What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 2 Month Hot Tub owner Icon  (Read 3289 times)

dalop

• If its not the Boat Its the Tub!
2 Month Hot Tub owner Icon
« on: September 18, 2004, 11:18:35 am »
I have been reading this form since I got my new hot tub at the end of July and I have learned a lot from all of you. I had some cloudy water problems and found the solutions here. After the first 2 weeks I empted and started over. Since then its been perfect and my wife and family have enjoyed it every night exept on the weekends when I am on my boat (and I miss it).
 Now for the not so good news. I wish I had found this form before I got the tub. Although I can't complain because my son got it for me for Fathers day, I ended up getting a Icon Image 631 6 person, dual pump, 2 motors, 32 jet hot tub from on line :-[. By reading the reviews of all the differant hot tubs on this form I guess I have my work cut out for me if anything happens in the future. Hopefully I can get through the next year or so because now I have the fever and (like a boat) :) you always want to go bigger and better.
I quess my question to all of you dealers(or to anyone who has and Icon Image) is how offten do you hear of problems with these and what type of problems should I prepare for. I am very good at repairing and working hands on and would have no problem working on this if I have to. It would be just getting the right parts.
  Im not going to worry about anything now because right now I love it  8) its working great and I know I could always come here for help ;). This is the best thing that has happened to us and I am looking forward to going in in the winter months living here in Southern New England.  Dave~

Hot Tub Forum

2 Month Hot Tub owner Icon
« on: September 18, 2004, 11:18:35 am »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: 2 Month Hot Tub owner Icon
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2004, 07:04:07 am »
Take a look at the names on the equipment in your tub. The control pack, pumps, motors atatched to them. Try and find out what kind of jets you have, sometimes the type of pump and jets are the same. Familiarize your self with the inside now so if or when you do have to work on it you know what your looking at. Piece of cake. Go online and find a good parts supplier with your brand of parts on the shelf, there is several out there.
Retired

rocket

• Life is good!
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2004, 06:11:57 pm »
Call the place in which the spa was purchased and get the name & number of the service tech that does warranty work on the spa.  There should be one in town that Icon has a pre-arranged agreement with in order to help you when that time comes.

dalop

• If its not the Boat Its the Tub!
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2004, 08:11:19 pm »
thanks for the input.. i will do all of the above and that way if and when anything goes wrong i'll be ready. I'm just afraid with my luck the heater will go in the middle of the winter and i want to make sure i can get it up and running fast. It was a great nite tonight in the tub :) thanks again ;)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2004, 08:11:19 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42