What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spider in the lcd panel of the optima!  (Read 8066 times)

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
Re: Spider in the lcd panel of the optima!
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2004, 09:40:33 pm »
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Crown Royal trumps both beer and wine...   ;D ;D ;D

bulmer,
You have more class then I've given you in the past! Crown trumps most drinks!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2004, 09:40:33 pm »

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2004, 09:42:46 pm »
Hey!
This might be the answer to the overheat problems that someone posted here a couple of months ago!

Those little suckers are pushing buttons and playing with programing! ;D

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2004, 06:53:49 am »
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Crown Royal trumps both beer and wine...   ;D ;D ;D

One of my faves, bulmer4nc!!!  I have a lot of faves!

Hhmmmmmmmm...I have to agree with a lot of what Spahappy suggested in the beer vs. wine thread!!  Maybe I need to go soak...well, it is a little early!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

tazman

• don't test the depth of a stream with both feet!
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2004, 11:17:21 am »
So is this what the the service tech means when he says "I think you have some kind of a bug in your controls!"?

ttodd1

• Life is so much better in my Cameo
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2004, 12:11:02 pm »
Or for those of us in IT - A bug in the programming.  

You knew it would be said....     ;D

tazman

• don't test the depth of a stream with both feet!
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2004, 12:13:43 pm »
Before I say this I need everyone to know that it is an honest question not a dig!

I have seen several posts over the last few months about service and maintenance issues on Optima’s and Cameos. Some of them have been motor overheat, Blower failure, leaks, water quality issues and now spiders in the control panel. On many of these there have been multiple posters saying theirs had the same problem and yet I rarely see a complaint on the spa just questions as to how to address it.

Here is my question; does Sundance have more issues on these two models or just more of them out there?

More than anything I'm trying to get a ratio of service to ownership.

It sounds like there are quite a few people out there with these 2 models and few with any other Sundance models.

I know that the Marin had a recall earlier in the year for Hydraulic issues yet I have not seen any customers questions on this. Did they not sell many of the Marin’s? With all of the models Sundance sells are these two 80% of what is purchased?

ttodd1

• Life is so much better in my Cameo
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2004, 04:52:59 pm »
Before I say this I need everyone to know that it is an honest question not a dig!

I have seen several posts over the last few months about service and maintenance issues on Optima’s and Cameos. Some of them have been motor overheat, Blower failure, leaks, water quality issues and now spiders in the control panel. On many of these there have been multiple posters saying theirs had the same problem and yet I rarely see a complaint on the spa just questions as to how to address it.

Here is my question; does Sundance have more issues on these two models or just more of them out there?

More than anything I'm trying to get a ratio of service to ownership.

It sounds like there are quite a few people out there with these 2 models and few with any other Sundance models.

I know that the Marin had a recall earlier in the year for Hydraulic issues yet I have not seen any customers questions on this. Did they not sell many of the Marin’s? With all of the models Sundance sells are these two 80% of what is purchased?

I would first have to say water quality issues are not Sundances fault.  The 2 issues I've had with my Cameo to me were not too big a deal, hey stuff breaks/fails.  As long as they will/do give me the quick service to resolve the issue I'm happy.  My first issue was a loose connector on the board from delivery that the tech talked me through reseatting ( I work on pcs for a living so I had no problem doing this others may).  The other was a air injector pump that died.  Maybe it was just faulty....  How a company resovles the problem has a great impact on how the customer sees it as a problem IMO.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2004, 07:24:55 pm »
Actually, I believe that the phrase "this thing has bugs in it" came either from the electronics industry or the computer industry early on do to the fact they really did find bugs (insects) in the equipment.  The phrase has stuck for decades and apparently still applies.

naperguy12

« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2004, 07:45:53 pm »
Exact same thing to my Cameo - I had a spider underneath the panel.  They came out and got rid of it.  No charge!  Other than that, I have only had 2 minor service issues with my Cameo, which was 1 a sticky weir gate which was replaced, and the second was a seal on one of the motors was cracked.  Both these issues were repaired within 2 days at no charge.  I have been very impressed with my dealers service.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2004, 07:45:53 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42