What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Beer VS Wine  (Read 12511 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Beer VS Wine
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2004, 10:55:09 am »
So I guess Jack doesn't fit in here anywhere?   :D

It depends on what your trying to achieve. I was going to add something to that affect.   Don't eat all day, get in the spa (with a friend of course, don't try this alone)  instant cheap drunk.

Did this in Providence, RI one time on a business trip, worked all day at the plant, got back to the hotel, was too tired to eat, took a 7-7 into the hot tub and whoa!
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2004, 10:55:09 am »

tazman

• don't test the depth of a stream with both feet!
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2004, 11:09:17 am »
So I guess Jack doesn't fit in here anywhere?   :D

only if you can't afford crown!

zzaphod42

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2004, 11:10:08 am »
Although I appreciate the complexities/varieties of wine, I drink a heck of a lot more beer.

For wine, it is hard to go wrong with a merlot, although I enjoy valpolicella as well. I tried my hand at "making" wine and ended up with a great imitation amarone. Rarely does white wine pass my lips.

If I am at a pub, and know ahead of time that I am only having a single beer, Guiness would be my choice. At all other times, I drink Alexander Keiths  :)

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2004, 11:34:33 am »
JD is a fine sipping whiskey.  
Now if you want to get snobby, lets get some single malt scotch into the mix.  MMMMMMMMMMM....... :)
Brewman
Brewman

ttodd1

• Life is so much better in my Cameo
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2004, 11:50:49 am »

It depends on what your trying to achieve. I was going to add something to that affect.   Don't eat all day, get in the spa (with a friend of course, don't try this alone)  instant cheap drunk.

Who you callin' a cheap drunk..!!   Oh sorry general term, got it.  Damn it man pass the bottle here. ;D

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2004, 12:05:01 pm »
Funny, I've never been crazy about either one.  (Unless it is a good bottle of Asti Spumante...brings back those college days...and sailing days...and...anyway...)

My Mother-In-Law makes a killer Sangria, though.  Of course, being spanish, she ought to.  I was privleged to be Sangria maker for last Christmas!  Of course, gone within the first hour of everyone arriving!!  (That is about the only way I can drink red wine!)

If I have my choice, I choose Asti, but there are many other choices, none of which fit in the two mentioned in the subject!!!  Not that crazy about beer.
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

ttodd1

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2004, 12:08:19 pm »
Me either.  Never really liked the taste of beer.  So I guess if I only had beer and wine to chose from I guess it would have to be wine - any cheap bottle I guess since I seem to have no taste.. :-X

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2004, 12:16:18 pm »
Me either.  Never really liked the taste of beer.  So I guess if I only had beer and wine to chose from I guess it would have to be wine - any cheap bottle I guess since I seem to have no taste.. :-X

I sort of feel the same way, but I might go on the side of the beer. Glad you weren't offended by cheap drunk. Maybe I'll change my answer to,  Whatever gets the suits off faster.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

jaw

• Golf - it's not just for breakfast anymore.
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2004, 12:28:55 pm »
Sue me, I spelled it Reserve instead of Riserva!

And French Paradox or no, there are many good drinkable Merlots available for fair prices.

cparlf

« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2004, 03:31:02 pm »
My tastes are simple.  My staple, October through May, Johnny Walker Red on the rocks sometimes with a twist.  You can keep the JW Blacks and Blues, as there are a few single malts that kick Johnny's rear end for the same buck.  For tub time, a nice iced Drambuie can't be beat.  The summer means vodka on the rocks, prefer Absolut but Smirnoff will suffice, with a bottle of Beefeaters and tonic dissappearing somewhere between June and September.   Not sure where it goes, but it just happens.  Bass Ale on draught is fine, some micro brews are ok but many are weasle p_ _.  Yuengling Lager, "America's Oldest Brewery" is nice on draught, and their YL Light is the best light beer going.  IMO.  Then again, why not drink a real beer, then a glass of water, then a real beer...........instead of watered down beer?

BobRex

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2004, 03:50:22 pm »
Wow, somebody else who likes Yuengling.  I'm about 40 miles from the brewery, so it's local for me!  I agree with you about light beer - if I'm going to drink water, then I'll just drink water!  

Funny thing about beer and water.  Did you know that after prohibition, the larger breweries ( c'mon, you know who they are) decided to water down their beer to better appeal to women (women drinkers = increased sales).  So what everybody has been drinking since then IS light beer.  The newer piss level beers are actually light squared.  ;D

BobRex

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2004, 03:53:49 pm »
Wow, somebody else who likes Yuengling.  I'm about 40 miles from the brewery, so it's local for me!  I agree with you about light beer - if I'm going to drink water, then I'll just drink water!  

Funny thing about beer and water.  Did you know that after prohibition, the larger breweries ( c'mon, you know who they are) decided to water down their beer to better appeal to women (women drinkers = increased sales).  So what everybody has been drinking since then IS light beer.  The newer piss level beers are actually light squared.  ;D

ttodd1

« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2004, 04:32:27 pm »

I sort of feel the same way, but I might go on the side of the beer. Glad you weren't offended by cheap drunk. Maybe I'll change my answer to,  Whatever gets the suits off faster.

Hey I've been called worse.  :o

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2004, 04:58:45 pm »
Vinny,
I'm with you on the Bud! I drink one Bud (or a glass of wine for that matter) and you might as well just smack me in the head with a hammer for the headache I'll get (don't get any ideas WSD)!

LOL........I promise to be gentle........
BTW, I love a great beer but there's nothing like a martini made with a very expensive exotic gin with 2 bleu cheese hand stuffed olives......
8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2004, 07:19:19 pm »
As far as beer is concerned, my two staples are Yuengling and Sam Adams, sometimes I'll pick up Sam Adams Summer Brew. If I want something special I'll view what's in the store, now thats it's around Oktoberfest - I'm going to look for Hokashoor (sp?) Oktoberfest beer.

For wine it's either Chardanny for my wife or Merlot or a blended wine for me. There's a new (?) wine out - Luna di Luna - that blends different types of wines together - pretty good for everyday drinking (IMO).

for ebiranne - I was privliged to be able to have a glass of 1962 Chateu Lafite Rothschild back 15 or so years ago. It was a wonderful wine tasting experience - too bad I can't afford things like that every day.

Now for Jack Daniels, I haven't had it in about 8 years. Funny thing happen when I had it the last time with beer, I had a HUGE hangover - I couldn't stop at one, I knew I was in trouble when I saw that empty bottle - thank goodness I wasn't alone. Misery loves company. I have actually never sipped Jack, it always was shots.  I'll have to try it.

I grew up with my dad drinking Johnny Walker Black and Red along with Dewers. I do drink it on rare occassions ( I went to a wedding serving nib cans of Bud - this was my first time drinking scotch) but not too often. I have a half gallon of Dewers in my closet that been around for quite a while.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2004, 07:19:19 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42