What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Springs or Master Spa  (Read 9185 times)

Scott183

Hot Springs or Master Spa
« on: March 20, 2021, 08:51:35 am »
Newbie to the forum and looking for unbiased help with purchase of new tub. Yesterday I went to Master Spa in Chattanooga Tn and wet tested a master spa twilight 7.2. I did like the lounger but was not blown away by the experience as I thought I would be. I am a retired Georgia State Trooper and have bulged discs so this will be for therapeutic purchase. Considered after that test on going up to the Michael Phelps Legend LSX 700 or 800 for more jets. Hot Springs best top of the line highlife series only has between 35 and 43 jets where the master spa legend has between 62 and 70.  PLEASE HELP.... what is the deal with so many jets. Does it may the experience better or for that matter worse. I am looking for unbiased assistance before I spend my money.

Thanks,
Scott

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Springs or Master Spa
« on: March 20, 2021, 08:51:35 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Hot Springs or Master Spa
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2021, 01:59:27 pm »
Welcome to the forum.  My preference between the two is the Hot Springs.  I've been in both, though I've owned Dynasty and Sundance over the past 17 years.   My only negative with Masterspa  was its marketing department and how they did business.  But I'll be the first to admit that is a very old bias on my part.     Back when I bought my first spa in 2003, the Master Dealer was around the longest in our town so I went there first.  The people there were just started feeling the pinch of how Master treated them and they treated me very badly, so I walked out.   

I guess I'll summarize, there are lots of owners of both here, have your comfort with your local dealer be one criteria in  your decision.

PS -number of jets can be misleading/ or it can be of value, this is why we in this forum have always talked up wet testing.  I still stand by that, but in what I hope is the end of this pandemic, I'll bet less dealers offer than use to. (pure speculation on my part)     If you can wet test both, do so.   I do believe it is still a buyer's market, so don't be afraid to tell them you will come back.    When they see you a second time, you have moved up on their radar.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 02:02:08 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

ejj

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2021, 03:07:58 pm »
Your spa will need repairs over the life of the unit. Consider who you are getting into business with carefully.

We went to the Minneapolis Master dealer and thought the tubs were nice. The salespeople were pushy to the point where my family wanted to escape.

We ended up buying a Jacuzzi tub, which cost a bit more than the Master. For several reasons—they offered us a decent price, good extras, and we liked the dealer experience.

I thought the Hot Springs was a very attractive unit. Great contemporary design, etc.  It was  about 1k more than the comparable Jacuzzi offer, so we went with the more affordable option.

Number of jets means very little—size and type of jets and pumps is the key.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2021, 03:47:16 pm »
Your spa will need repairs over the life of the unit. Consider who you are getting into business with carefully.

We went to the Minneapolis Master dealer and thought the tubs were nice. The salespeople were pushy to the point where my family wanted to escape.

We ended up buying a Jacuzzi tub, which cost a bit more than the Master. For several reasons—they offered us a decent price, good extras, and we liked the dealer experience.

I thought the Hot Springs was a very attractive unit. Great contemporary design, etc.  It was  about 1k more than the comparable Jacuzzi offer, so we went with the more affordable option.

Did Tom or Bryce take care of you over there? glad you went that route instead of Master Spa...

and to answer OP, go Hot Springs imo, better build quality, stronger warranty, better backing from Watkins Manufacturing to assure you get warranty parts in a timely manner, etc.

ejj

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2021, 07:50:50 am »

Did Tom or Bryce take care of you over there? glad you went that route instead of Master Spa...

and to answer OP, go Hot Springs imo, better build quality, stronger warranty, better backing from Watkins Manufacturing to assure you get warranty parts in a timely manner, etc.

Indeed Bryce set us up with a J245. Your products/experience were our other fav.

Scott183

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2021, 10:02:35 am »
After wet testing the master spa Friday and the the hot springs yesterday, we decided on the hot springs envoy. Like many others have stated, no comparison with the feel of the jet therapy. I now understand that it is not how many jets a tub has but the kind and placement of them that counts. Not sure how to post a picture; however, we went with the walnut cabinet and Tuscan sun inside. Can wait to get it in late May.

Scott183

Picture of our new tub
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2021, 10:29:53 am »
IMG_1469.PNG
I hope this will allow people to see what we went with. 2021 Hot Springs Envoy.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2021, 01:40:41 pm »
After wet testing the master spa Friday and the the hot springs yesterday, we decided on the hot springs envoy. Like many others have stated, no comparison with the feel of the jet therapy. I now understand that it is not how many jets a tub has but the kind and placement of them that counts. Not sure how to post a picture; however, we went with the walnut cabinet and Tuscan sun inside. Can wait to get it in late May.

Pumps move water, some more than others, plumbing distributes water, some better than others. Put the two together along with some engineering and you have a Hot Springs.. Put it together without engineering and you have a Master Spa. Two much water pressure is bad. To little water pressure is bad. Engineering makes it just right.
Retired

alexaben

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2021, 04:25:11 am »
Welcome to the discussion. My inclination between the two is the Hot Springs. I've been in both, however I've claimed Dynasty and Sundance in the course of recent years. My lone negative with Masterspa was its advertising division and how they worked together. Yet, I'll be the first to concede that is an old predisposition on my part.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2021, 04:25:11 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42