What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Opinions on where to put a hot tub  (Read 1944 times)

Sludge Factory

Opinions on where to put a hot tub
« on: February 29, 2020, 08:54:06 pm »
Ok we have two places that we can put a hot tub.  I can put it on the back deck with no ceiling, so we will be able to look up at the stars at night etc.  I can also put it in a screened in room we have on the house.  This room has two walls that back up to our house which open into the house and two walls that are screens so we can see out over the farm.  I hope that made sense.  In this room it's already wired for a tv (you may have read where I mentioned about a tv in another thread) and it's nice with a tile floor.  It's indoor/outdoor use but you have a ceiling so it's not quite as open feeling.  But it's still a large room plenty big and won't be crammed with a tub.  Some of you that have probably had tubs in different locations, please chime in and give me your opinions best you can with my explanation.  I would have to have an outlet ran for the tub to either location, just in case this comes up.

Hot Tub Forum

Opinions on where to put a hot tub
« on: February 29, 2020, 08:54:06 pm »

bud16415

Re: Opinions on where to put a hot tub
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2020, 08:35:18 am »
It is wonderful to have a tub out in the open away from everything and under the stars, But if you live where it rains and snows a lot and where you have to clear a path to the tub and then get the snow off the tub and then fight cold winds you wont go out and use it unless everything is perfect. Privacy is another thought. If you live in a warm dry area then I would factor in the stars a lot more.

We have ours on a deck and it is one step from the door. I go out and brush off the little bit of snow that gets on it and the deck and open it up even if it is below zero out. I then come back in and shower and then go straight in the tub. When we get out the cold isn’t much of an issue like getting in. It takes a little bit for your body to cool down. If it is cold I normally go back inside dry off and then treat the water set the tub to clean and close it up.

Inside or outside for me depends on where you live. We went with just a roof over it so we can still see the night sky out the sides and the snow coming down and curtains we can draw if it is real windy.

One last unrelated tip especially in the winter. If you have sensitive skin it is a good idea to moisturize after the soak as the hot water really dries your skin out. 

CanadianSpaTech

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2020, 09:05:24 am »
Go out after dark and in each location just stand there quitely for 5-10 mins and get a feel for each spot. I spent about as much time sitting on the edge of the spa as I do in the spa. I agree with Bud that it has to be as close to a door as possible especially if you are in a snow region. Getting out is easy going out is the hard part.

I have a pop cooler that I keep near the back door. Put my robe and towel in the dryer for a few minutes to get them nice and warm and then into the cooler to keep them warm and dry for exiting the spa.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 09:09:08 am by CanadianSpaTech »

Sludge Factory

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2020, 07:59:36 pm »
Thank you all and I'm sorry I thought I had already responded to this post the other day.   I may not have as many choices as I thought because I never took into consideration if one would fit through double doors.   Anyone know if most will or will not etc?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2020, 07:59:36 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42