What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Caldera Vanto - New owner spa questions  (Read 1951 times)

norcalhottub

Caldera Vanto - New owner spa questions
« on: April 25, 2020, 11:25:47 pm »
Hello Hot Tub Forum, I finally picked up our Caldera Vanto a month ago and it's awesome.  Family has been using it around the clock since installed and given the great weather we've been getting here in North CA, I see no signs of slowing down. 

I've compiled a list of questions during my short time of ownership and now that I can put things into context, it'll be easier to retain.  I'll have to apologize in advance for some of them as I am certain i know the answer but would just like to confirm, others not so much.  And there's the no brainer questions I should know but was too excited during delivery where the rep's instructions went one ear and out the other.  Onto the questions:

-Do you run the "Clean" mode after every use? 
-Any suggested chemicals after each use? 
-How often to use the Spaguard Enhanced Shock which was included in my kit?
-The @ease inline chlorine cartridge seems to already be low/out after 2.5/3 weeks at most...is that normal?
-Are there any other indicators of low chlorine asides from the paper strip indicator?
-What is the typical water fill height?  Currently we have ours barely covering the LED's (we have a family of 4, 2 smaller kids).
-Is there a suggested temp to set when on vacation?  Say anything over 1 week away from home?
-Is there a go-to/preferred surface cleaner for the scum ring?  I have been monitoring/testing water consistently and it is not calcium and do my best to follow rules of cleanliness but w/ kids it's not so easy. 
-Lastly, is there a go-to website members go to for their chemicals?  I've order a bundle of cartridges from spaandpoolstore.com which seemed to have good prices, however their shipping process was a bit slow. 

Thanks again in advance!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 11:27:24 pm by norcalhottub »

Hot Tub Forum

Caldera Vanto - New owner spa questions
« on: April 25, 2020, 11:25:47 pm »

castletonia

Re: Caldera Vanto - New owner spa questions
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2020, 08:37:07 am »
Congrats on the new hot tub!!!

To answer you questions:

- I recommend to my customers to use "Clean" mode when they are adding chemicals.  It's nice because the pump only runs for 10 minutes and shuts off instead of running for a much longer time if you just hit the jet button.
- If you have a hot tub party, not a bad idea to use the Enhanced Shock then.  Otherwise, under normal usage, I think once a week is fine.
- 3 weeks could be normal for that SmartChlor cartridge.  What setting do you have it set on and how many hours daily is your hot tub filtering?  Also, how is your pH?  Low pH will deplete the cartridge A LOT faster than it would otherwise.
- Water that is discolored, cloudy, or has a musty smell are all signs of low chlorine
- Typical water level would be 1/2 way between the uppermost jets and the headrests
- I would just use a non-abrasive sponge/scrubber to wipe anything off.  When the hot tub is empty, I tell my customers either vinegar/water mixture otherwise I sell Off The Wall by BioGuard.
- Can't help on the chemicals.  I always suggest buy from your dealer if possible.  They are usually the ones answering your questions and the one that will be performing any service needs.  As a dealer, one of my biggest pet peeves is when customers use me for water testing and pick my brain only to buy stuff elsewhere.  I treat all my customers the same but I will go the "extra" mile for those that continue to support my business. 

norcalhottub

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2020, 12:01:30 pm »
Always helpful, thank u for the answers so far.

-For the cartridge, I believe it is at setting 3 as instructed by the rep.
-As it Stands i have not touched the filter settings in the tools Menu. Whatever caldera’s default setting is it should still be in tact. I can double check today (edit just checked; it is at 1 and 30) Any recommend settings?
-Ever since the initial setup and after increasing pH, I’d say I’ve read more on the higher side of the tolerant range than lower. But the tub as I’ve mentioned has been getting ALOT of use and yes I’m starting to observe a slight must and less clearer water. Still waiting for my shipment to arrive.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 01:15:32 pm by norcalhottub »

swilly1000

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2020, 01:08:15 pm »
My tub has a label in the filter compartment that has a minimum water level mark on it.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2020, 01:08:15 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42