What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: beachcomber or hydropool  (Read 29416 times)

bobhol

• delivery in 35 minutes......or its LATE!!!
Re: beachcomber or hydropool
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2004, 02:59:15 pm »
is there any difference in operating noise with the motor outside the tub in the beachcomber . bobhol

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2004, 02:59:15 pm »

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2004, 03:11:26 pm »
is there any difference in operating noise with the motor outside the tub in the beachcomber . bobhol

Noise is more dependant on your application and what the tub is sitting on in my experience. Either way, get the hush pump with any Beachcomber purchase. The Hydropool circulates every bit as quiet.

Protec is garbage! Why a box 'O pumps would be a benefit to you I have no idea!  ;) ;D
Darn Jeckle & Hyde thing again...My new meds aren't working.  :-/

Steve

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2004, 08:03:56 pm »
Now Steve, dont go bashing protec or i'll start bashing self cleaning etc.

Protec and Self-cleaning are not patented, but unique to there brands. It is how they differentiate themselves. If these features were really as revolutionary as the manufacturers/dealers claim, someone would copy it wouldn't they?

Remember hundreds of brands = hundreds of unique reasons why "my tub is the best"
« Last Edit: September 15, 2004, 08:06:24 pm by HotTubMan »
Homeworks Financing Representative

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2004, 10:58:50 pm »
Now Steve, dont go bashing protec or i'll start bashing self cleaning etc.

Protec and Self-cleaning are not patented, but unique to there brands. It is how they differentiate themselves. If these features were really as revolutionary as the manufacturers/dealers claim, someone would copy it wouldn't they?

Remember hundreds of brands = hundreds of unique reasons why "my tub is the best"

I'm sorry HTM... that was meant for people with a sense of humor. Have you ever seen a bigger advocate against "the best tub marketing BS" than I? Read some of my posts; They're boring as he11 but you'll get to see how I really feel on that topic...

Steve

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2004, 07:44:51 am »
First, wmccall, I was going to ask if it was an employee of Steve's!  

I applaud you, Steve!  Thanks for being objective...well...as objective as you can be... :-*!

;)

You may have the Jekyll/Hyde thing going, but I thought it might have been coached! (Sorry bobhol!)
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

zzaphod42

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2004, 10:53:23 am »
I've personally owned the 578 for a couple of years and love it. Obviously, it's on its way out and I'll be replacing it with a #638. The 575 is sold with both 29 & 36" heights. It actually sits a little deeper than the 578 though 2" shorter.

If the Hydropool sits a little deeper, where does that depth come from? It is 2" shallower already, and I would have to guess the remaining difference would come from the footwell. Does that mean that Hydropool has very shallow footwells, thus compromising the comfort of the tub?

Noise is more dependant on your application and what the tub is sitting on in my experience. Either way, get the hush pump with any Beachcomber purchase. The Hydropool circulates every bit as quiet.

Now you sound like a politician trying to avoid the topic Steve ;)

Bobhol, when you are sitting in the tubs with the pumps (for the jets) running, the Beachcomber will seem quieter. That is because the noise generated will be contained by the step rather than travelling through the water where you are sitting. I do agree with you Steve regarding the hush pump.

That is a very competetive price for the 578 that the Peterbourough dealer is offering by the way. Is it a 2004, and are they going to service the tub as well?

Joe

Pooldevil

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2004, 11:19:01 am »
I am really enjoying this one !
At last I can be on Steves side and out of the two the Hydropool would be my choice .... every time ! ;)

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2004, 11:30:44 am »
Steve;

Sorry my sense of humour was turned off last night. You got my Mr.Hyde ;)

Zzaphod;

Lost of ways to build a hot tub. Colemans are 35" and sit as deep or deepr than Beachcombers. The bottom a Beachcomber is a good 3"+ off the ground with the framing and centre drain. Coleman has neither. I'll let Steve explain how/why Hydropool does it.

HotTubMan

zzaphod42

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2004, 12:24:26 pm »
Steve;
Colemans are 35" and sit as deep or deepr than Beachcombers. The bottom a Beachcomber is a good 3"+ off the ground with the framing and centre drain. Coleman has neither. I'll let Steve explain how/why Hydropool does it.

Sorry HTM, I did not consider the fact that a company would not put any insulation on the bottom of their hot tubs, along with the framing and floor drain of course.

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2004, 12:59:22 pm »

Sorry HTM, I did not consider the fact that a company would not put any insulation on the bottom of their hot tubs, along with the framing and floor drain of course.

That is an amusing conclusion but I am not surprised to hear this from the cult of Beachcomber. I did not say anything about insulation. I said the Beachcomber has a drain 1" and Framing that elevates it. The Coleman has insulation at the bottom.

ZZaphod, ever sold anything but Beachcomber? Been in any tubs besides a Beachcomber? Beachcomber was the first brand of tub I ever sold. It took 3+ months to deprogram the brainwashing. I now see that there is a lot more to hot tubs than the miopic world of Keith Scott.

HotTubMan

bobhol

• delivery in 35 minutes......or its LATE!!!
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2004, 01:30:48 pm »
The peterborough dealer did not give me the 7500 price.I do have it offered to me from a nearby dealer. i would really prefer to deal in town, but that will be up to my local dealer if I decide to go with beachcomber. Anyone else have any more info on the differences between Beachcomber and Hydropool? Also the Serenity line from hydropool has been suggested. anyone own one of these tubs?

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2004, 03:35:06 pm »
I am really enjoying this one !
At last I can be on Steves side

Oh no...What have I done? ???  ;D

Steve

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2004, 10:36:32 pm »

Oh no...What have I done? ???  ;D

Steve

You know what they say Steve... There's a fine line between love and hate.lol

Spahappy

zzaphod42

« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2004, 10:41:13 am »

That is an amusing conclusion but I am not surprised to hear this from the cult of Beachcomber. I did not say anything about insulation. I said the Beachcomber has a drain 1" and Framing that elevates it. The Coleman has insulation at the bottom.

ZZaphod, ever sold anything but Beachcomber? Been in any tubs besides a Beachcomber? Beachcomber was the first brand of tub I ever sold. It took 3+ months to deprogram the brainwashing. I now see that there is a lot more to hot tubs than the miopic world of Keith Scott.

HotTubMan

Ouch!

I must admit to tunnel vision at times, and usually avoid posting at those times due to my bias. It simply seemed odd for you to point out that Beachcomber has 3"- 4" of frame below the bottom of the shell as if it were a negative thing.

Like most people on here I am definitely more familiar with my brand than anything else, and one of the main reasons for being here is to learn. Yes I have sat in other tubs, but Beachcomber is the only tub I have ever sold. In my neck of the woods, I wouldn't consider selling anything else because there is only one other dealership that has gained my respect. And there is no way I could feel comfortable selling their line of tubs.  

As for the whole "Cult of Beachcomber" thing...I can't speak now, they may be watching me :o ;D

Joe

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2004, 11:49:36 am »

If the Hydropool sits a little deeper, where does that depth come from? It is 2" shallower already, and I would have to guess the remaining difference would come from the footwell. Does that mean that Hydropool has very shallow footwells, thus compromising the comfort of the tub?

Zzaphod,

I was merely responding to these comments. I have no idea which has the deeper footwell as I am not familiar with that Hydropool model. You replied and I got my back up a little, keep selling those Beachcombers!

HTMan

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2004, 11:49:36 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42