What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Whose lurking  (Read 10773 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Whose lurking
« on: September 13, 2004, 03:07:55 pm »
We know who the end users are.
We know who the Techs are.
We know who the dealers are.

I wonder if we have any manufacturers lurking around.? But they probably would prefer to remain anonymous.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

Whose lurking
« on: September 13, 2004, 03:07:55 pm »

Chris_H

Re: Whose lurking
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2004, 03:13:39 pm »
I think Chas is really an employee of Hotspring. I think he gets $10 bucks per post.  

I’m an employee of Sundance (or at least Steve thinks so).  I get $20 bucks per post.

It is a nice part time job.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2004, 05:00:59 pm »
I think Chas is really an employee of Hotspring. I think he gets $10 bucks per post.

$25 if the info is actually right.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2004, 05:48:38 pm »
Chas..you work cheap....I hear Jim pays 50.00

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2004, 06:32:33 pm »
Yeah, but I heard he pays in Haven Bucks.
Brewman
Brewman

keesterdog

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2004, 07:12:05 pm »
would you guys please leave the master daiter alone. ::)

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2004, 07:49:27 pm »
I can't say who it is but I work for one of the manufacturers as the supervisor of all outdoor manufacturing. I'm in charge of all the spas that sit outside for bleaching (necessary for our euro spas ::)), rebuild, returns, etc.  It’s a pretty easy job cause we really don't cover anything up, we just let them bake in the sun. I'm also in charge of making sure no one sneaks around the old lumber mill to take pictures to post on the internet. As an added bonus, I'm the unofficial Fire Marshall though that’s a job in itself.;)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2004, 11:10:29 am by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2004, 09:29:41 pm »
Chas is probably chairman of the board for HS.

Steve might be the alter ego for James (You know kind of a Jekyll/Hyde deal!) 8)

Wmccall could be a professional ticket scalper looking for potential victims  ;)

Spahappy is a tequila lush (much like myself)! :P

Spa tech t.o.u. might be a reincarnation of Aristotle

I think Zztop is an alien sent here to do a brain scan on us all and steal our spa ideas…. :o

I'm still trying to figure out what guys like Maverick and Windsurfdog get out of venomously defending their brand so much. They both adamantly claim to just be happy spa owners and have nothing to do with the industry yet advise shoppers as if their industry experts instead of just giving their opinions and personal experience.

There are a lot of us that promote our own brands while helping others with questions so yes we get a lot out of this in addition to staying abreast of the industry.

As for me, I've never even seen a spa I'm a plant by the US government to bring down Master Spas so that they can take over their new facility for a tax audit office in Indiana! ;D

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2004, 11:05:05 am »
I'm still trying to figure out what guys like Maverick and Windsurfdog get out of venomously defending their brand so much. They both adamantly claim to just be happy spa owners and have nothing to do with the industry yet advise shoppers as if their [sic] industry experts instead of just giving their opinions and personal experience.

stuart, stuart, stuart,
And just to think I was just giving you credit for a truce unbroken and now you call me, yet again, a liar.  You are unbelievable....what a shame.  Why don't you tell us your brand association or are you ashamed?  Sounds like you've got as much a burr for me as you have for MS because your comments are so out of line.  Keep it up, please....your true colors are certainly becoming clearer and clearer.
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2004, 11:28:07 am »
I doubt its you WSD. It seems like a MS vendetta to me. I do see his point in regards to owners defending there choice. I think it boiles down to buyers remorse/pleasure. The defending of the consumers brand of choice likely happened b4 the purchase and installation.
Homeworks Financing Representative

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2004, 12:03:21 pm »
stuart, stuart, stuart,
And just to think I was just giving you credit for a truce unbroken and now you call me, yet again, a liar.  You are unbelievable....what a shame.  Why don't you tell us your brand association or are you ashamed?  Sounds like you've got as much a burr for me as you have for MS because your comments are so out of line.  Keep it up, please....your true colors are certainly becoming clearer and clearer.

Actually mark; I was not calling you a liar I was referring to the fact that you post advice like an industry expert! I do know who you are and I don't have a problem with you sharing your wonderful personal experience with your tub but have asked more than once what you get out of hanging out on this site defending the master spa name so passionately, THAT is confusing. As far as my brand affiliation I sell Marquis, D1, Coleman, Elite, Nordic, FreeFlow, Dreamaker and several other brands as an independent, I recently helped a friend with Caldera, sold HotSpring for years in addition to Sundance, Catalina, LA, Vita, Dolphin, Leisure Bay, Master and DownEast. I have sold and serviced thousands of spas in my career in this industry from many manufactures.

I have no "Burr" for you and truly appreciate much of your input but get very frustrated when you claim to not be an expert and then try to position Master on this forum as one of the "top" brands as if you have industry insight. Your spa has great jet performance, nice seating and some cool features yet my bet is that most dealers that sell Master will tell you they have to remove the side panels to deliver the spa to keep them from breaking, the wait times are horrendous when you order a new spa, the jets have had to be replaced often, there is no consistency to what pumps and parts are used in the same model from month to month, customer service from the factory level is a bit frustrating to say the least and much more. Again, I want you to have a good experience and would not wish any of these issues on you but I have gone to the dealer conventions in Mexico with everyone else and have listened to EVERYONE tell me the same issues and problems that I have dealt with.

