What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Newbie looking for your expert thoughts - Bullfrog, Hot Springs, Jacuzzi, Master  (Read 2684 times)

agallan

Hi all,
Just stumbled upon this forum last week as I began my hot tub search. Thanks for being a great resource for an area most consumers don't know much about and struggle with!

I visited 4 local dealers in the upper midwest for dry + wet test of a lounger model for the following brands: Bullfrog, HotSprings, Jacuzzi, and Master Spa. The process was interesting - I guess I just like hot water because I really enjoyed all of them (despite being a very detail-oriented and discerning person). That being said, the overall outcomes were not exactly what I would have expected. My thoughts are below. I would REALLY appreciate any thoughts/feedback, and in particular would really like to know if I have some room to go on prices. Thank you so much!

-Bullfrog R7L: $9995 (pretax), includes cover, EOS O3 Enhanced ozone system, @Ease system, $200 chemicals, 2 bullfrog cartridge filters, delivery, cover lifter installation if buy the cover
-Bullfrog A7L: $11495 (pretax), includes cover, EOS O3 Enhanced ozone system, @Ease system, $200 chemicals, 2 bullfrog cartridge filters, delivery, cover lifter installation if buy the cover

Additional $200 off for cash, additional $500 off if in stock (have an R7L, no A7L which I'm leaning towards, but do have an A8L for +$1500 from A7L). The dealer was knowledgeable and trustworthy. The actual tub I wet-tested was A8D. I liked the fit, loved the versatility of jet packs, thought jets were appropriately strong (looking for both relaxation and therapeutic value), and build quality was good. Headrests were incredibly uncomfortable which is so crazy to me. I came in to the process with this being #1 in my head, and left either #1 or #2. Think I could have room on price?

----------------
-Hot Springs Envoy: $14380 (pretax, cash price), includes cover, lifter, ozone or saltwater (choice), startup chemicals, delivery.
-Hot Springs Flair: $10438 (pretax, cash price), includes cover, lifter, ozone or saltwater (choice), startup chemicals, delivery.

This dealer was excellent and super knowledgeable. Wet tested Envoy only. BEAUTIFUL tub, very luxurious and refined. Built like a tank. On paper its probably the best of my options, but I just didn't love the layout of any of the Hot Springs tubs in the Highlife line, didn't love the moto massage, and felt like the jets were the weakest of all the tubs I tried (although well designed and pointed at the right places).

-----------------
Master Spa Twilight 7.25: $9300 (pretax, in-stock model), includes cover, cover lifter, steps, chemicals, and delivery.

Despite the negative things I've heard, I wanted to do my due diligence. I actually like the dealer, they were knowledgeable, very nice, and not pushy yet helpful. The tub was better than expected. The foot blasters were the best I tried. The jets were relatively strong but did not penetrate very well. Fit was pretty good but not exceptional for my body (6', 200lbs). I felt like the components (diverters, etc) were mediocre quality. Wouldn't be a bad tub, just wasn't as good as others I tested.

----------
Jacuzzi 375: $9499 (pre-tax, order-out) - not sure what it includes (had to run pretty quickly after the test)
Jacuzzi 335: $11250 (pre-tax, order-out) - not sure what it includes

Almost didn't go, because I'd heard Jacuzzi was mediocre and overpriced. Also they sold off their floor models for the above, which would prevent me from some savings. The manager I spoke with was very helpful and knowledgeable, but the company itself seemed a little less trustworthy (not shady or anything, just not as well-run as the others). I was only able to test the 335, but 375 is same layout but larger and with more jets. I was surprised how much I like it! Seats were super comfy. Love the layout of 375 with lounger but still room for a corner seat. Biggest plus: the jest were BY FAR the strongest I tested. By far. Felt great on my back. But it definitely seems like a power-focused tub as opposed to Bullfrog which has more versatility. Any thoughts on price?
----------

Overall, I think I'm down to Bullfrog and Jacuzzi and will bring my wife back to wet-test those 2. I would really appreciate your thoughts on company comparisons (especially reliability/efficiency), and how much better you think I can do on price! Thanks so much everyone.

Hot Tub Forum

BullFrogSpasMN

If you can pick up an in-stock brand new R7L for $9,500 or an A7 for 11,000 I think those spas would be your best 'value' on your list imo based on insulation, jet selection (assuming an in-stock model has 4 of the top 5 or 6 best jetpaks installed) warranty (similar/same on all the models you are looking at) and overall spa construction.  Now I used to sell Hot Spring and agree the Envoy is a beauty, that and the Aria (if they still make it) were my 2 favorite Hot Spring models by far to soak in but for $3,500 - 4,500+ more, I just couldn't justify it, again imo based on the fact I've soaked in both tubs multiple times

Master Spa - no real opinion to be honest, i've never soaked in one and haven't seen one in the flesh for 3 or 4 years

Jacuzzi - That 375 for 9,500 especially if you love the jets would be another 'value' imo...if insulation is way up on your list the Bullfrog & Hot Spring Tubs are insulated better but the difference in cost isn't going to break the bank and the jetting 'feel' could offset that, that's up to you to decide

good luck

agallan

Thanks so much BullFrogSpasMN! Two quick followups:

1. Are those Bullfrog prices high, low, middle of the road? Some room to work?

2. Obviously it's all subjective, but what JetPacks do you sell the most of?

Sam

Those are great prices for the Bullfrogs.  Most dealers I know are a good bit higher right now.

Hot Tub Forum

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42