What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Are small hot tubs just a bad idea?  (Read 2439 times)

bigshotbantam

Are small hot tubs just a bad idea?
« on: October 25, 2020, 12:00:13 pm »
Looking at hot tubs for only 2 users, working on figuring out myraid options etc., and product cost seems really similar in smaller (2-3 person) and larger tubs. Which makes sense I guess. Materials aren't probably as big of an investment as labor, shipping, etc.

There seem to be way more options larger tubs though - like 5-6 person ish.

What is your experience?  If space is not a factor, are buyers going to get better bang for their buck by going where the competition is?  Or am I shooting myself in the foot by looking at a smaller category?

Hot Tub Forum

Are small hot tubs just a bad idea?
« on: October 25, 2020, 12:00:13 pm »

BullFrogSpasMN

Re: Are small hot tubs just a bad idea?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2020, 05:38:09 pm »
personally speaking I ALWAYS would go bigger unless I absolutely had no other choice I personally would never buy one of those small 2-4 person spas....I love having as much space as possible to stretch out/float/hit different parts of my body with different jets/etc.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2020, 11:05:58 am »
Looking at hot tubs for only 2 users, working on figuring out myraid options etc., and product cost seems really similar in smaller (2-3 person) and larger tubs. Which makes sense I guess. Materials aren't probably as big of an investment as labor, shipping, etc.

There seem to be way more options larger tubs though - like 5-6 person ish.

What is your experience?  If space is not a factor, are buyers going to get better bang for their buck by going where the competition is?  Or am I shooting myself in the foot by looking at a smaller category?

I've seen people make the comment "I wish I'd gone bigger" while others will comment "I got bigger than I needed".

The complaint that they went too small is more of a problem while the issue that they got bigger than needed is more of a reflection but isn't really an ongoing issue typically.

I'd suggest you figure out what you need and then go slightly bigger.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

A.O.

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2020, 06:27:59 pm »
I'm not real sure why you might want a smaller one. We also have only 2 users, me and the wife... BUT... sometimes we do have company.. Christmas and the kids come home or whatever and its nice to all sit out there if we want to, if we had a 2 person tub, that would not be an option. Anything you can do in a small tub you can do in the large one but the reverse is not true.
In fact our last hot tub just got cooked by a lightning strike, it was an 84"x84" 5-6 person model.. and we just ordered a 93"x93" 7 person model to replace it! Not that much more expensive to buy or run so we thought why not.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2020, 06:27:59 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42