What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: American Whirlpool Opinions  (Read 8387 times)

wcmorris

Re: American Whirlpool Opinions
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2021, 09:48:57 am »
My wife and I often like to just soak quietly enjoying a morning coffee or evening drink while we watch the birds and critters around the yard.  Other times we watch TV or listen to music.  With no jets running and no noise.  But when it's cold we need the heater running to maintain the temperature while we're soaking.  That requires a circulation pump.  The one we had on our last hot tub was silent.

Without a circ pump, in colder weather the jet pump(s) will have to run frequently to hold the set temperature.  They won't hold it as steady, and they will use more energy doing it.  A circulation pump also reduces wear on the jet pumps and motors from stopping and starting many times per day.  And you get more filtration.

I do have to flip the breaker when cleaning filters, but that's on the wall next to the tub about 5-6' away.  Couldn't be easier.

Regarding Bullfrog, I definitely consider the full foam, composite frame, ABS bottom, and circ pump to be beneficial features in a location with cold, snowy winters.  We almost purchased an A8 last year, but decided we wanted something bigger.

Thanks. I went to the dealer yesterday with the intention of ordering a Bullfrog but I wasn't particularly impressed with the A7L. The lighting is lackluster and my wife didn't love the jetpacks. She thought it was more of a gimmick and wanted something more traditional. The dealer also sell Hot Spring and they had an Envoy on display.  We really liked it and it checked all of the boxes for us so we put a deposit on it. Now we just need to get through the many months wait until it arrives!

Hot Tub Forum

Re: American Whirlpool Opinions
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2021, 09:48:57 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42