What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Crafty Watkins  (Read 3764 times)

PPOL

Crafty Watkins
« on: October 06, 2004, 02:43:23 pm »
Check this out...

http://hotspot.hotspring.com/Showroom/spa_model_sorrento.html

and then look at:

http://www.calderaspas.com/Spa_Showroom_Hot_Tubs/showroom_cumberland.html

See any difference?   :o Look the same to me with some minor differences.  Especially the weight.  Glad the local HotSpring dealer doesnt carry hotspot, customers would REALLY be confused then!

Enjoy!

Neil "Keepin ma pimp hand strong" O'Donovan
Phoenix Park Outdoor Living
Wilmington, NC

Hot Tub Forum

Crafty Watkins
« on: October 06, 2004, 02:43:23 pm »

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
Re: Crafty Watkins
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2004, 02:51:51 pm »
Your right! That is the same tub. Good job Watkins
Homeworks Financing Representative

tazman

• don't test the depth of a stream with both feet!
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2004, 02:58:09 pm »
I would be interested in the price differance!?

PPOL

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2004, 03:11:04 pm »
We sell the Caldera Highland Cumberland for $4895 + tax includes Cover, Electrical Subpanel, Free Delivery, Spa chemical startup kit.

tazman

• don't test the depth of a stream with both feet!
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2004, 03:19:15 pm »

My question was what difference they charge the dealers between the two brands. I'm not looking for wholesale price just whether or not there is a disparity between the two names for essentially the same spa.

I would also encourage posting a range rather than a set price on your models on these forums as some dealers are not able to sell at the same price due to shipping, labor cost and other variables and it seems difficult to get many customers to understand this so they try to hold everyone to the price they saw posted.

Thanks again for the info.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2004, 03:23:00 pm by tazman »

NightOne

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2004, 06:47:47 pm »
Check this out...

http://hotspot.hotspring.com/Showroom/spa_model_sorrento.html

and then look at:

http://www.calderaspas.com/Spa_Showroom_Hot_Tubs/showroom_cumberland.html

See any difference?   :o Look the same to me with some minor differences.  Especially the weight.  Glad the local HotSpring dealer doesnt carry hotspot, customers would REALLY be confused then!

Enjoy!

Neil "Keepin ma pimp hand strong" O'Donovan
Phoenix Park Outdoor Living
Wilmington, NC

Only the control panel looks different. (shape) Could be slightly different electronics/controls.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2004, 10:33:04 am »
Yup. Same spa.

They are supposed to go out the door for less than $5000 for the big one, all the way down to $3000 for the smallest/simplest. I have talked to many dealers who try to price them as they would their other lines -be it HotSpring or Caldera - and they don't have the features to support those prices.

They are fine, basic tubs: the big one has two jet pumps, full insulation, an acrylic/fiberglass shell, wood our plastic exterior, two colors, Gecko controls, no diverters, and the bottoms are sealed with a heavy sheet of plastic protected by pt lumber.

I would say these would be a good option to consider over a big-box tub - and you'll have the backing of a HotSpring dealer.

These pics are not to scale - the biggest tub is 7x7 and the smallest one is 5'10" x 6'8"

7'x7'                                                                                                       6'6"x6'6"                                                                        5'10" x 6'8"
« Last Edit: October 07, 2004, 10:40:35 am by Chas »
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2004, 12:01:06 pm »
My question was what difference they charge the dealers between the two brands. I'm not looking for wholesale price just whether or not there is a disparity between the two names for essentially the same spa.

I would also encourage posting a range rather than a set price on your models on these forums as some dealers are not able to sell at the same price due to shipping, labor cost and other variables and it seems difficult to get many customers to understand this so they try to hold everyone to the price they saw posted.

Thanks again for the info.

It would be nice for dealers, I doubt the consumers would appreciate it as much, especially Dazed & Confused. Where is he anyway? Does he have a tub yet?
Homeworks Financing Representative

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2004, 12:01:06 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42