What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Anyone ever hear of Mira Spa?  (Read 7830 times)

Hottubtime

Anyone ever hear of Mira Spa?
« on: October 03, 2019, 09:36:04 am »
Shopping around for my first hot tub. Basically have 3-4 local dealers that carry brands such as Maax, Vita, Hot Springs, Jacuzzi, Artesian (South Seas), Sundance and Mira.

Can’t find much of anything on Mira. Of course that is the model that has everything I want. Dealer says it’s their best seller. But can’t seem to find anything on internet about it! Anyone have one? My other top choice for price/features for me is the South Seas by Artesian.

Any help would be appreciated!

Hot Tub Forum

Anyone ever hear of Mira Spa?
« on: October 03, 2019, 09:36:04 am »

The Wizard of Spas

Re: Anyone ever hear of Mira Spa?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2019, 03:26:36 pm »

Hottubtime

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2019, 04:14:27 pm »
I was looking for more than a website from the company that makes it?

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2019, 05:30:20 pm »

What is it about Mira feature wise that caught your attention and gives you everything you want?

I doubt you'll find anyone here who knows them much really although I could have closed my eyes and pictured exactly what their shells would look like in those overhead views.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hottubtime

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2019, 03:31:34 am »
Their specs seem great for price point. They come with the bells and whistles with the lights and blue forth sound system. Nice shoulder/neck jets. I dry tested one and it was really comfortable. Left dealer feeling good about it. Went home and couldn’t find anything on them in internet which scared me off. I like to read reviews from people that have them and just can’t seem to find any.

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2019, 01:52:07 pm »

Sorry - that was my point (and a point poorly made).  Apologies.

When you don't have much to go on other than a website, that tends to be a red flag.  I know them as a middle to low-end tub manufacturer as every dealer I have seen that carries them has them as a price-point spa, then has more reputable brands as their mid to high-end brands. 

If they hit a price point you like, then I'd try and find other brands in your area that are of the same price point and investigate what the differences are.  This will also help you get a better feel for the dealer and that is also a big part of the process.  Two birds, one stone.

Hope this helps.  Good luck moving forward.

Sam

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2019, 02:33:51 pm »
Their website doesn't discuss the build design at all.  Honestly, I would assume there are safer options at a similar price point.  To me, if a spa is thousands less than well known brands and it has all of the bells and whistles, I'm going to assume they sacrifice quality.  You can't have low price, features, and quality.  Something has to give.  I'd rather have less bells and whistles but a quality price point spa personally.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2019, 02:39:48 pm »
never heard of them, surely looks like they came out of the Artesian factory though based on mold designs...like others have said there is much safer options at this price point

Hottubtime

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2019, 04:48:34 pm »
Dealer finally gave me the answer I was looking for. They are manufactured by Dynasty Spa and “exclusively made” for this particular local dealer. This dealer carries Hot Springs and Mira.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2019, 08:39:41 am »
Dealer finally gave me the answer I was looking for. They are manufactured by Dynasty Spa and “exclusively made” for this particular local dealer. This dealer carries Hot Springs and Mira.

Dealer: hey Dynasty, we want you to make us a spa that meets a price point.

Manufacturer: sure, no problem, what price point?

Dealer: we need them to be cheap to sell to our more frugal customers.

Manufacturer: no problem we can meet that price point.

Manufacturer to assembly line: use the cheaper, thinner material for this one, grab those second quality controls for them also and move them through fast, cut as many corners as possible.
Retired

HottubTimmy

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2020, 12:32:58 pm »
I have the Mira Tub. 13 months and jury is out. It’s good but it doesn’t warm further in even moderate weather and is even starting to drop a degree while I’m
In it - doesn’t even hold a temp. Agree it’s hard to find any info on it, and it is indeed the generic entry tub for higher end dealers.  But it was a good price for its size, power, jets, looks, etc. I may end up loving it but am concerned.

Roger

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2020, 08:53:58 am »
I have the Mira Tub. 13 months and jury is out. It’s good but it doesn’t warm further in even moderate weather and is even starting to drop a degree while I’m
In it - doesn’t even hold a temp. Agree it’s hard to find any info on it, and it is indeed the generic entry tub for higher end dealers.  But it was a good price for its size, power, jets, looks, etc. I may end up loving it but am concerned.

I wouldn't be to concerned, you can have 2 or 3 Mira tubs for the price of one good tub. Instead of one tub that last's 20 years you will have 2 that last 20 years.

Sam

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2020, 12:14:36 pm »

That's definitely not true.  You can google and see many dealers that sell them.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2020, 12:14:36 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42