As far as who you are, well from everything I know your a pretty cool guy and we would probably get along great on the beach but I will challenge anyone that overemphasizes the position of a line like Master. As far as if I have a burr for Master, ABSOLUTLY! Make no mistake about it. So commodore, sorry if you feel I’m attacking you, I truly don’t mean to. When I say that is confusing it’s simply because I have to make time for this forum but I have much to gain by doing so in not only industry knowledge but it gives me insight as to what is going on with the rest of the brands. I couldn’t imagine spending vast amounts of time here if I had already purchased a spa – I would rather be windsurfing!

Now for my true colors; they are red, white and blue! You see I’m an American small business owner. I, and others like me employ 75% of our countries workforce (I only employ up 18 at time!). I personally paid over $50,000 in tax’s last year and fight more battles in a day than the average “Joe” will see in 10 years. I get scrutinized by the IRS, harassed by the city planning, solicited by every ad agency in town, shadowed by OSHA and workman’s comp, cornered by customers and put on the spot by my vendors weekly. So yes, I have something to gain by venting here!

spaguyohio

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2004, 12:54:56 pm »
Why doesnt everyone just agree to disagree? Brand X to one person is better than Brand Y. If YOU are happy with the color, design, operation, etc.  of what you bought, thats great. Isnt that what truely matters?

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2004, 02:17:53 pm »
Actually mark; I was not calling you a liar I was referring to the fact that you post advice like an industry expert! I do know who you are and I don't have a problem with you sharing your wonderful personal experience with your tub but have asked more than once what you get out of hanging out on this site defending the master spa name so passionately, THAT is confusing......
.....I have no "Burr" for you and truly appreciate much of your input but get very frustrated when you claim to not be an expert and then try to position Master on this forum as one of the "top" brands as if you have industry insight......that most dealers that sell Master will tell you they have to remove the side panels to deliver the spa to keep them from breaking, the wait times are horrendous when you order a new spa, the jets have had to be replaced often, there is no consistency to what pumps and parts are used in the same model from month to month, customer service from the factory level is a bit frustrating to say the least and much more......

stuart,
I do not know who "mark" is.......I am not "mark".

I AM a Master Spas LSX owner......I do not "claim" to be a Master Spas LSX owner......there is a BIG difference between the two......the first is my statement of fact.....the second is your doubt that I am who I say I am.....I take great offense at that and suggest you accept it as the fact that it is.  Otherwise, you are calling me a liar.

I have never claimed to be an industry expert.  I invite any who wishes to honestly review my posts for any indication of such.  I will not back off of my opinions and I will state them as such.  I will not back off of my statements of fact as well.  If stating such makes me look as if I am an "industry expert" then so be it.  The last post of yours is not the first that sounds as if you feel consumers who frequent this board should be sheep guided through the maze of spatopia by the all-knowing retailers with no expression other than "IMHO".  The spa business itself is not rocket science and spas are not Space Shuttles....a little reading goes a long way.  Please do not take that statement as a lack of respect......I very much do respect all of the business owners of this great country that form the backbone of our economy.  My point is that I can read, digest and spew facts about spas without being a retailer.....another wonderful advantage to living in this wonderful country of ours.

I am not here to promote/defend MS.....I AM here to clear the air about MS based upon my limited experiences with the brand--and with your unbridled bias, there's a lot of air clearing that needs to be done.  I pleaded with you before to stick to the facts but you refuse.  Therefore, it is no wonder that you feel I'm only here to defend MS.  Come on, stuart, realize this whole rehashing would not be occurring if you hadn't again inferred that I haven't been honest to the readers of this board regarding my lack of ties to MS.  These are the colors that you show........

But since you've taken a few more cheap shots, I'll answer those now:

If most dealers remove the panels to deliver the product, why weren't they removed from my spa upon delivery?  They did have to travel over 200 miles to deliver the spa......they probably drove 60+ mph over 4 hours or so.....one would think those "cheap" panels would have been left by the road after that trip.  I guess I'm 1-in-a-million.......

My dealer had my spa 5 weeks before I was ready.  He sold it and ordered another one, for which I was thankful.....I would have hated to insist on his keeping that one realizing that he would have to pay for the spa before I would take delivery--the old cash flow problem about which I was very aware and in agreement.  My spa was delivered in about 7 weeks--about 2 weeks after I was ready.  So I have no experience with order problems.

I have not had to replace a jet yet--no experience there either.

Can't comment on the pump issue......mine work perfectly......ALL 4 OF THEM.

I haven't had any dealings with the factory so I can't comment on that.

If you have much more, go ahead and spew........just keep to the facts........

Lastly, and most importantly to me, accept who I say I am........or you'll get a cold shoulder when you come to the beach to windsurf.....
8)

We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

PPOL

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2004, 06:04:06 pm »
Guys-

Why dont your bring out the gloves, smack someone in the face, and challenge eachother to a duel.

;D

Neil O'Donovan
Phoenix Park Outdoor Living
Wilmington, NC

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2004, 06:34:21 pm »
WSD,
Actually mark

I didn't mean mark I meant Jack but I was doing to many things at once. I have no doubt your not in the spa industry you might even work for the FL state lottery but I might be way off base and regardless, I agree that this needs to end. You've had a great experience with master I haven't. You've dealt with one I've dealt with hundereds. We both have our own opinion based on our own experience.

Besides I need to quit burning this bridge because I want to learn to windsurf when I go to FL and you seem to be the guy with the "hookups".  ;D
« Last Edit: September 15, 2004, 11:23:54 am by stuart »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2004, 06:34:21 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42