What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: LED lighting system-the last to know  (Read 3872 times)

zacman

LED lighting system-the last to know
« on: September 23, 2004, 10:32:49 pm »
OK - at the risk of looking foolish, but with the hope that I might help someone like me - I will share this:

We have had the spa only a week.  An Optima with the sunglow light system.  When we used the spa the lights would change from color to color to color. . .   I thought that they should have designed the light so that you could stop it at one particular light - to prevent the rotation.  Didn't think you could do this - and the manual says nothing about this ability.  But I decided to play around with it - and once when I kept the light switch depressed for a while I seemed to be able to lock it on one color, tried again and could not do anything but turn it off. Now I am able to play with it and fix one color at at time. but not sure exactly how I am doing it, but only know now that it is possible..  So if anyone else out there thought, as I did, that you were stuck with only rotating lights, not so.

Hot Tub Forum

LED lighting system-the last to know
« on: September 23, 2004, 10:32:49 pm »

ttodd1

• Life is so much better in my Cameo
Re: LED lighting system-the last to know
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2004, 10:37:55 pm »
If you turn the light on then off and back on within (I think) 3 seconds the light will go to the next program.  The lights change color slowly and the next is a little faster, and so on and so on til it gets to what I call a disco light that almost makes me sick to watch.  Somewhere in there is also the solid of each color.  As long as when you turn off the light you wait 5 seconds or more the light will use the same program as before.

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2004, 10:43:24 pm »
Zac,
Here's part of the instructions for the ColorGlo LED light I have in my tub.  I would think yours would operate similarly.

Lighting Mode Sequence:
• White
• Spectrum Slow Dance - slow fades cycling
through the color spectrum
• Sunburst - yellow and orange glow
• Blue
• Red
• Green
• Magenta - pink, blue, red glow
• Tidal Fade - slow fade through shades of blue
and green
• Afterburner Fade - slow fade through shades of
red, orange, yellow, pink, purple
• Color Burst - strobe effect change through the
color spectrum

Choosing Lighting Modes:
The ColorGlo™ Multi-Color Spa Light comes preprogrammed with 10 exciting lighting modes.
• To advance to the next lighting mode, switch the
unit off and then on again within five seconds
• To resume a lighting mode, leave the unit
switched off to store the last lighting mode displayed
in memory. That same lighting mode will
display the next time the unit is switched on.
8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2004, 07:36:48 am »
Sounds like you didn't get your sunglow instruction sheet from your dealer.  The light operates similar to what Windsurfdog says, but I dont' think there are as many single mode colors as he lists.  
If you can't get an instruction sheet, let me know and I'll send you a copy of mine.  Or maybe you can download one at Sundance's website.  
Brewman
« Last Edit: September 24, 2004, 07:39:36 am by Brewman »
Brewman

saz

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2004, 08:20:24 am »
 The lights change color slowly and the next is a little faster, and so on and so on til it gets to what I call a disco light that almost makes me sick to watch.  

I can totally agree with this.........if you're in the tub, and had maybe a little too much of the old sauce(!!) then the disco light is very VERY disturbing!
saz

zacman

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2004, 10:20:18 am »
Brewman, you are correct.  I did not receive the instruction sheet re the light.  Went to the manual but found nothing about how it works there. I will stop by the dealer next week to pick one up. Thanks for your offer.  If the dealer does not  have one I will take you up on your offer.

bethshar

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2004, 11:08:29 am »
I didn't get the istruction sheet either, but it is pretty easy to do.  Just keep pushing the ligtht button and it goes through the sequence of  - changing colors - off - red- off - green - off - blue - off, etc.  Only about six or so color settings.  If there is more to it than this let me know so I can get the instructions also.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2004, 11:18:50 am »
Turn it off, wait 2 seconds then back on to get to differant sequences.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2004, 02:45:19 pm »
Zacman-

Just PM me with an email address if you want the instructions.  

Brewman
Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2004, 02:45:19 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42