02:19 pm »
Based on what I paid for a Vista, that sounds like a great deal.    I think it is clearance time so the prices are coming down a bit.

Lucky you!

Jonathan

tonyp

• Soaking in a HS Envoy!
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2004, 08:25:52 pm »
That's a great deal!  Slightly more than I paid for the HS Envoy with a similar package.

NightOne

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2004, 09:47:03 pm »
My opinion,the spa-audio is a bells and whistles attachment. If you have surplus money,I would buy it. If you're budget minded,I would suggest going with some deck speakers.

Hot-Springs is very customer orientated,and you can't go wrong with purchasing from them. GL

I"m thinking about getting it if he comes in at $1000. (As ridiculous as that sounds!) I watched the video on Hot Springs website about Spaudio as well as heard it at the 1st dealer I went to and really think it it is cool except for the price. However, I have to admit that having some music in the spa would only add to the relaxtion experience. Sure I could buy a little mini-shelf system or boom box a hell of lot cheaper (or even wire an outdoor system), but I would have to design it to deal with snow, rain, wind, and etc. Also, I'm curious as to know how the music "feels" in the spa.

Anyone here have Spaudio??

Thanks

Carl

NightOne

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2004, 09:56:43 pm »
hmmm, sounds too good to be true.

Just paid 7799 for the vanguard

Hot Springs Vanguard- Pearl
Cover
Cover Lift II (add for +150)
Stairs
Hand Rail (added for +119)
Ozonator (not included)
Silver ION package & some other filtration package??  (not included)
Chlorine chemical supply kit (supposedly $250+ worth) (BaquaSpa)
Delivered

You inked a great deal!

My co-worker went with me a lunch and helped me strike a deal. (even though I was just going to look again) He has a Grandee he bought from the same company (different location) about 5 years ago. So actually they gave him a $50 referral bonus and me too for a grand total of $7949.

Funny thing is, we were there for about 30-40 minutes and there was only one salesman working the floor at the time. He was talking with a couple who were looking at a lot of different Spas ( they sold Artesian Spas also) and never had any time for us. My co-worker was giving me a full demo on a Vista, Grandee, and Envoy. Finally a new salesman showed up and it took all of 5 minutes to strike a deal. Hope the other guy was able to make a deal with the couple as those guys work on commission.

I can post the store/company if anyone has interest.  They also had some deals on floor models, but I bought new in box since I am delivering next year.

Tucsonjohn

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2004, 10:21:38 pm »
Sundance Altamar -

Cover -
EZ Lift Cover
Steps
Chemical Start Up Kit
Delivery
Setup
220 Electrical Hookup
Tax

6700 total price out the door.  

TJ

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2004, 11:48:08 am »
Hi! ... Sealed a deal I though was pretty decent and wanted to get a little feedback to see if this a fair deal.

Hot Springs Grandee - Pearl
Cover
Cover Lift II
Stairs
Hand Rail
Ozonator
Silver ION package & some other filtration package??
Chlorine chemical supply kit (supposedly $250+ worth)
Delivered

$7999

This is in the Chicagoland Area

Reasonable??
Yes, this seems like a good price. I don't know what your local dealers are selling for, but that would be a great price here in SoCal.

Also, I was quoted $1800 for the Spaudio at the 1st dealer, but this guy said $1500 originally but went to $1200 and is still checking to see if he can sell it to me lower (if I want it) - Still debating on the Spaudio,.
I sell it for $1495, and will take off a couple hundred if we put together a group of accessory items. We sell quite a few of them - I have one on my Vista at home.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

tazman

• don't test the depth of a stream with both feet!
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2004, 12:55:44 pm »
I have a question, does the HotSpring Spa Audio system include a stereo for that price or is it similar to the Marquis transducer system with floating remote and repeater? My guess would be for $1200 to $1500 you got a stereo in that also…..

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2004, 01:30:21 pm »
I have a question, does the HotSpring Spa Audio system include a stereo for that price or is it similar to the Marquis transducer system with floating remote and repeater? My guess would be for $1200 to $1500 you got a stereo in that also…..

Spaudio comes with two transducers which mount to the backside of the shell. It also includes a huge power amp, capable of over 300 watts per channel - this amp is specifically designed for this particular job, and has all the sealed components and oversized cooling fins that are needed to live a long life in the motor compartment of a HotSpring spa.

Finally, it comes with a CD/MP3 player (with AM/FM stereo receiver built in) which goes into a water resistant box that plugs into a recepticle on the outside of the tub. This box is large enough to accomodate most any CD/MP3 player that you may have - or you can use any device with a line output -  such as an Ipod, Napster, Palm Pilot, even a cassette play if you still have one of those. You can also leave off the black box and direct-wire a line-level  input from your home system or other system.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

tazman

• don't test the depth of a stream with both feet!
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2004, 02:19:35 pm »
Now that sounds a whole lot more reasonable than I was thinking for the price! I was thinking that the Marquis system with 2 transducers, cable, floating remote and repeater in the $800 to $900 range was similar for the same price but it does sound like your including some extra components.

Thanks Chas

bodguy

• Hot Spring Vista owner
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2004, 05:49:55 pm »
Great deal on that spa!

My Vista was $8399
Including
Copper Color
Cover
Lifter
Everwood Steps
Chemicals
Illuminessance Lighting
Delivery setup and tax

Simply an outstanding spa!!

rocket

• Life is good!
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2004, 07:17:18 pm »
You got a great deal and I know the dealer in the Chicago area, he'll take of you when needs arise.

NightOne

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2004, 12:33:53 pm »

Spaudio comes with two transducers which mount to the backside of the shell. It also includes a huge power amp, capable of over 300 watts per channel - this amp is specifically designed for this particular job, and has all the sealed components and oversized cooling fins that are needed to live a long life in the motor compartment of a HotSpring spa.

Finally, it comes with a CD/MP3 player (with AM/FM stereo receiver built in) which goes into a water resistant box that plugs into a recepticle on the outside of the tub. This box is large enough to accomodate most any CD/MP3 player that you may have - or you can use any device with a line output -  such as an Ipod, Napster, Palm Pilot, even a cassette play if you still have one of those. You can also leave off the black box and direct-wire a line-level  input from your home system or other system.

Took another trip to the HS dealer so that I could show the wife the tub. This time I asked the sales guy to crank the spaudio up and go through the different tone settings. I don't know if we got it turned up all the way before I told him it was loud enough. It definitely cranks. I only stuck my arm in the water to feels the water and the side of the tub and you could definitely feel it.

One question I forgot to ask him was what powers the CD/MP3 player that goes in the little box on side. I don't see any AC type connection. Is it only batteries?

Also, I forgot to ask him to tune in some FM stations, so I don't even know where and how that is done.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2004, 12:33:53 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42