What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Nordic Impulse DP vs Crown II vs Retreat MS? And ozone? And prices?  (Read 3406 times)

betsbillabong

Hi all,
I have settled on buying a Nordic hot tub and need to order within the next few days to get it by February (otherwise looking at summer).

How did you decide between round and square?

Should I spring for ozone? Looking for the easiest and most nontoxic routine available.

Also, can anyone knowledgeable about Nordic tell me whether the Crown II is worth an additional $500 over the Impulse DP? I like an occasional hard jet on my back, but otherwise am pretty okay with basic jets.

Finally, does $6000 plus tax sound reasonable for the Impulse DP with cedar skirt, steps, delivery?

Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Nordic Impulse DP vs Crown II vs Retreat MS? And ozone? And prices?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2020, 10:18:59 am »
While I think the price is a bit high even considering the crazy lead times in the hot tub market I think Nordic makes a very solid tub.  With Cedar Upgrade, steps and delivery we sell those for around $5000 but if you ordered that tub from me today I wouldn't have it until 2022 (I don't have any cedar cabinet tubs on order).  I do think the Crown II is worth the $500 upgrade.  Bigger pump and more jets.  Impulse is a more basic model.  Either tub will have the whirlpool jet that is fairly strong but the Crown with bigger pump will give you that hard jet action on back if you shut the other seats off. 

betsbillabong

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2020, 12:55:15 pm »
Thank you, @hottubguy. Very helpful. I think I will go for the Crown. I guess it's worth some money for me to have it by February 2021 rather than 2022.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2020, 05:20:09 pm »
Your thinking is sound there. I’m being very upfront with people. I have a ton of Tubs on order with a few different manufacturers and the ones that can wait a bit longer are getting better prices. The people that want right away are Paying more for tubs. The other thing that comes into play on prices are where you are in country (affects shipping rates) and how big of a order your dealer does at once. When I order from Nordic I bring in full trucks so better pricing and cheaper freight costs per unit. I’m in the Northeast so getting one tub shipped is more then double the freight per tub if I order a truck at once. Good luck and enjoy the new tub.

betsbillabong

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2020, 06:14:54 pm »
QUICK UPDATE:

I am now thinking that it will be much simpler for me to build steps/surround, etc with a square tub (but please correct me if I'm wrong!)

I was quoted $6400 for a Jubilee MS but I think I would like the openness of the Escape a bit better. Elsewhere I read that the jets protruded into one's back with the Escape -- is this the case, and is it different on different tubs? That is definitely something that would bother me.

Also, I am most interested in jets that I can slouch down to put on my neck. Will they all be located as high on all these models? And will the jet pressure be enough with the MS?

Finally, should the Escape and the Jubilee be comparably priced? I was quoted $6000 for the Retreat, $6400 for the Jubilee, and $6500 for the Crown II. Those are all pre-tax with delivery, steps, lifter and chemicals.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2020, 09:34:54 pm »
Will be easier. I would personally not go with escape. The jets you can feel almost digging into your back when they aren’t on. Jubilee the jets are recessed so you don’t feel them. I would opt for a SE as the MS is just not powerful at all. If looking at MS stick to the retreat. The bigger tubs don’t really move the water that great

betsbillabong

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2020, 11:23:59 pm »
@hottubguy, thank you so much for your quick reply!

In looking at the pictures on the Nordic website, it looks like some of the seats (the main seats) on the Escape https://www.nordichottubs.com/escape-ms/ have recessed jets while a couple of others (the middle seats) do not, and that all of the seats on the Jubilee https://www.nordichottubs.com/jubilee-ms/have recessed jets. Is this what you're referring to?

Or do you mean that all of the jets on the Escape stick out, that the jets are nowhere recessed enough?

I will mostly be using this alone, but will also have friends over sometimes. It's not a dealkiller for the extra seats to be a little uncomfortable, though it's something to thick about, a tradeoff. But if all of the jets on the Escape are uncomfortable, that's a problem.

Ugh, I really love the open seating of the Escape though. It seems like the closest thing to a round tub in a square box. Decisions!

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2020, 11:44:07 pm »
On the MS version of the Escape you should be ok. It’s only two of the seats with the protruding jets and I think on that model it’s only 1-2 jets in those seats. I was
Thinking more the LS package

betsbillabong

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2020, 06:22:21 pm »
Thank you so much! Tub ordered :-)

My friends can suck it up if I have a party. It will be just me 80% of the time!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2020, 06:22:21 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42