What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Pulling the trigger today! Sundance or Marquis... Hmmm...  (Read 8206 times)

soonercrew

Pulling the trigger today! Sundance or Marquis... Hmmm...
« on: May 08, 2020, 10:33:42 am »
So... after a month of research (mostly here on this site), the family and i (mom, dad and 2 young boys) have decided today's the day!  Whew, it will be a relief to stop studying, Lol... 

We've narrowed our decision down to 2 units, although there's many more i'd like to consider.  But, due to budget and dealer accessibility, this is where we stand.

Sundance Altamar:  $9500 out the door.  Delivered, Cover, Lift, Steps and start-up kit.

Marquis Epic: $9800 out the door.  Delivered, Cover, Lift, Steps and start-up kit.

Both are good long-term reputable dealers.  The Marquis dealer is 2 miles from our home, and the Sundance dealer is 38 miles...  Both within reason.

There's lots we like about both.  Different sizes, but also different qualities in each... 

Some of my main things when starting my search were:
Dealer accessiblity
Insulation/Build quality/Energy consumption
Fit for our family
Warranty
and lots more i could add onto this...

I'm hoping to get some opionions (good/bad/ugly) on the choices we've narrowed it down to.  We would qualify both as a great fit for our family, and both tested equily in our opinion.

Thanks in advance for any and all comments!!!  So excited to get this over with and start enjoying our new evening fun!!!  :D ;D :D

Hot Tub Forum

Pulling the trigger today! Sundance or Marquis... Hmmm...
« on: May 08, 2020, 10:33:42 am »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Pulling the trigger today! Sundance or Marquis... Hmmm...
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2020, 12:28:15 pm »
Not up on Sundance pricing but that is a stupid low price on that Epic. One of the best therapy tubs on the market. Great build quality as well. I’m sure some Sundance guys will chime in as well

castletonia

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2020, 02:05:26 pm »
Both good brands.  No idea on the Sundance regarding price.  I would buy the Epic at that price before your dealer realizes they made a mistake.

hottubgirl2

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2020, 05:08:12 pm »
Congratulations! Hoping your deal went well today! Which hot tub did you finalize? How long til delivery?

swilly1000

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2020, 05:56:33 am »
I wet tested the Epic and loved the jetting.

soonercrew

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2020, 12:01:15 pm »
geeezzz...  So, my hesitation got the better of me, and we've added another few options.  Hotspring Envoy and Artesian Antigua Elite...  Headed to wet test the HS Envoy now! Doing nothing but confusing myself more, Lol...  Fortunately, we have the room for this tub.  Got clarification last night when at the dealer that both units we were looking at were + tax.  Not a deal breaker, but definitely not what was discussed with them prior.  This is the reason i held off a minute.  I feel the wife will fall in love with the envoy and my wallet will end up much thinner!!!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 01:31:32 pm by soonercrew »

d00nut

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2020, 01:39:44 pm »
Happy wife... happy life!

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2020, 02:22:00 pm »
geeezzz...  So, my hesitation got the better of me, and we've added another few options.  Hotspring Envoy and Artesian Antigua Elite...  Headed to wet test the HS Envoy now! Doing nothing but confusing myself more, Lol...  Fortunately, we have the room for this tub.  Got clarification last night when at the dealer that both units we were looking at were + tax.  Not a deal breaker, but definitely not what was discussed with them prior.  This is the reason i held off a minute.  I feel the wife will fall in love with the envoy and my wallet will end up much thinner!!!

Of course you would need to pay sales tax.....All good options

soonercrew

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2020, 04:31:36 pm »
I’m aware... But, we had discussed an all-in OTD price prior to.  The salesperson admitted to be at fault... No biggie, been there myself.
And... now we’ve added another!!!

Caldera Ganeva.  It’s a leftover 2019. No salt. But I feel it’s a great deal at $10,100 w/ all the normal stuff (del/cover/lift) + tax

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2020, 05:40:05 pm »
I’m aware... But, we had discussed an all-in OTD price prior to.  The salesperson admitted to be at fault... No biggie, been there myself.

Caldera Ganeva.  It’s a leftover 2019. No salt. But I feel it’s a great deal at $10,100 w/ all the normal stuff (del/cover/lift) + tax

If it doesn’t have salt it’s not a 2019. Probably 2017 or first half 2018. That’s a good price. You aren’t in Rhode Island are you?

soonercrew

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2020, 07:51:38 pm »

If it doesn’t have salt it’s not a 2019. Probably 2017 or first half 2018. That’s a good price. You aren’t in Rhode Island are you?

No sir... Western Pa. 

Just finished a wet test on the Hotspring Envoy.  Nice spa, good jet pressure.  Not a huge fan of the moto...  We really thought it would be awesome, and don't get me wrong, it was very cool.  But, something i don't think we would enjoy long-term and at that kind of $$$ we wanna be confident in a huge investment.

Therefore...  We are now adding the Artesian Elite Dove Canyon and Island Elite Grand Bahama.  I'm not super familiar with Artesian.  But, from what i've researched, they actually seem to have some of the least complaints...  Actually pretty excited to try both of these, and we're fortunate to have a great dealer of these within 20-30 miles...

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2020, 08:39:35 pm »
Wondered because there is a guy in Rhode Island advertising older Caldera Models for cheap. Whichever of these tubs you decide on you are getting a great tub for what seems like great pricing.

soonercrew

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2020, 02:59:43 pm »

You were obviously correct sir.  It’s an 18’ with the frog system...  After correcting him, which I believe was an honest mistake on his part, as the dealer is very reputable, he’s now down to $10,000 out the door taxes and everything included!

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2020, 04:39:15 pm »
It’s a good tub. Same tub I have at my house. I had a marquis before. Think the power on Marquis was better but Caldera is more comfortable

dynasty

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2020, 10:17:31 pm »
I am myself in the process of buying an Artesian Elite Dove Canyon. I tried caldera geneva and wasn't a huge fan, not bad but just "meh". The dove canyon on the other hand I liked. Good luck and let us know how you like Artesian.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2020, 10:17:31 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42